30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Where is the holding area for Beetlejuice and Hill house? We are trying to do a few nights and want to start in different places. We have APs, so we are waiting to stay and scream.

Where is the holding area for Beetlejuice and Hill house? We are trying to do a few nights and want to start in different places. We have APs, so we are waiting to stay and scream.
The holding area for those two is the lagoon show viewing area - the entry point is by the crepe stand. This entry point also gets you to the Simpsons area (and the holding area for Scarey). Per reports, the area opens a little before 4pm and people are lining up to enter around 3:30-ish.

Newbie here, can anyone explain the difference between Scream Early and stay and scream?
Stay and Scream is basically the holding areas for people already in park with HHN tickets. Scream Early is a ticket which gets you in the park a couple hours before park close. So instead of buying a regular park ticket, you can get a scream early ticket get in the park later in day and then go into Stay and Scream holding pen with the other people. But you can’t use the scream early to get in the park at like 11 am like a regular ticket could.

The holding area for those two is the lagoon show viewing area - the entry point is by the crepe stand. This entry point also gets you to the Simpsons area (and the holding area for Scarey). Per reports, the area opens a little before 4pm and people are lining up to enter around 3:30-ish.
:scratchin
so, the lagoon show area (houses) is different than simpsons?

never have we entered a scare zone much earlier than when we were forced to 5 pmish.

:scratchin
so, the lagoon show area (houses) is different than simpsons?

never have we entered a scare zone much earlier than when we were forced to 5 pmish.
From my boots on the ground there this week: after you scan in at the entrance, the paths fork and are roped off from each other after the fork. The lower path to the left leads back to the Simpsons area and the upper paths on the right lead to the holding areas for Hill House and Beetlejuice (the hold area for Scarey is back in Simpsons across from the Kwik E Mart). You can move between the areas, but you’ll be behind the front of the pack (if that’s important) if you do. Those seem to be the two most popular houses this year, so that S&S is getting a lot of the crowds (unusual since in recent years it’s usually been Finnegans). Around 4pm, both sides of the Simpsons area are gated off - so food and drink there are only for Stay & Scream (a path down the middle of the street for day guests to get through, with a crossover point for the S&S folks). Per my friend, they entered after the gates opened, grabbed a drink in the Simpsons area and then backtracked to end of the line for Hill House when they released - it was around a 25-30 minute at the back (and maybe a little longer for Beetlejuice). The only reason to head in early is if anyone wants front of line (or a seat at the bar in Simpsons) - can’t say I’d line up that early, but I guess if someone only has one night. My friend did give one warning: that holding area for the houses doesn’t really have any shade or cover - if the sun is beating down or it starts to rain, that could be a miserable time if you choose to wait 60-90 minutes.

Wow! So really 3 holding areas. Interesting. Thanks for the detailed info. It's really helpful. I guess we will see how stuff goes mid-October when I get there.

Anyone do jacked up at CB yet? Stranger things was very well done

opens at 2pm for onsite guests. Wondering how the lines are building early on
It looks interesting - there were several YouTube videos on it - I think it is only for onsite guests - but it's a hassle to get over their IMO - I plan to so we will see - might be able to pull off a 2Pm one of the days.
They also rethemed the bar (Swizzle Stick?) to the Icons and that is open for everyone - want to check that out as well

but it's a hassle to get over their IMO
If you will have a car, they are allowing free parking @ CB at least.

otherwise, I’d Uber over then, walk that unauthorized walk across street to SF or grab the shuttle to parks

bar didn’t really impress us much last go-round, I’m sure others enjoyed it.

So are there "lines" within the holding areas for particular houses if it releases to more than one? If so, are they marked?

So are there "lines" within the holding areas for particular houses if it releases to more than one? If so, are they marked?
Yes - they segregate “lines” for houses. They’re typically clearly marked - although it can be a little chaotic. It’s not a narrow line but a wide area.

Edited to add: the lines narrow once released, but the holding pens generally are a mass of humanity (a good comparison is Disney rope drop). I typically follow up the rear than fight to be first.

Last edited:
Yes - they segregate “lines” for houses. They’re typically clearly marked - although it can be a little chaotic. It’s not a narrow line but a wide area.

Edited to add: the lines narrow once released, but the holding pens generally are a mass of humanity (a good comparison is Disney rope drop). I typically follow up the rear than fight to be first.

Thank you. I think I would probably rather follow up the rear as well. Sounds anxiety-inducing!

Another question ( I do apologize, I keep thinking of new things I don't know)
Can you get in line for the houses right up to closing, or do the cut the lines early?

If we get tickets for one night (Thursday) and really like it, can we upgrade to RoF? We are newbies, and not sure if we're going to love it enough to go several times. Don't want to waste money on RoF if we don't want to go back, but also don't want to waste money buying separate nights if we only buy the first night and can't apply that to an upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter