30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

FYI. Travel agents cannot get the AP discount on private RIP Tours. I don’t know about other tours.

588473Heads Up!

We just received an email from Delta that our flight times have changed. Keep a close eye on those emails!

I imagine times will change again as we get closer to fall. Hopefully none will experience flight cancellations.

Our flights are for late October. Return & depart times have changed.

Last edited:
I decided to get us express passes since we only have one night there. I got the mobile tickets version of them. Do we just show that on our phone at each house to get into the express line? Is it good for shows too? It is our first horror nights so it is all new to us. We didn’t want to do RIP because my daughter (17) might be too scared to try a few or a lot of the houses lol.

I decided to get us express passes since we only have one night there. I got the mobile tickets version of them. Do we just show that on our phone at each house to get into the express line? Is it good for shows too? It is our first horror nights so it is all new to us. We didn’t want to do RIP because my daughter (17) might be too scared to try a few or a lot of the houses lol.
I’ve got one of those daughters too. At 15, she made it through 5 houses with Express. Now at 17 her big sister is coming and I think we will get through more, still doing express. If this year goes well, we will do a RIP tour next year. I did the express on my phone this time too, so we will see how it works. Last time I bought it day of and it was a paper ticket.

View attachment 588473Heads Up!

We just received an email from Delta that our flight times have changed. Keep a close eye on those emails!

I imagine times will change again as we get closer to fall. Hopefully none will experience flight cancellations.

Our flights are for late October. Return & depart times have changed.

We did also. They have us coming in earlier (okay with me) and departing later (okay also). As long as they don't cancel us...

We did also. They have us coming in earlier (okay with me) and departing later (okay also). As long as they don't cancel us...

Unfortunately we're arriving later 9:30pm which may end up hurting our PBR preferences, idk? :( Well at least I won't have to pull the boys out of their last class.
As for the departure, woohoo! I wanted 12:30 but it was more $$ Please don't change, please don't change! :poop:

Couple of questions. We are staying at Universal September 29-30 at Royal Pacific so will have the express pass. Thinking about getting tickets for HHN. Do we need a separate express pass for HHN? Are the rides open during HHN like they are at Disney and should I plan on doing the regular rides or is it more geared towards special Halloween stuff? I'm a big fan of horror movies (my wife not so much) and this seems like it will be really fun.

Couple of questions. We are staying at Universal September 29-30 at Royal Pacific so will have the express pass. Thinking about getting tickets for HHN. Do we need a separate express pass for HHN? Are the rides open during HHN like they are at Disney and should I plan on doing the regular rides or is it more geared towards special Halloween stuff? I'm a big fan of horror movies (my wife not so much) and this seems like it will be really fun.

Yes, you need a separate Express Pass for HHN. Your hotel EP is not valid.

Some rides open, but the focus is more on the houses and HHN stuff. It is an amazing event.

Yes, you need a separate Express Pass for HHN. Your hotel EP is not valid.

Some rides open, but the focus is more on the houses and HHN stuff. It is an amazing event.
Awesome, thanks! So is the express pass worth purchasing for HHN? It isn't that much more money (in light of everything else spent on a Disney/Universal vacation) but don't want to spend unnecessarily.

And a follow up question--what are the park hours and HHN hours? I'm having trouble finding that info on the Universal website.

Awesome, thanks! So is the express pass worth purchasing for HHN? It isn't that much more money (in light of everything else spent on a Disney/Universal vacation) but don't want to spend unnecessarily.
Since you're going on a Wednesday & Thursday it shouldnt be too awful, line wise. I would say if you're only going to the event one night, then definitely get the EP. If you have two nights, and don't mind waiting in a couple longer lines you could probably get away without it.

Since you're going on a Wednesday & Thursday it shouldnt be too awful, line wise. I would say if you're only going to the event one night, then definitely get the EP. If you have two nights, and don't mind waiting in a couple longer lines you could probably get away without it.
Thanks. What sort of line waits should I expect with the EP? Never been and just trying to get a sense of what to expect.

And a follow up question--what are the park hours and HHN hours? I'm having trouble finding that info on the Universal website.

I think this year all bets are off.

Last couple of years so called quiet nights have been crazy busy......we wouldn`t be without EP and we usually go for 8-10 nights on our visits.

I would say, yes it`s always worth it, especially this year, with it being cancelled last year, they are expecting this will be busy, no doubt.

Keisha has the HHN stff posted on the first page.....park hours will be usually having IOA open later on HHN nights, till 8 or 9pm. Studios will close at 5pm for non HHN guests on nights it`s on.

Last few years when houses have been over an hour, we have walked in within 10-15 minutes maximum. Sometimes less, depending on the house and time. Longest wait was around 20 minutes in 2019. We are usually there first 3 weeks of the event.

Park hours are listed on the UOR website.

ETA.....waits can be longer depending on the night and time of the event, but they are ALWAYS a lot less than the regular lines for houses......

Last edited:
I'm super-excited about this. We LOVE Halloween and I LOVE horror movies and we both LOVED Haunting of Hill House. Got tickets for the Disney Halloween party on September 24 but I feel like this is going to be much more fun.

I'm super-excited about this. We LOVE Halloween and I LOVE horror movies and we both LOVED Haunting of Hill House.

Part of my stay at UO is during the time you will be there
I don’t plan on buying express for the September hhn dates
Wednesday and Thursday are doable using the regular lines for hhn

October is a different story
I get the ep at that point

Have to give a huge big horror night Thank You to macraven for being such wonderful lady and helping my cousins find a private RIP tour to join in with.

I never do the tours, but mac is our resident expert on all things HHN/tours.......so my cousins who are American, wanted to do a Private tour........so they are over the moon to have one and thanks to mac they`ll be there, (I think) Sept Sunday 26th and are so excited for their first HHN!!

And they`re just about to have their first visit to RP this month too.....very excited to have been able to help them organise that trip too.

So thank you again mac......you were so helpful to them and they very much appreciated the time and phone calls to help sort it all out for them........ :hug:

cv16-L.jpg

This is one of the lines for one of the houses in 2019.

The EP line that we were in was our longest of the night and it`s the sectioned off single line to the left of the picture. regular line here was 80 minutes, but according to folks in the line it was taking longer, but we were in within 20 minutes of joining the line.

Looking back at my TR for that year, Ghostbusters was a 65 minute line and it took us 10 minutes, the Yeti House was 60 minutes and we were a 5 minute wait.

This is early in September. But, most of our nights were the same.

It depends on your tolerance for lines in the heat. We just won`t wait an hour for anything, but many are happy to do so. So, for us, EP is priceless.

This is one of the lines for one of the houses in 2019.

The EP line that we were in was our longest of the night and it`s the sectioned off single line to the left of the picture. regular line here was 80 minutes, but according to folks in the line it was taking longer, but we were in within 20 minutes of joining the line.

Looking back at my TR for that year, Ghostbusters was a 65 minute line and it took us 10 minutes, the Yeti House was 60 minutes and we were a 5 minute wait.

This is early in September. But, most of our nights were the same.

It depends on your tolerance for lines in the heat. We just won`t wait an hour for anything, but many are happy to do so. So, for us, EP is priceless.

View attachment 588976
Excellent info. I've got no patience for lines longer than 30 minutes, and since this is the only night we get to go we'd like to do as much as possible so glad I purchased the EPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter