30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Oops, sorry about that, I guess because it was from another website. My bad there too, I thought it was okay. Should have known. Can just google.
It's fine if it shows up with ***. That means you followed the rules and listed a URL instead of naming a site or business. That's why it's always better to use a URL than just a name. Never know who is and is not banned.

Yeah - with all the issues they had with quick service over the summer it makes sense though

Be nice to have the option to grab stuff for lunch so we can try more things
Sure...the menus look like fun!

No...those are part of HHN and the event doesn't run during the day.
My bad, two of the food trucks have opened early during the day, as of this weekend. Google for a website that reviewed the two trucks food.
The norm is that the food booths for HHN are only open for HHN. However, it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest to see them open in the day time this year.. only because of how hard they've been pushing the food booths this past year. Even if it's just in a limited capacity for day guests.

Although there were two stands open this past weekend (both in the San Francisco area I believe), I don’t recall that either of them had any HHN-themed food or drinks on the menu. Other than signage with the HHN logo, colors and lettering, there was nothing HHN-related about them. All the other stands that did have the event-specific items were closed.

I got my email with the houses in the behind the screams tour and it said to meet at soundstage 18. Is that right inside the big arch near the entrance? Or somewhere else close to Studios?
the houses on my tour will be Puppet Theater, Wicked Growth, Welcome to SCarey, Icons, Hill House and Texas Chainsaw. Pretty happy with those

Edit: actually I looked on google earth and the former blue man building seems to be between Studios and Hardrock. Is there a walkway to it between those places?

Last edited:
I got my email with the houses in the behind the screams tour and it said to meet at soundstage 18. Is that right inside the big arch near the entrance? Or somewhere else close to Studios?
the houses on my tour will be Puppet Theater, Wicked Growth, Welcome to SCarey, Icons, Hill House and Texas Chainsaw. Pretty happy with those

Edit: actually I looked on google earth and the former blue man building seems to be between Studios and Hardrock. Is there a walkway to it between those places?
There is a walkway off the main sidewalk between them that would go back to the blueman group theater area. It's between hard rock and where rip ride rockit runs

At the parks now and thought I would ask you guys - we were looking at the HHN AP shirt this year that has Jack and says 25 years of Madness and Mayhem and lists multiple houses from different years. We were wondering what the 25 years mean, because this is the 30th HHN and as far as we could see, Jack has been around for 20 years. Was hoping you could help us solve the mystery. Thanks!
Can you tell me where this shirt was available? I want to pop over and get one. :)

The event hasn't even started and I'm already getting so much good info :) We are going in 2026 for my 50th, and I can't wait, I've wanted to go since I was in my 20s. My DSiL and DBiL will be joining us and it will be their first time not only at a Halloween event at a theme park (they've only done local events), but also Universal.

I already mapped out a tentative budget, based on what we spend on a normal Universal vacay, and this years HHN ticket prices. We're going to get rush of fear passes with express, and DSiL and I are going to do the behind the screams tour I can't wait to hear about everything, I'm so excited.

My father-in-law is from Chile. Still has most of his family there, mainly in Santiago. I have visited with my husband a couple of times, last time December before the pandemic but during their riots. Where are you from in Chile? Are you still living there?
Yes! I live in Santiago, in the Providencia neighborhood. I’m travelling from Chile this Sunday.

Yes! I live in Santiago, in the Providencia neighborhood. I’m travelling from Chile this Sunday.
I totally know where that is. My husband's Aunt used to live there. We visited their house on one trip. When his parents went back to live there, they lived in Las Condes. Safe travels. Hope you have a great HHN!

Family back from a quickie trip. Appears the set design so killer, going to return for their visit HHN experience. Interesting in that the chicken of the group finds the plexiglass to be an incentive to finally brave going.

PS it was d-e-a-d in the parks last weekend.
Tony, even with a mask on, and the plexiglass in the house, I still thought it was scary, and enjoyed seeing the scare actors even though they were behind the plexiglass. And when it’s dark, I forgot about wearing a mask, and seeing plexiglass.

And I’m fully vaccinated, but if I have to wear a mask and there’s plexiglass, I’m still going and will totally enjoy my time at HHN.
lynne agree with your sentiment. In general, the tent houses all suffer to a degree in the daylight, plexiglass seemed to pick up the daylight I’m sure they will have more time to adjust the lighting this year. However, i do venture we are both rather ‘easy’ on the scareactor startle scale. LOL
Although there were two stands open this past weekend (both in the San Francisco area I believe), I don’t recall that either of them had any HHN-themed food or drinks on the menu. Other than signage with the HHN logo, colors and lettering, there was nothing HHN-related about them. All the other stands that did have the event-specific items were closed.
those stands in July were still selling the stuff from Mardi Gras.

Well to be fair, Keisha, by the time I went to those houses last year, I was the only one that entered the house and had no one behind or in front of me. And I can be a little scared. Plus, I’m not fond of pitch black, as my eyes take awhile to adjust. But I’m so looking forward to seeing all the houses.

And thanks to a look at Shades’ ticket prices, many HHN dates in September are discounted. I already have my BOGO from last year, and I intend to use one of those tickets on a Saturday, which military ticket not offered that date. But is a good deal if works for those can use an ITT office.

Well to be fair, Keisha, by the time I went to those houses last year, I was the only one that entered the house and had no one behind or in front of me. And I can be a little scared. Plus, I’m not fond of pitch black, as my eyes take awhile to adjust. But I’m so looking forward to seeing all the houses.
I know what you mean...I don't enjoy being the only one in the immediate area and not knowing which way to go. I even got lost in of the tent houses a new years ago...I felt like an idiot! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter