3rd of May here I come!- how does this plan/itinerary look?

PrincessIndia

20, Brit
Hi Guys, on an adult only trip to Disney with my mum in May. We both adore Disney and are both well over the 'child' age bracket obviously. I am a little more Disney crazed/obsessed than her so we are staying off site in Kissimme. I have done loads of research on blogs and this lovely forum, now just wanting to make sure I have not made any total errors. :) Heres a bit of an itinerary.

Travellers- India 18, Marguerite 58.

3rd of May; flying from Manchester to Orlando- arrive 3pm

4th of May; lie in and hotel breakfast, getting 11.45 coach to hollywood studios returning at 9.35

5th of May; 9am to MK, 1pm lunch at be our guest ADR

6th of May; character breakfast followed by hanging out at the grand floridian resort, cycling and looking round possibly followed by mini golf then heading to mk for wishes

7th of May; Epcot all day for Flower and Garden

8th of May;Shopping on Idrive then heading to Epcot for Illuminations

9th of May; AK

10th of May; Hollywood studios and adr booking ; fantasmic dining

11th of May; Typhoon Lagoon and Disney springs; 4pm booking at TREX

12th of May; MK then dinner at Trails end

13th of May; Shopping then Hotel dinner and Pool

14th of May; AK

15th of May; Blizzard Beach and Epcot

16th of May; MK

17th of May Disney springs and cinema

18th of May Clearwater beach day trip booked

19th of May fly home at 2pm - possibly get another character meal AM.

What would you change? We want to do everything but I have tried to plan it so my Mum does not get too tired etc ie; I would be happy in the parks from rope drop to wishes every day but she would DIE!

;) THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP, LOVE YOU ALL! X

I think you are a little light on your time at Epcot.

I agree. I would cut down heavily on shopping for more EPCOT time. But then I find shopping interminably boring and a total waste of time.

Hi Guys, on an adult only trip to Disney with my mum in May. We both adore Disney and are both well over the 'child' age bracket obviously. I am a little more Disney crazed/obsessed than her so we are staying off site in Kissimme. I have done loads of research on blogs and this lovely forum, now just wanting to make sure I have not made any total errors. :) Heres a bit of an itinerary.

Travellers- India 18, Marguerite 58.

3rd of May; flying from Manchester to Orlando- arrive 3pm

4th of May; lie in and hotel breakfast, getting 11.45 coach to hollywood studios returning at 9.35

5th of May; 9am to MK, 1pm lunch at be our guest ADR

6th of May; character breakfast followed by hanging out at the grand floridian resort, cycling and looking round possibly followed by mini golf then heading to mk for wishes

7th of May; Epcot all day for Flower and Garden

8th of May;Shopping on Idrive then heading to Epcot for Illuminations

9th of May; AK

10th of May; Hollywood studios and adr booking ; fantasmic dining

11th of May; Typhoon Lagoon and Disney springs; 4pm booking at TREX

12th of May; MK then dinner at Trails end

13th of May; Shopping then Hotel dinner and Pool

14th of May; AK

15th of May; Blizzard Beach and Epcot

16th of May; MK

17th of May Disney springs and cinema

18th of May Clearwater beach day trip booked

19th of May fly home at 2pm - possibly get another character meal AM.

What would you change? We want to do everything but I have tried to plan it so my Mum does not get too tired etc ie; I would be happy in the parks from rope drop to wishes every day but she would DIE!

;) THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP, LOVE YOU ALL! X
Instead of the Cinema on the 17th, because you can go to a movie any time back home, get tickets for Cirque Du Soleil La Nuba at Disney Springs. It's an Amazing Show!

It looks like your energy level and your Mum's are very different. To keep both of you happy, you could plan to do some things on your own while she is resting at the hotel. If you do everything together, either you end up bored when she is resting, or she ends up tired going around with you more than she can handle. So I think you should do all the things with her that she has the energy to do, but when she is tired and you are energetic, use those times to do things on your own.

I agree with the previous poster that going to the cinema would not be a good use of your time, since you could do that back home.

The beach day trip sounds nice.

It looks like your energy level and your Mum's are very different. To keep both of you happy, you could plan to do some things on your own while she is resting at the hotel. If you do everything together, either you end up bored when she is resting, or she ends up tired going around with you more than she can handle. So I think you should do all the things with her that she has the energy to do, but when she is tired and you are energetic, use those times to do things on your own.

I agree with the previous poster that going to the cinema would not be a good use of your time, since you could do that back home.

I would do less shopping and I would probably choose different restaurants, but those are personal preferences, and your choices may fit you very well.

The beach day trip sounds nice.

universal is nice too and they have 2 parks.
You have movie theatres back home so that is one idea.
One other thought- you have 2 waterpark days plus a beach day. Hope you take a lot of sunscreen as the FL sun is a lot stronger than what you are used to back home. The waterparks are different but somewhat similar.
You could get 2 Uinversal days- one for each park if you cut out the movie day and if you think that limiting your sun exposure might be a good idea and knocking out one of the 2 water parks. You can catch movies on your plane ride?

If you're looking for non-park things to do that are relaxing and still interesting and fun, have you considered visiting some of the other Deluxe resorts? You might also consider keeping a couple of the days near the end of your trip fairly unplanned in case you find things earlier in the trip you really want to re-visit, etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter