3rd New Triton Class Ship in 2025?

I do feel the classics will be retired in the next 5 years or so but I'm hoping I can get on both of them before they get retired. LOL
We actually had a conversation with one of the officers on our recent Dream Cruise where this came up. He said DCL has no plans to get rid of the Magic or the Wonder. He brought up the recent dry dock of the Magic where they invested in an electrical system to plug in while in port. He said DCL is very aware of how many people love the classics.

We actually had a conversation with one of the officers on our recent Dream Cruise where this came up. He said DCL has no plans to get rid of the Magic or the Wonder. He brought up the recent dry dock of the Magic where they invested in an electrical system to plug in while in port. He said DCL is very aware of how many people love the classics.

Perhaps he's right but I just don't see them needing 8 ships

Perhaps he's right but I just don't see them needing 8 ships
Back in the beginning of DCL I worked for a travel agency and DCL had come in to give a talk about their product. They emphasized that the long term vision of DCL was to have a fleet of 10 ships. Whether that will change along the way who knows but that's what their long term goal was in the beginning.

MJ

Bring in the 3rd then retire the classics
NEVER!!! o_Oo_O Such talk is High Treason!🚨👮‍♂️

Someone make him walk the plank! pirate:

Or take away his Mickey Bars.:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar ...or something.:earboy2:

Tell you what. We'll make the atrium stature in Triton #3 a Pirate Goofy. Not just regular Goofy, because your avatar is a good one.

I will say that I like the layout on the Dream and Fantasy by far, but I like the smaller size of the Magic and Wonder for the farther flung, more adventurous itineraries. Alaska, Greek Islands, Northern Europe, etc.

It feels more intimate and more like an adventure on the Classics. I just hope that when they have reached the end of their service life and are forced into retirement, they get replaced with another set that are on the smaller size. Magic II and Wonder II.

Last edited:
There are those that feel It’s A Small World or Dumbo ride could be done away with and replace with newer rides. But the lines still remain. But I’d like to see them stay forever.
The classics still can still sell out. I hope they let those who prefer the new gimmicks continue to seek out the next new ships.

Maybe use the classics to see a few ports not available to larger ships. Let the 30 something crowd enjoy the ships they played on as a child with their own children now.
If it were my choice I’d let the Fantasy be sold first. And keep building the fleet with new for those who enjoy constant changes.

Personally, I really like the two classic ships. There aren't quite as many amenities, but the ratio of amenities to people is preferable. It's a more intimate setting, you get to recognize the other guests and crew, and it's easier to navigate the ship.

That said, I think it's unrealistic to presume they'll sail FOREVER. In a meeting with a senior staff member on a recent cruise, they suggested that it really comes down to the plumbing more than anything else. If there were a need for a significant plumbing overhaul, the cost in drydock would outweigh the value returned from the repairs.

Long story short - if you haven't been on the Magic or the Wonder, you might want to prioritize them.

Personally, I really like the two classic ships. There aren't quite as many amenities, but the ratio of amenities to people is preferable. It's a more intimate setting, you get to recognize the other guests and crew, and it's easier to navigate the ship.

That said, I think it's unrealistic to presume they'll sail FOREVER. In a meeting with a senior staff member on a recent cruise, they suggested that it really comes down to the plumbing more than anything else. If there were a need for a significant plumbing overhaul, the cost in drydock would outweigh the value returned from the repairs.

Long story short - if you haven't been on the Magic or the Wonder, you might want to prioritize them.
Regardless of love for these ships, like a plane, they have a lifespan. And they’re getting there. 25 years is close to 30 and other lines start saying goodbye around 30.

There are those that feel It’s A Small World or Dumbo ride could be done away with and replace with newer rides. But the lines still remain. But I’d like to see them stay forever.
The classics still can still sell out. I hope they let those who prefer the new gimmicks continue to seek out the next new ships.

Maybe use the classics to see a few ports not available to larger ships. Let the 30 something crowd enjoy the ships they played on as a child with their own children now.
If it were my choice I’d let the Fantasy be sold first. And keep building the fleet with new for those who enjoy constant changes.
Why would you sell the Fantasy first?? It’s the most popular ship

Why would you sell the Fantasy first?? It’s the most popular ship
Thought that was the one that had the vibration issues that don’t seem to be corrected? Maybe it’s another? It was so humid on that ship too.
I also was so bored on the Fantasy when they dropped 75% the adult activities because our cruise was the last cruise that allowed unvaccinated kids. We were nearly sold out in 3 weeks once that announcement was made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter