• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

This is my first ever HHN and this is probably a stupid question, but:

The express pass ticket doesn't include admission, so that means I have to purchase a HHN single ticket admission ticket as well? I'm just double checking since the express pass is $120 for the day we want to go while a single ticket admission is $90. So if I wanted to go to HHN and skip the lines my total price for the experience would be $210?

That is correct.

Yes
If you want to do hhn, you need to buy the hhn ticket to enter the park

The express pass for hhn is an additional ticket which you would need to buy
It is valid for one use only per house/ ride

If you are already in the park during the day time, and the park is closing for hhn, you can stay if you have the hhn ticket

In the past, people have been able to wait in the park at holding areas that have hhn tickets

Nothing has been released yet if this pattern will be the same

That is correct.
Yes
If you want to do hhn, you need to buy the hhn ticket to enter the park

The express pass for hhn is an additional ticket which you would need to buy
It is valid for one use only per house/ ride

If you are already in the park during the day time, and the park is closing for hhn, you can stay if you have the hhn ticket

In the past, people have been able to wait in the park at holding areas that have hhn tickets

Nothing has been released yet if this pattern will be the same

Thanks so much for answering!

Catching up, yesterday was quite an interesting release date

Whether they will sell Multi day tix seems to be the million $ question
If they do offer AP discounts or BOGO after I purchase single night tickets, will I be able to change them?
In the past u could upgrade tix at the gate. BOGO had value of price paid
Normally the tours take anywhere from 4 hours or longer. It depends on the group. Usually your tour guide will ask the group. Some groups just want to do all the houses, other groups desire more time to linger and take breaks etc. We normally do the 7:00 RIP Tour and have been done just before midnight.
Our public tour few years ago
Was no more than 3.5 hours with a bar stop after every house
curious about the "Jack'd Up" experience, I need more details!
View attachment 583043
Stranger things was very well done. As I recall they opened it up after 3pm

did also ask about Rush of Fear or multi-day tickets and was told they have no information yet as to if they will happen. It was also emphasized on the call that the public tour is each maze once, and likely no rides this year. I know from prior experience rides had been included but the representative said they don't necessarily expect that this year.

Wasn’t aware public tours ever included more than one run thru on each house.

To clarify, it’s up on this year’s website that select rides TBD will be offered to all HHN5E1F2152-67AC-48C1-80AA-391116828AC8.jpeg

Rearranged our trip in September - Labor Day weekend. We booked the daytime lights on tour of 6 houses. We booked our first HHN that night (Sept 4). We have seasonal AP. Where can we activate our tickets for HHN? where do we do the same for the daytime tour? Where do tours begin? Also since our tour will end at 3 can we stay in the park for HHN or do we need to leave or purchase the stay and play thing. We changed our trip to arriving Friday evening around 9 at CBBR and having the tour 10-3 on Saturday with HHN on Saturday. Then we switch Sunday morning to Disney for their after hours party.

really looking forward to this year after the disappoint of the last year - ive had to cancel three trips.

So - I have an AP I will activate when I arrive - has anyone had luck getting refunds of purchased events after they activate the pass?
Planning to buy ROF if and when available but since my pass wont be active no discount.
Ill try anyway when I get there - Universal customer service is great - but just wonder if anyone tried in the past.

I caved and ended up purchasing the RIP tour for our night. I was originally going to just do the EP but knowing how bad my husband is at dealing with crowds and lines, I decided to just go for the tour. DD11 is SO excited to be going in the first place (she's my mini-me when it comes to all things Halloween and horror) so I'm thinking I might not tell her and just surprise her that night. She might end up being even more excited for it than I am!

Where do tours begin? Also since our tour will end at 3 can we stay in the park for HHN or do we need to leave or purchase the stay and play thing.
I know in 2019 the tours began at Café La Bamaba. They had snacks and bottled water that you could have before the tours started. Good idea to stay hydrated. If you’re already in the park during the day, you should be good for to stay in the Stay and Scream zones while they transition the park from day time operations to HHN. There are 3 Stay and Scream zones and you can usually grab something to eat and drink there while you waiting. Again, probably a good idea to eat and stay hydrate. The Stay and Scream Zones usually open a little earlier than the 6:30 start time for HHN so you might be able to get through a house before your 7pm tour starts

Where can we activate our tickets for HHN?
In the past I’ve just brought the printout and had it scanned in holding pens/restaurants in parks
Also since our tour will end at 3 can we stay in the park for HHN or do we need to leave or purchase the stay and play thing
unless I missed something, Stay & scream hasn’t officially been confirmed

It helps them manage the gate & churns revenue with the paid add on tickets, don’t see them being eliminated

if u have APs/valid park admission can enter park after the tour
So - I have an AP I will activate when I arrive - has anyone had luck getting refunds of purchased events after they activate the pass?
Planning to buy ROF if and when available but since my pass wont be active no discount.
U should have a confirmation number for the AP purchased. Generally, stop by guest services to activate

Not sure if u could buy HhN discounted tix via calling in (they could easily confirm ur pass to purchase). Worth a phone call to pass holder line to inquire. Good luck

tix are sold as not refundable. I can verify BOGO tix were able to be gifted to others (in their entirety, no sharing) as long as the recipient had the print/tix out in hand

This is my first ever HHN and this is probably a stupid question, but:

The express pass ticket doesn't include admission, so that means I have to purchase a HHN single ticket admission ticket as well? I'm just double checking since the express pass is $120 for the day we want to go while a single ticket admission is $90. So if I wanted to go to HHN and skip the lines my total price for the experience would be $210?
Usually the express pass is under $100 so are you looking at the specific HHN express pass or regular park pass? Just would want you buying the wrong one

If I buy a regular 1 nite tic now, then UO announces Fla resident or AP discounts weeks from now, any chance they'll credit me the difference on a UO gift card? Even if it's just $5-10, that's another snack or order of pizza fries lol

Shh - would be nice for guests, probably a nightmare for their CS to process. Don’t see it happening. Honestly, haven’t heard of any sort of credits in the past.

Can anyone else chime in here with personal, RL experience in the past as to getting any sort of refund or credit on pre-purchased tickets...excluding last year’s issues, of course?

Forgot to post earlier, on twitter HHN did Acknowledge a question as to FF tix sales. Didn’t give a good answer ;) But, did comment. At least the possibility does still exist for those on the fence.
C3D003C3-7FEF-4D5D-B892-9C9B6ED0F21B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter