30% Off Sale

lockets

DIS Veteran
I don't know much about cruises. My sister just called and asked if I want to join her on Icon of the Seas. 2024. Thanksgiving week. Western Caribbean (Honduras and two stops in Mexico).

$5K for me, hubby, and our twins will be two at that point.

She said she's so excited for the Icon of the Seas ship!

That I would need to put a $1K deposit down today because there's a 30% off sale that ends tonight.

Other dates look cheaper, but it's the only week her kids have off for school.

Not sure what to do. Is this a sale that's not to be missed, or do you think I can catch a future sale and do better than that price?

That week is expensive because of school calendars. As you note, other weeks cost less.

I don't know much about cruises. .................

That I would need to put a $1K deposit down today because there's a 30% off sale that ends tonight......................

Is this a sale that's not to be missed, or do you think I can catch a future sale and do better than that price?

Seems awfully high for a deposit. I would do some QUICK RESEARCH before plucking down a Grand.

Seems awfully high for a deposit. I would do some QUICK RESEARCH before plucking down a Grand.
That sounds normal to me. We always pay $1060 CAD for four of us for a 1 week cruise (note we book in Canadian, and not USD)

To the OP, I responded to your other thread but will respond here too. Royal always has a "sale". Their prices go up and down but it's not predictable which way. We booked Icon right away and it has only gone up, with the exception of one price drop during Black Friday. Since Icon is new and you are looking at Thanksgiving, it will most likely go up.

As a note, if you book, you can watch prices and get your price adjusted if it goes down up to final payment).

If you book refundable (which will cost more), it is 100% refundable up to final payment.

That sounds normal to me. We always pay $1060 CAD for four of us for a 1 week cruise (note we book in Canadian, and not USD)

To the OP, I responded to your other thread but will respond here too. Royal always has a "sale". Their prices go up and down but it's not predictable which way. We booked Icon right away and it has only gone up, with the exception of one price drop during Black Friday. Since Icon is new and you are looking at Thanksgiving, it will most likely go up.

As a note, if you book, you can watch prices and get your price adjusted if it goes down up to final payment).

If you book refundable (which will cost more), it is 100% refundable up to final payment.

Thanks for opening my eyes and eye :tilt: guess it might be a New NORM for 2024 since we never had a deposit above $300 even when we did Oasis Crown Loft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter