3 Room reservations for party of 8, room key question

masondoggy

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is confusing. I have made a mess of things when I booked. My whole family (8 people) is traveling next month to stay at Coronado. When I originally booked, I booked two room reservations and then after the fact, we decided to book a third room so that DH and I could have a room to ourselves and stick the (adult) kids in rooms together. This left a mess because one reservation is in my name, the other is in DH's name and after adding the third room, we wanted to move guests around between rooms and make sure that they could each get into their room with their magic band and put DH and I in the same room.

So I spent 4+ hours on the phone with Disney last night trying to get this straightened out. 3 hrs. on hold, 1.5 hrs talking to them. They were less than helpful ultimately saying the only thing they could do is cancel and rebook, which then I would lose the discount I booked under. She pretty much advised me to try to solve the room key dilemma at the desk when we get there but she didn't sound very confident that they could do anything then either. So this leaves me and DH officially booked in separate rooms. Anyone have an issue like this? What are the chances they can reassign magic bands to different rooms when we check in? Will all 3 rooms be able to be unlocked with the app under my log in? Any ideas how to resolve this? This is causing me way too much unneeded stress!

Thanks for any advice!

Every hotel on the planet will give you extra room-only keys. That's by far the simplest solution to any situation like this. You don't mention who is paying for each rooms. But if you're paying everything, there's really no reason to do anything else. The front desk can probably also move people if you do checkin in person. If you do online checkin, you'll probably make things more complicated.

Every hotel on the planet will give you extra room-only keys. That's by far the simplest solution to any situation like this. You don't mention who is paying for each rooms. But if you're paying everything, there's really no reason to do anything else. The front desk can probably also move people if you do checkin in person. If you do online checkin, you'll probably make things more complicated.
Yea we’re paying for everything. I figured we could always just get extra room keys but DH will get grumpy if he can’t use his magic band lol 🤦‍♀️

A) Are any of the rooms reserved at capacity in the system?
B) Who is listed as guests on room 3 and are any of those guest duplicated on other reservations?

I feel like the easiest thing to do is if your room isn't at capacity, add him to your room and deal with the room 2 where he's the lead guest at the front desk or if one of the kiddos is duplicated across reservations, remove that kid from one reservation and add in whichever one of you isn't on that room.

A) Are any of the rooms reserved at capacity in the system?
B) Who is listed as guests on room 3 and are any of those guest duplicated on other reservations?

I feel like the easiest thing to do is if your room isn't at capacity, add him to your room and deal with the room 2 where he's the lead guest at the front desk or if one of the kiddos is duplicated across reservations, remove that kid from one reservation and add in whichever one of you isn't on that room.
That was part of the problem. My mom is listed under 2 rooms and they couldn’t remove her from one of them. And online it is not allowing me to remove or add at all.

I’m not sure about current room availability but the discount that I booked under is no longer available so when she suggested to cancel and rebook the reservation, I told her that I was concerned that I would lose the discount then. She didn’t say that wouldn’t be a problem so I’m assuming I would lose it. IDK, I’m kind of wondering if she is new and just didn’t know what she was doing or what. She did put the problem through to guest services and came back and said they couldn’t fix it. Maybe I should have just asked for a manager at that point idk. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I just feel like this is a simple request and shouldn’t be this hard.

So can you and DH stay in the room that his name is on, so he can use his MB, and you can get room key cards for anyone else who isn't sleeping in the room their MBs are attached to?

So can you and DH stay in the room that his name is on, so he can use his MB, and you can get room key cards for anyone else who isn't sleeping in the room their MBs are attached to?
It's looking like this is what we're going to have to do. So frustrating though because it totally defeats one of the main purposes of buying the MB. Now I have to carry around a card.

It's looking like this is what we're going to have to do. So frustrating though because it totally defeats one of the main purposes of buying the MB. Now I have to carry around a card.
Hopefully the front desk can fix it when you check in!

Not sure if this would work or not, but the app allows you to open your room also, so maybe it will open all 3? Maybe someone else would know.

I'm not sure I'm following the issue. Who is in which room right now, and how would you like it to be? Why can't you or your husband be assigned to two rooms? This was back in 2018, but my parents names were on both their room and mine, and their magicband was able to open both rooms no problem.
I also know that at least through DVC, I can call to have the name of the primary guest changed, so it might be worth another call.

This is far more complicated than necessary. There's a simple solution:

1. When you check in, go to the front desk and give them the magic bands for Room #1. Have front desk CM link THOSE magic bands to open room #1...REGARDLESS OF WHO IS LISTED ON THE RESERVATION...EVEN if you're not sleeping in that room.
  2. Do the same for Room #2.
  3. Then do the same for Room #3.
  4. Don't tell the front desk CM that you & 1 other person in the group are switching rooms.
  5. Ask for room key cards as a backup.
  6. Give each person their Magic Band for their room.
  7. You & DH sleep in your own room by yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter