4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

Nothing official but I have been checking the site daily as we are returning to WDW after a 6 year hiatus and all DHS days are green until 6/25 when it is red and remains red (blocked) through and including June 8th. It has been known to change even a day or two before so we will see. Maybe previews? Soft opening? No real idea.

Maybe so. We leave 6/21 so was hoping for DVC or AP preview, but seeing the pictures I am moving into the unlikely category. Seems a lot to get done even by June 30th. Surely they will throw a lot of resources at it to avoid a delay.

Nothing official but I have been checking the site daily as we are returning to WDW after a 6 year hiatus and all DHS days are green until 6/25 when it is red and remains red (blocked) through and including June 8th. It has been known to change even a day or two before so we will see. Maybe previews? Soft opening? No real idea.

We leave 6/25 in the evening...would love a soft opening on that day!! Time will tell...

I wonder when Disney will officially announce the tiers

The Tiers have already been announced to the Club Level guests:
All 3 TSL attractions are Tier 1...

Everything else in DHS: Tier 2

I know...I guess I meant like an official announcement via the Disney blog or something...it's nice to have the cl share their news :)

I know...I guess I meant like an official announcement via the Disney blog or something...it's nice to have the cl share their news :)
Disney was over 1 day late in having the TSL FPs live in the system for CL Guests who were able to book for June 30th yesterday.

It’ll be interesting if Disney promotes the 60-day FP booking for TSL when CL guests are already booking their regular FPs 90-days out which draw from the 60-day FP pool.

Does anybody remember how the soft openings for AK worked when Avatar opened? We are going to be there the 12-19 of June and that seems to be fairly decent timing for a DVC soft opening. I know they sent out emails to schedule DVC members on different days and you had to book a spot, but were those options available every day for a week? Or just on select days during a couple of week window? How many days did members have to choose from? Our FP day opens on next Friday and i was just hoping to have all our days nailed down by that point but didn't know if i might have to totally switch everything (ADRs and FPs) around to different days if they only offer a soft opening on one day of our trip.....

Swirling sausers is going to be tier one?? (how soon before people start calling it ***?)

Yes; Confirmed by CL Guests...and it’s AS2 at least on the Boards.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make an AS2 of myself...

I'm guessing that Saucers will be a fairly slow loader, hence the need to make it a Tier One when it's clearly a C Ticket (that's not a criticism; it could be fun, but just doesn't look like a major ride). Even though Slinky Dog will be the star attraction, it looks like "AS2" will be impossible to ride without a fast pass or a 160 min. wait...

Does anyone know of a good RD strategy to get to TSMM? We have never been to the park before so unsure of the best path to take. We're aiming for EMH on 4/15 @ 8am

Sorry, I didn't mean to make an AS2 of myself...

I'm guessing that Saucers will be a fairly slow loader, hence the need to make it a Tier One when it's clearly a C Ticket (that's not a criticism; it could be fun, but just doesn't look like a major ride). Even though Slinky Dog will be the star attraction, it looks like "AS2" will be impossible to ride without a fast pass or a 160 min. wait...
Most people don’t refer to themselves as Alien Swirling Saucer/AS2. ;) You can just use ***.

Does anyone know of a good RD strategy to get to TSMM? We have never been to the park before so unsure of the best path to take. We're aiming for EMH on 4/15 @ 8am

Arrive early. Usually ride CM's will show up and walk everyone to each ride. So if you want to go to Toy Story you follow the Toy Story CM, ToT you follow the ToT CM's.

If they don't have the CM's out and you maneuver on your own, then you'll want to walk straight towards the Chinese theater, turn slight right at the Chinese theater and you'll see stairs and a wheelchair ramp.. Take either and then go left on the walkway. From there it's a straight shot and Toy Story Mania will be on your right.

I'm sure Robo has a map in one of his stickies

Does anybody remember how the soft openings for AK worked when Avatar opened? We are going to be there the 12-19 of June and that seems to be fairly decent timing for a DVC soft opening. I know they sent out emails to schedule DVC members on different days and you had to book a spot, but were those options available every day for a week? Or just on select days during a couple of week window? How many days did members have to choose from? Our FP day opens on next Friday and i was just hoping to have all our days nailed down by that point but didn't know if i might have to totally switch everything (ADRs and FPs) around to different days if they only offer a soft opening on one day of our trip.....

If I remember correctly I believe previews were for a 1 week period. You chose one day and one time slot. DVC had the earliest timeslot, then AP's had 3 timeslots to choose from. I believe DVC started at either 8 or 9am

If they do have previews then it will be announced probably beginning of May. Our preview was 8 days before grand opening. And we signed up for our AP preview about 1-2 weeks prior to the preview

If they just do random soft openings, which I doubt, then you can't plan around that or anticipate

If I remember correctly I believe previews were for a 1 week period. You chose one day and one time slot. DVC had the earliest timeslot, then AP's had 3 timeslots to choose from. I believe DVC started at either 8 or 9am

If they do have previews then it will be announced probably beginning of May. Our preview was 8 days before grand opening. And we signed up for our AP preview about 1-2 weeks prior to the preview

If they just do random soft openings, which I doubt, then you can't plan around that or anticipate

Yeah, since it seemed like soft opening with scheduled time worked pretty well for avatar, I am hoping they gobthat route again. It would be nice to know, though, so we could make some kind of plan but hey, then it wouldn’t be Disney.

Arrive early. Usually ride CM's will show up and walk everyone to each ride. So if you want to go to Toy Story you follow the Toy Story CM, ToT you follow the ToT CM's.

If they don't have the CM's out and you maneuver on your own, then you'll want to walk straight towards the Chinese theater, turn slight right at the Chinese theater and you'll see stairs and a wheelchair ramp.. Take either and then go left on the walkway. From there it's a straight shot and Toy Story Mania will be on your right.

I'm sure Robo has a map in one of his stickies

Thank you! What does "Arrive early" mean in the context of an 8am EMH? 7am? 7:30am? We have a kid who gets up at 5am here at home, which is 4am Florida time... something tells me we can be there early. Ha.

The soft openings I've experienced were always the week before opening. But that was for a ride, not a whole new land.

What are the chances of signing up for Jedi Training and still making it to Tory Story Mania without a crazy wait at Rope Drop at the end of April? I have been looking for ward to both and was a little disappointed when I heard this news about the ride being down to 1 track. :)

What are the chances of signing up for Jedi Training and still making it to Tory Story Mania without a crazy wait at Rope Drop at the end of April? I have been looking for ward to both and was a little disappointed when I heard this news about the ride being down to 1 track. :)
We're wondering the same thing. My guess is that we're going to have to do one or the other set rope drop. I've wondered if maybe we could do TSMM standby at the very end if the night without a fp allowing us to go sign up for Jedi training at rope drop.

I'm guessing not very good but I guess we'll find out soon. If anyone is trying to do JTA and TSM next week, we'd love to hear reports.

We're wondering the same thing. My guess is that we're going to have to do one or the other set rope drop. I've wondered if maybe we could do TSMM standby at the very end if the night without a fp allowing us to go sign up for Jedi training at rope drop.

I have heard that it is possible to sign up for Jedi Training prior to rope drop as you are allowed into the park far enough to sign up prior to "rope drop" -- which would mean we might be able to make it back to rope drop line in time to get on the ride fairly early. Hopefully we will know more soon considering this is going to be happening starting next week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter