3stepdivorce.com Any one know anything about it?

storybookstory

recovering from Affluenza...
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with using 3stepdivorce.com? I have a friend who is looking into it - she may be getting divorced, and it would be fairly amicable. This seems like a cheap alternative to a lawyer. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks -

SBS

My mother tried to go the route of doing it herself and wound up worse off. She ended up finding a cheap lawyer for $250. My brother and i are both over 18, and it was amicable so it wasn't hard, but it was too much paperwork for her to wade through to do herself.

I've heard it is a lot of paperwork and trips to the courthouse when you do it on your own because they might suggest some arbitrator meetings before it is finalized, my friend had to do this, when for $1000 for a lawyer would have saved her form taking the 5 days off from work which equaled more than the $1000.

If there are no hotly contested items or need for alimony or child support I don't see why it would cost too much for a lawyer to just draw up the papers and file them, that's really all someone who amicably wants to divorce would need.

Also, when it is uncontested and there are no kids involved, the lawyer usually only charges the paperwork fee. When my mom was looking at rates of different lawyers, the most expensive was only $750!

Yes this company is a SCAM!! I paid $85 via CC which I have been disputing for the past 3 months. They do NOT FILE nor provide any service whatsoever besides the basic paperwork that you can purchase at your local clerk of courts for less than $13.00. Please read full terms and conditions any do not enter any Personal information!! I didn't even make it to the end of the questioner before my card was charged! They do absolutely NOTHING but allow you to print the $13.00 documents (which still have to be notarized) for the low low price of $299.00. Please don't get ripped off like I did!!

Try a paralegal... my friend just got a divorce and they really did not have anything to split up, very amicable... so they used the same paralegal, 250.00 each she filed everything and explained everything, they showed up at the courthouse meet with the arbitrator, for like 10 minutes, he asked them some questions made sure that the both understood the paperwork, then he told them he would send the papers over to the judge to be looked at if he did not see any problem the judge would sign it and it was all done.

Try a paralegal... my friend just got a divorce and they really did not have anything to split up, very amicable... so they used the same paralegal, 250.00 each she filed everything and explained everything, they showed up at the courthouse meet with the arbitrator, for like 10 minutes, he asked them some questions made sure that the both understood the paperwork, then he told them he would send the papers over to the judge to be looked at if he did not see any problem the judge would sign it and it was all done.

I would be careful with a paralegal, since these types of activities might be consider the unauthorized practice of law. Outside of pro-se representation, legal representation must come from a licensed attorney. Make sure a paralegal is acting under the authority and supervision of a licensed attorney. Activities such as meeting with an arbitrator and completing legal forms seems out of scope for a paralegal without direct attorney supervision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter