First, I loved the show and so did my 3-1/2 year old DS. Second and more important for the MGM show you DO NOT want to be too close...since it is an elevated stage (and setaing is the floor)your child will have a difficult time seeing Pip & Pop, Tutter and others as their angle of view will be cut down significantly.

The show really tries to get the kids in the audience to participate, singing, dancing in the aisles (for brief skits)etc. You can expect to see Jaime (guy or girl)(only human character in the show) Bear, Tutter, Pip & Pop, Ojo, Treelo, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Olie, Billy Bevel, Zoe, Stanley, Dennis and a few others.

It is a very nice story line, and I think it is definietly appropriate for children in the pre-school age group.

We saw the show last year and my DD, then 4 really liked it. They have confetti and bubbles that come out of the ceiling and the kids are encouraged to participate by making noises, calling out names and dancing. If your kids like Playhouse Disney, they will like this show.

We liked this version with all of the Playhouse Disney characters better than the one before. The kids seemed most excited to see Rolie Polie Olie and Pooh!

Our kids did enjoy this show and will do it again.

However, with that said... I can understand what you mean about the puppets that pop out of the floor. We were about halfway back and even *I* (slightly taller than my children ofcourse LOL) couldn't barely see them. It was especially hard when some of the children (particularly one) kept going up to the front standing there completely blocking our view of the puppets. :(

Ps. no Pooh when we saw it and no confetti (thank goodness... I didn't "miss" that. LOL) the bubbles were fun for the kids though. :)

We enjoyed it so well, my wife and I took our 2 sons twice!! My sons are 2 1/2 and 11 months old.

We always play the "What was your favorite part of vacation?" game on the drive home and Disney's Playhouse was the top of my wife's, SIL and my list.

I would take the chance. Good Luck.

This show was a big hit with my 22month old daughter in September. She loved the music, dancing, singing, characters and the bubbles. This is a must see for our upcoming trip in May. :D

My 2 year old liked it! He was not very familiar with a lot of the characters, as we don't have the Disney channel at home, but he had watched them at the resort & had a great time.

It's not as long as a show that you pay for, so even if you don't love it, it's worth trying. DS liked it way better than little mermaid! He was scared by parts of that.

For me, the worst part was having to sit on the floor! Oh, and the woman in front of us who kept getting up on her knees to video tape :(

I wanted to have our DS2 see the show when we were there in December. However, Mr. Sandman came to visit him even before the show started. I tried to wake him up but he was sound asleep. And, because I was in the middle and surrounded by people, I was forced to sit there with him on my lap throughout the show. I thought it would have been rude of me to get up and leave. I thought it was cute and had the best intentions of taking him back -- it just didn't happen because he got sick the next day.

We sat in the very back and we could see everything. My 3 y/o and 15 month old loved it! My 3 y/o danced non-stop. If your kids like Bear and the other Playhouse Disney "guys", this show is worth a try.

Yes, I thought it was. We took 2yo DS & he loved it. We had the confetti & bubbles. We were sitting on the floor (oww) about 1/2 way back and we saw things pretty clearly. Yes, the puppets (except Bear) came up out of the floor, but they were right at the edge of the stage.

If we had more time I would have gone back again!

When DS was almost 1 1/2, he loved it. It was really the only thing the whole trip he reacted to that positively. He was dancing, etc., and having a blast.

This year we went and he was 3 1/2. He asked to leave before it was over; of course we couldn't because we were sandwiched in. If you're in the front half of the room, it is very difficult to see Tutter and friends. Kids around us were having a good time, but DS has a hard time concentrating long enough for anything that has a slower pace.

I wouldn't mind skipping it just because my legs ALWAYS fall asleep. There are benches in the back, but the kids don't want to sit way in the back.

Give it a try, especially if you happen to be in the area.

Absolutely YES! Don't miss it! Your kids see the ads for it on the Disney Channel right? They are going to be looking forward to it and I think it was one of the best things we did at WDW! My DD5 just adored it. I took pics of her laughing. She was so enthralled. My DW and I cried because she was having so much fun! The bubbles, streamers, confettit! Every darn kid there sang the songs they all know so well from tv, it was just amazing. We will go back again this year to see this show again! Do not miss it! It rocks!

DH took our two boys,5&6, last year while I was at Regis and Kelly. They both really enjoyed it. Big Stanley fans. They got a big kick out of the mermaid show too. The only bad part was sitting on the floor, for the adult anyway!!!

My son loved this so much he thats all he wanted to do!!! He was 3 at the time. We were first in line, so we sat in the very first row, and it was hard to see the puppets coming out of the stage because we were so close, but he got to dance with the host (Jaimie I think his name was), so it worked out great!!

It is delightful! So well paced and entertaining! WDW has a real winner with this show.
My son and I saw it twice!

My 2 1/2 DD LOVES it. We have seen it 3 times. She loves all the singing and dancing. I love watching her. Go it will be fun.
P.S. ( all the singers a different at each show but they are all named Jamie) Have a great time:jester:

I have to agree with everyone who recommends the Playhouse Disney show. I would even go so far as to say that it is the only show in MGM that is virtually guaranteed to thrill a toddler. There are other shows that your child might enjoy but none are as exciting, cheerful and energetic as this one - not to mention totally non-threatening (i.e. no darkness, flashing lights or loud noises).

It is a bit of a pain, as some have mentioned, to have to sit on the floor, but, the show is only about 20 minutes long and you just get such a kick out of watching the kids have fun that it is worth it. It's funny, you'd think parents of small children would have no problem sitting on the floor for a bit, but they do tend to pack you in so it can be hard to change postion. All the same, still a show not to be missed.

I think it is worth seeing. Both of my children loved it. I enjoyed it too. We sat on the left had side towards the front, and we could see even when they popped out of the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter