3rd choice time (Dec)

dee slack

DIS Veteran
OK, so I've got around 3 weeks before my 8 months out (for our VR) and I'm getting prepared for not getting my first choice in the 'lottery':sad1:
We have requested 2:30 on Tues 11th Dec, and I will ask for 2:30 on Thurs 13th Dec if I don't get my first choice. BUT...if I don't get either of those, then I need a 3rd choice ('just in case':eek: ) so it will have to be a different time - either noon or 5pm.
My plan for 2:30 is as follows, so trying to stick with this as much as poss - would you suggest noon or 5pm as the alternative time?
Also, is there anything in this plan that wouldn't work?
Thanks in advance!

2pm - both leave AKL for wedding pavilion
2:30 - ceremony, then photo's around WP, then cake/champagne at GF
3:45 - more photo's, around GF and the beach area
4:45 - ????
5:45 - head over to GF marina area ready for Wishes photo's (we're having Randy come for an extra hour for this - thanks to Summer Caitlin for that idea) (It's a MVMCP night so Wishes is early that night!)
6:45 - head back to GF
7:00 - dinner at 1900 Park Fare
8:30 - head back to GF marina for MVMCP cruise for 9:30 fireworks show

Congrats on your plans which is very very like mine. We are about 2-3 weeks out on being able to book as well, we are hoping for 2.30pm at the wedding pavilion on the 18th December and we are also staying at AKL lol, freaky huh!

Are you as stressed out as me!! I think its not being able to book until 8 months in advance that does it but in the meantime everything else is booked around that time. Like you, I am not sure what other time I would like if the 2.30 is taken.

I love your idea on hiring Randy to do an extra photo shoot for Wishes. Do you know if Wishes is early on the 18th as well?

Our ceremony is at 2:30pm, we are having a couple of hours of photos after at Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, then dinner at 6:30pm, Wishes is at 9pm that night so we will watch that from the beach at the Poly afterwards. We had originally booked our ceremony for 5pm and when i booked Randy he said because of daylight we would have to have photos before the ceremony, so i dont know if that might be an option for you if you can't get 2:30pm. We changed our time because we didnt want to see each other before the ceremony, but if 2:30pm hadn't been available i would have stuck with 5pm.
Also you might want to leave AKL a little earlier than 2pm, my planning kit says the groom needs to arrive 30 minute before the ceremony, dont know if thats the same for a VR

Dee I have just realised you are the lovely lady I spoke to on another website about weddings back in January lol. My memory is awful these days.

I love your idea on hiring Randy to do an extra photo shoot for Wishes. Do you know if Wishes is early on the 18th as well?

Wow - quite freaky we do have a lot of similar choices! Yeah, it's really winding me up having to wait so late - I'm getting tired of explaining to our families that we STILL don't know for sure, so they won't book their flights..........

Anyway, according to this list, Wishes is on early 18th for MVMCP
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/events.htm so you could do this too!

Our ceremony is at 2:30pm, we are having a couple of hours of photos after at Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, then dinner at 6:30pm, Wishes is at 9pm that night so we will watch that from the beach at the Poly afterwards. We had originally booked our ceremony for 5pm and when i booked Randy he said because of daylight we would have to have photos before the ceremony, so i dont know if that might be an option for you if you can't get 2:30pm. We changed our time because we didnt want to see each other before the ceremony, but if 2:30pm hadn't been available i would have stuck with 5pm.
Also you might want to leave AKL a little earlier than 2pm, my planning kit says the groom needs to arrive 30 minute before the ceremony, dont know if thats the same for a VR

If we did 5pm, do you think we'd be able to get some photo's with Wishes in the background (6pm) , then go for the cake/champage, or do they make you go straight to the cake cutting from the ceremony as it's dark?

Otherwise, if we had noon, what could we / our guests do between cake & champagne and dinner (7pm) other than back to our rooms for a few hours?

Ooh, dilema!!!!

Dee I have just realised you are the lovely lady I spoke to on another website about weddings back in January lol. My memory is awful these days.

you're not alone - I 'speak' with so many great people on here, and have so much info from them that sometimes my head just spins - in a nice way of course! Isn't it great to have such a network of friendly, helpful people:goodvibes

Wow - quite freaky we do have a lot of similar choices! Yeah, it's really winding me up having to wait so late - I'm getting tired of explaining to our families that we STILL don't know for sure, so they won't book their flights..........

Anyway, according to this list, Wishes is on early 18th for MVMCP
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/events.htm so you could do this too!

Hi again Dee, I could only see the dates for 2006 in there, and I missing the 2007 dates completely. Maybe I just have my blonde head on today lol.

I have spoken to DF about this though and he agees that it is a great idea if dates and times work out okay.

Tough Choice!!

If you go for the 5pm you could take most of your wedding pics before the actual ceremony. Then have the ceremony at 5pm and then have the wishes photos. Prehaps you could ask your planner if you could have your cake/champagne reception out on the marina?? Then you could just head straight to dinner? then on to the cruise afterwards?

What were you planning on doing with the guests whilst your taking pictures? Were they going back to their rooms? Would it be possible to have a slightly earlier dinner and then maybe get a slightly longer cruise?

What were you planning on doing with the guests whilst your taking pictures? Were they going back to their rooms?

They are staying in a villa somewhere (wherever they can get as they won't book anything until we have our date confirmed!) so they won't be going back in between - I guess knowing them they'll be looking for a bar:rolleyes1

If we did have pic's before (while it's still light), I guess we'd be restricted where we could go as the 2:30 bride would have preference wouldn't she, as Disney don't like brides 'colliding'!

well, we didn't get our first choice date/time as apparently a Wishes wedding got that. So now I have to wait until tomorrow to call again for our 2nd choice (still 2:30, but 2 days later). Doreen said that so far, no one else had shown interest in that so fingers crossed I get it. If I don't, I'm still totally undecided between noon and 5pm - any suggestions what we could do with the guests for a couple of hours, around the GF area?

undecided between noon and 5pm - any suggestions what we could do with the guests for a couple of hours, around the GF area?

So sorry you didnt get your 1st choice - I hate the politics, intimate brides put just as much effort and worry into their events.

Anyway just thought (although dont know about costs or anything) why not have some afternoon tea at the GF cafe if you wont be eating till 7 it might be nice to break the day up with a little something, or there is a bar in GF sorry cant remember what it is called beside V and A's it lovely and quite intimate dont know when it opens though, or depends on what your party is like but why not go play mini golf at winter/summerland - you would need to get everyone there though - everyone would think you were mad :rotfl2: going all dressed up :bride: but think of all the congratulations you would get:cheer2: , might be too hot for that though.

So sorry you didnt get your 1st choice - I hate the politics, intimate brides put just as much effort and worry into their events.

Anyway just thought (although dont know about costs or anything) why not have some afternoon tea at the GF cafe if you wont be eating till 7 it might be nice to break the day up with a little something, or there is a bar in GF sorry cant remember what it is called beside V and A's it lovely and quite intimate dont know when it opens though, or depends on what your party is like but why not go play mini golf at winter/summerland - you would need to get everyone there though - everyone would think you were mad :rotfl2: going all dressed up :bride: but think of all the congratulations you would get:cheer2: , might be too hot for that though.

I guess I can understand why that happens, as Intimates generally spend a lot less than a Custom.
You've got some great ideas, I like the idea of 'afternoon tea' - do they do anything a little bit more 'special' at GF or in that area?
Does anyone know what time the bar opens at GF?
Not sure about the golf, altho' it would certainly get us attention:rotfl: Doubt it will be too hot in Dec - knowing my luck it will be cold, dull and rainy!!

well, we didn't get our first choice date/time as apparently a Wishes wedding got that. So now I have to wait until tomorrow to call again for our 2nd choice (still 2:30, but 2 days later). Doreen said that so far, no one else had shown interest in that so fingers crossed I get it. If I don't, I'm still totally undecided between noon and 5pm - any suggestions what we could do with the guests for a couple of hours, around the GF area?

I am so sorry Dee, I know how much you wanted that time and date. I think I would go for the 5pm time and maybe as was said before have an afternoon tea, I have heard the cream teas in the GF are very lovely.

You have got me a bit worried now. I am due to book mine on Wednesday and my date is pretty rigid as we have booked everything around it.

Fingers crossed for you and me both Dee, sending some pixie dust. xoxo

this time tomorrow I should know what we've got - I just hope no one else has put down for the 13th since yesterday.
I'm starting to get that nervous tummy feeling already - it seems so stupid being :scared: to phone! When I called yesterday, it was just 1 min after Doreen started work, and I got her answer machine so I left a message for her to call me. Well, I waited 30 mins (which felt like days:rolleyes:) and I started to panic so I called her again and left another message!! Hope I get straight thru' to her tomorrow - I can't stand the waiting around for her to call me back:rolleyes1

Hope you get your first choice pixiedust: please let me know how you get on, and I'll post tomorrow with either good :) or bad news :sad2:

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you Dee, I'm sprinkling pixie dust everywhere for ya!! :tinker:

this time tomorrow I should know what we've got - I just hope no one else has put down for the 13th since yesterday.
I'm starting to get that nervous tummy feeling already - it seems so stupid being :scared: to phone! When I called yesterday, it was just 1 min after Doreen started work, and I got her answer machine so I left a message for her to call me. Well, I waited 30 mins (which felt like days:rolleyes:) and I started to panic so I called her again and left another message!! Hope I get straight thru' to her tomorrow - I can't stand the waiting around for her to call me back:rolleyes1

Hope you get your first choice pixiedust: please let me know how you get on, and I'll post tomorrow with either good :) or bad news :sad2:

Its like waiting on the dentist calling your name isn't it lol! Yeah they don't seem so quick to call you back at all do they. I have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you hun.

I still don't think its fair that custom weddings get first choice over intimates, we all pay the same kind of money at the end of the day even although one is maybe $10,000 more than the other.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow Dee, let us know how you get on. :tinker:

we got our 2nd choice:banana: So we are definately having Thursday Dec 13th, 2:30 at the pavilion:cheer2: Boy am I glad the waiting game is over:rolleyes1

we got our 2nd choice:banana: So we are definately having Thursday Dec 13th, 2:30 at the pavilion:cheer2: Boy am I glad the waiting game is over:rolleyes1

I am so pleased for you Dee :thumbsup2 . Does this mean you need to phone everyone around and change your bookings now? :scared:

I am so pleased for you Dee :thumbsup2 . Does this mean you need to phone everyone around and change your bookings now? :scared:

I'm just so relieved I got the 2:30 slot.
I emailed Randy straight away to let him know he can let the 11th go (he saved both dates for me as we paid double deposit) so really that's the main thing. I'm gonna email a magic moment to see if they still have the 13th available (they had both dates free a few weeks ago) and I can now let the family know to book their flights, so not too bad really. Just noticed the contract and info from DFTW has just dropped into my email so guess what I'll be doing tonight?!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter