• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

365 Days of Disney?! Right now?! I'm Going to Need More Coffee.

Thank you! I'm 7 weeks as of last Saturday. It's a little nerve-wracking with it being so early, but I'm hoping everything goes well. Thank you for the advice! :)
Congratulations, we were there 3 years ago in August when our daughter was 7 months pregnant in 114 degree humidity. I have to hand it to all pregnant women who bear the heat and miss the option of taking in everything that WDW has to offer.

Congratulations, we were there 3 years ago in August when our daughter was 7 months pregnant in 114 degree humidity. I have to hand it to all pregnant women who bear the heat and miss the option of taking in everything that WDW has to offer.

Thank you!

I've learned my lesson with the extremely hot days. I told Sean that we're gonna wait until at least after 5pm to go to the parks, if it's not raining. 5 isn't much better, but at least the sun is setting!

Day 14, Saturday, August 5th

Has it been two weeks already? If I'm not mistaken, we've done Disney 11 out of 14 days, with one trip to Disney Springs. So 12 days of Disney, so far! By this point, I can tell I'm much more conditioned and toned, and my clothes are somewhat baggier. I assume it's the toning up because I sure haven't been dieting, lol!

Saturday we wanted to make rope drop, but we also wanted to sleep. We missed rope drop by about 30 minutes, but that's ok. After arriving at the TTC, we headed for the ferry and boarded for our trip to the Magic Kingdom. Our fast passes for the day were Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, and the Tomorrowland Speedway for the boys, and Journey of the Little Mermaid for me. Entering the park, we headed left at Casey's Corner toward Adventureland. I personally feel safe riding PotC. I'll reassess my decision as the weeks go by, but even with the drop, the ride isn't ordinarily bumpy or jerky. Of course, I'll refrain soon enough.
As of this day, we still haven't received any of our ride photos from this ride, and we ride it all of the time! (We received this particular photo the night of the 8th, finally.) I don't know where any of the others are. :worried:

After PotC, we headed toward the castle and Peter Pan. We had somewhat of a wait, as the FP queue was stopped right in front of us to let the standby queue through. Soon enough, though, we were off to Neverland! I even find this ride bumpy and jerky, but I don't want to get paranoid! After PP, we had a serious talk about food because we were STARVING. Of course me and Mittens (the baby) and the gang wanted Pecos Bills again, but I said no to the walk back over to Frontierland. It was HOT HOT HOT again, as usual. The sweat was real. I had to flat out refuse and we then agreed on Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland, since it was closest and we'd never been. Funny I say I've never been because during my college program I picked up some shifts there. I'd been, just never eaten there!

The only downside to Starlight Cafe was that they offered no discounts for AP holders, only Tables in Wonderland. Rats! But $45.00 later, our food was wonderful! I had the burger with bbq pork on top, and the boys had bacon cheeseburgers. Since I've found out

I'm pregnant, I've noticed I want burgers A LOT! I don't really have cravings at 7.5 weeks, but I've been enjoying beef, mostly seasoned, savory, and/or saucy. With B, if was tomatoes in every form, but this time around I could care less about tomatoes.

After lunch, we parted ways for our respective fast passes. I was definitely full, so I didn't mind riding Little Mermaid solo. I literally got one photo when the ride stopped for a few minutes. What's funny is that it's a completely irrelevant photo! If you didn't know, you'd never know what ride it was from. You could guess, I'm sure considering the rides with undersea themes. ::yes:: Lol, its such a bad photo!

IMAG1226_zpsfuarongo.JPG

Moving forward, after our rides, we both took it upon ourselves to meet each other at the exit to the others ride! Sean called me and asked where I was, I said I was outside the speedway! We laughed, and he told me to stay put and they'd meet me there. When we met up, we headed to Carousel of Progress.

Carousel of Progress is the same every time, but we try to sit in a different area of the theater to get a different perspective. I mean, what else can you do when you ride the same thing over and over again, lol? There was a glitch in the show, and we had to watch the first act twice. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing, but that's never happened to me before. The rest of the show went on as scheduled.

By this point, I was really tired. I was soaked with sweat, and parched, but we decided to park hop to Hollywood Studios because Sean snagged us a Toy Story Mania fast pass. We headed to the car and stopped by Speedway for water on our way to HS.

Going to HS was a huge mistake. I was cranky and even more exhausted by the time we arrived, but went in anyway since we were there. It wasn't fun, though. We made our way to TSM, rode the ride in almost silence, and walked out of the park that way. I was so done with the heat when we got back to the car. I know we should have called it quits at the MK. I see it in every exhausted parent at Disney, but I didn't follow my own advice!

Ladies and gentlemen, park hopping isn't worth it when you're exhausted and tired and are going to make your family hate you. :rotfl:

Sunday, Sean and I headed to Epcot for Soarin' and Biergarten. Stay tuned for the Epcot restroom report, and a historical rant against the America show in the world showcase!

Catching up to your amazing challenge. What a fun surprise to have a little mitten tagging along!

When my DH and I got married we waited nearly 10 months to take our honeymoon. We were going to Disneyland and wanted to include his daughter but needed to wait for summer break. I swore I wasn't going to go pregnant. You guessed it. The day before we left I found out I was pregnant. It was an awesome trip, with the exception of one Day in Universal. I had a hormonal meltdown due to the HUGE overcrowding and we left the park and I haven't been back to Universal since. That was 1993!

Best of luck and I look forward to your story. You should take a photo of your belly at least once a week to commemorate your mittens journey through the parks.

Catching up to your amazing challenge. What a fun surprise to have a little mitten tagging along!

Best of luck and I look forward to your story. You should take a photo of your belly at least once a week to commemorate your mittens journey through the parks.

Thank you! It would be fun to take a weekly photo at a favorite Disney landmark for the baby book!

Congratulations on your little mitten!

Thank you!

Following. Can't wait to see how you do this. I love Disney but I think a year of the food would kill me. LOL

I considered writing up another update tonight, but I'm exhausted. Luckily, I've been keeping a Disney Diary of sorts, and writing down everything about our park days right before bed, while it's fresh in my mind. That way I can draw from that and not have to rely on my pregnancy brain! I've been forgetting everything lately. Today I left my phone in a doctor's office bathroom and didn't realize until I got home. We had to run back to get it before we headed to Epcot today!

Sean had Thursday and Today off from work so we spent both days at the parks because B is back in school, and our park time is much less stressful when a certain little one isn't asking for a Mickey bar every 20 minutes. Honestly, since school has started, the parks are wonderful to visit during the day- minus the heat. Who doesn't enjoy not being run over by any strollers during her visit? This girl!

This weekend we have multiple fast passes for The Great Movie Ride, and hope to see Ellen's Energy Universe since it's the last weekend. Sean ordered our commemorative tees for both rides online because as of Thursday we couldn't find any in the parks. Epcot had the Ellen shirt today, but I'm not sure if Hollywood Studios got theirs.

I also want to say thank you to everyone, again, for all the baby well-wishes! I'm 8 weeks tomorrow, and am hoping the next 7 months go on without any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter