3 Weeks and counting!! And I have a dilemma...

Jenn1979

Earning My Ears
OK, for our ceremony we are lighting a unity candle..at this time I really want to play a song (the Wedding Song-There is Love). The problem is the song is 3 minutes 50 seconds...so we will be standing there waiting for the song to end..I REALLY want to hear the whole song...is there anything anyone can think of that we can do during that time, so it's not so awkward?

Thanks!!

Honestly, I think it is very long and might make for an awkward moment - but it is your wedding.
You could both maybe come down after the unity candle and give your mom and dad and siblings a hug while the song is playing, and then both go over to your inlaws and do the same.

To go along with Jen's suggestion, you could handed roses to your mothers and other family memebers.
or, I know this is not tradition, but since you will have all that extra time, you could have the mothers wait until the ceremony to light the unity candles.
So when it is time to light the candle, the music will play, the mothers will go and light their candles, will take a moment to take it all in, will walk back to their seats, then after a moment, you and your fiance/husband will walk over and then light the actual unity candel (with music still playing).

Does that make sence?

You may still have a while longer to wait till the end of the song, but at least that process will take up some time.

or you could just do it the traditional way, and have the music stop when the unity candle lighting is over, and then have the remainder of the song played while your gueasts are leaving.
That way you still get to hear the whole song, but wont be stading in awkwardness.

Just a suggestion!

We had the moms light the candles during the ceremony rather than before. Jack Day did a beautiful reading about moms and then invited them to start it. Once they were seated again we went and did our part. It could probably take most of the music, especially if you have a train on your dress, I had no idea how much larger a loop I needed to make until I started making it. If you added in hugs to dad that would easily fill the song.

We also had the mom's light the candles during the ceremony and then we went up and did our part. Then the pastor (ours was at church, not disney :( ) gave my DH and I communion. That took a good part of the song.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter