30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

This is one of the lines for one of the houses in 2019.

The EP line that we were in was our longest of the night and it`s the sectioned off single line to the left of the picture. regular line here was 80 minutes, but according to folks in the line it was taking longer, but we were in within 20 minutes of joining the line.

Looking back at my TR for that year, Ghostbusters was a 65 minute line and it took us 10 minutes, the Yeti House was 60 minutes and we were a 5 minute wait.

This is early in September. But, most of our nights were the same.

It depends on your tolerance for lines in the heat. We just won`t wait an hour for anything, but many are happy to do so. So, for us, EP is priceless.

View attachment 588976
Thank you for confirming that I was right to get the EP! I’ve got 1 night, and 1 night only, for HHN and I want to see everything.

I’ve mentioned this in past HHNs threads, if you’ve purchased EP for HHNs, and are also waiting in the Stay and Scream holding area (if they have them this year), don’t use your EP on the first house (maybe even the second house) when you get released. Usually, the standby line for the first couple of houses are only 5 to 30 minutes. This way, you can revisit the house(s) later that night with the EP when the waits have increased to 40 minutes+. But you do need to exit the holding area as soon as it gets released for this to work.

Thank you for confirming that I was right to get the EP! I’ve got 1 night, and 1 night only, for HHN and I want to see everything.

Oh that is a good decision with one night.....with predicted crowds this year, you`ll be so happy you did!

I’ve mentioned this in past HHNs threads, if you’ve purchased EP for HHNs, and are also waiting in the Stay and Scream holding area (if they have them this year), don’t use your EP on the first house (maybe even the second house) when you get released. Usually, the standby line for the first couple of houses are only 5 to 30 minutes. This way, you can revisit the house(s) later that night with the EP when the waits have increased to 40 minutes+. But you do need to exit the holding area as soon as it gets released for this to work.

That is very good advice.

It`s years since we have done S&S, but that trick always worked well :thumbsup2

So we have park-to-park tickets for September 29, the day we are attending Halloween Horror, and plan on visiting either both parks or perhaps just one that day since it's going to be a long day with Halloween Horror. May spend some time midday relaxing at the resort, and when we head back to the park is there any advantage to being in Universal Studios earlier in the day (prior to Halloween Horror starting)?

Last edited:

A lot depends on the day you plan to go
Wednesday —it’s not necessary to wait inside the park but other days are

be in the park before it closes to the public at 5
Wait out the time inside the park

you will find a few houses will open early
Past years some opened 6 ish
Depends if all employees are set and ready for an early opening
Lines are good when houses first open
All keep pace of going thru the houses

once the gates are open to those waiting out side the gate, big rush for all to get in a house line

A lot depends on the day you plan to go
Wednesday —it’s not necessary to wait inside the park but other days are

be in the park before it closes to the public at 5
Wait out the time inside the park

you will find a few houses will open early
Past years some opened 6 ish
Depends if all employees are set and ready for an early opening
Lines are good when houses first open
All keep pace of going thru the houses

once the gates are open to those waiting out side the gate, big rush for all to get in a house line
Are rides open during the time the park closes to the public? Or should we just find a haunted house and get in line (assuming we can) until it opens?

When the park closes, rides close also
But those in line for the ride usually are allowed to continue

If this years hhn proceeds as past years, many will line up as soon as it is allowed

Peeps wait in holding sections until they are allowed to head to the houses

No idea if last sets ups will be the same
Past years, many waited in house lines when holding areas were released

Does the HHN express pass work for the rides during HHN? The pass is one use per house and ride (if you can use for rides), correct? Does it work for shows? So excited for this first time HHN experience. Also doing the 6 house tour that day
I don't remember shows being included but there's about 6 rides included that are a one use only - rip ride rockit, transformers, revenge of the mummy, the Simpsons (I think in 2019 it might have changed to the fast and furious ride), men in black and escape from gringotts. This is back from when I visited in 2017 so may have slightly changed.

STILL NO MULTI-NIGHT TICKET ANNOUNCEMENTS >:(>:(>:(

If the pre sales aren’t at the level UO expects, they could add specials for tickets later

Some years ago I bought tickets early due to the pricing it had
Weeks later a new ticket was announced

I win some years and then I lose out on other years

Only thing I am positive on is the bogo tickets from last year will be honored for 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter