I would give it a couple weeks before getting concerned. It takes a little time for things to make their way from the resorts to the central lost and found. It has only been three days. I have read posts where people have reported items missing, but instead of getting a call, the item is sent to them and shows up unannounced at their home.

However, there is always the possibility that you won’t get it back. Of course, it is always possible that housekeeping took it (a friend of mine forgot to put jewelry in the safe before going to the pool, and it was gone when she returned to the room). It is also possible that housekeeping didn’t see it and the next guest to check into that room took it. It’s possible it could get lost somewhere in the process of moving from the resort to the main lost and found without anyone stealing it. I can’t tell you how many valuables I have found in the parks and the resorts, and when I am handing it over to a CM I often wonder if it will make it back to the person who lost it.

I hope you hear back from them soon.

Give them a little more time, but I agree that its possible that it could have been overlooked by housekeeping and maybe next guest kept it, especially if it was in a drawer. We had a villa once where when I opened the drawer in the bedroom to unpack there was an unopened ostomy bag in it. Another time we found a magic band in a drawer. They clearly dont always check the drawers.

My grandson left his phone on a bench at a resort bus stop. We filed a report the same day. It finally showed up 6 weeks later. A few days is not near long enough and I wouldn’t jump to the conclusion a CM took it regardless. There are too many other options to ever really know what happened.

When my phone fell out of my pocket at a bench at Epcot, I was told by a CM that it can take up to 72 hours for anything to be found and end up at Lost and Found. Luckily for me, the girls that had been sitting at the bench with me had turned it into a CM so when I made my way to L&F it was already there.

Confused why a Disboards Veteran member Denise W is laughing because he lost his Kindle? Yes, of course. I will continue to wait. I just wondered what the process was... now I understand there is a central Lost and Found etc. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter