30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Debating 3 vs6 daytime house tour. Did 3 in 2019 and was wiped for HHN that night (although we’d done 3 days ina row at that point). Yay for rest of houses!
37 days til our first day!
I would love to do the 6 house. I did the 3 in 2019, However, this is my husband’s first year for HHN, and my son’s first house tour. I think they will be wiped and probably wouldn’t have the stamina. So we are just going to do the 3.

So Finnegan’s is full for dinner (only early lunch available). I have a reservation at Lombard’s at 3:45. My priority is Hill House. Will this work? What holding area do I want to be in?

p.s. - we have APs and an HHN ticket for that night.

So Finnegan’s is full for dinner (only early lunch available). I have a reservation at Lombard’s at 3:45. My priority is Hill House. Will this work? What holding area do I want to be in?

p.s. - we have APs and an HHN ticket for that night.

Finnegan's isn't taking reservations now after lunch time during HHN. I haven't looked at the map. Where is Hill House located?

EDIT: I took a look at the spec map. Hill House is in the kid area near Springfield, so you will want to wait in that Stay n Scream (SAS) area. Lombard's is closer to that than Finnegan's, so it's probably a good choice. The SAS areas open at 4pm.

EDIT2: How did you get ressies for Lombard's? There wasn't an online link when I looked, even though I had made one previously for 2 weeks ago online.

Last edited:
You are able to appreciate alot of things in the houses during day tour that you will not see at night.
True. it also helps to have a great eye for photo compositions like you do
EDIT: I took a look at the spec map. Hill House is in the kid area near Springfield, so you will want to wait in that Stay n Scream (SAS) area. Lombard's is closer to that than Finnegan's, so it's probably a good choice. The SAS areas open at 4pm.
Will be interesting to see which (if any) of the houses are opened ‘early’ to those in the holding zones.

Will be interesting to see which (if any) of the houses are opened ‘early’ to those in the holding zones.
That's true. it's not guaranteed, but generally, they have.

@vinotinto Be sure to check back after opening, because that area tended to open later, like 30 minutes after official opening, in 2019. However, since that will probably be a popular house, they will probably open it early. Also, the spec map could be wrong but rarely is.

Finnegan's isn't taking reservations now after lunch time during HHN. I haven't looked at the map. Where is Hill House located?

EDIT2: How did you get ressies for Lombard's? There wasn't an online link when I looked, even though I had made one previously for 2 weeks ago online.
I booked using this link. I can’t remember if I found it in the Universal site or Google.

https://www.zomato.com/orlando/lombards-landing-seafood-grille-i-drive-universal/book

You are able to appreciate alot of things in the houses during day tour that you will not see at night.
So true - especially before 2019

2019 it seemed like many of the small things that used to be in the houses were now more in social media - in some ways that makes sense since no one will ever see much of it in the conga line through the house.

Still in previous years I found it really cool to see the crazy details like half finished emails on screens and letters on bodies etc...
Seemed like every house had numerous things the guide pointed out that you would never see except on the tour.

Still I am doing the 6 house and 3 house tour again this year and hoping they have gone back to lanyards instead of buttons - not a fan of the buttons.

Looking forward to the early event attendees sharing their experiences again this year.

Realistically, I expect a bit different experience in various regards. Knowing what new procedures (if any)will be very helpful
Yeah - also should be prepared for it to change. First weekend in September and last weekend in October could be totally different.

Even in the past Ive been multiple weekends in September and seen it change from week to week and then seen reports in October and things were very different.

I'm actually really curious to see if S&S zones are the same as they normally are.. There are pretty big props in the NY area where S&S usually is? But, i haven't physically been in the park so im just going off what i see on Twitter!

View attachment 596937

Search YouTube for videos. A few of the local YouTubers have videos of the scare zones decorations at USF. NY and San Francisco areas have some nice decorations, and one of the last videos had decorations going up in the Hollywood area.

Search YouTube for videos. A few of the local YouTubers have videos of the scare zones decorations at USF. NY and San Francisco areas have some nice decorations, and one of the last videos had decorations going up in the Hollywood area.
Yeah - there are quite a few people covering it on youtube fun to see how it progresses

I see they also have a limited to 100 or so deal where you can get your picture taken and a portrait created to be used in the Tribute Store
After HHN they will mail you the portrait - pretty cool if you are a local and can get there before it sells out
Its not cheap though - around $200+

Yeah - there are quite a few people covering it on youtube fun to see how it progresses

I see they also have a limited to 100 or so deal where you can get your picture taken and a portrait created to be used in the Tribute Store
After HHN they will mail you the portrait - pretty cool if you are a local and can get there before it sells out
Its not cheap though - around $200+

Yea, that’s pretty cool. I’d probably do it if I lived near USF. Unfortunately, I don’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter