• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Random questions

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Do they sell washing powder in the launderette?
Starting to think about what to pack.
I gave in and admitted there is no way on this earth I can pack a week's worth of clothes into hand luggage, my bags full with my shoes alone :rotfl2:
So I booked 2 hold luggage bags, but I would like to keep the clothes down to a minimum and fill 1 bag with snacks and drinks, actually can you put drinks in hold luggage I'm thinking a bottle of squash, which I'd probably be better putting into a flask would I ?

Is there anywhere in the Park to fill up sports bottles with drinking water ?

the drinking fountains dotted all over the main park and the studios will be working in July, to fill up bottles etc.

Yes, you can pack squash in hold luggage - either put it in a flask, or put bubble wrap around the bottle and pack it inside a towel or jacket in your case, for extra padding. Oh, and take the double concentrate stuff, smaller bottles.

I don't know about the launderette question :).

You can buy washing powder in the washroom :) Johnny recalls its about ¬4 for the machine and about 1,50 for the powder so maybe add a little bit more on but you can definitely get it :)

There are loads of drink fountains around both parks, they are usually located next to the toilets. Also, bizarrely, one inside the queue to POTC.

Hi Jill, It's a couple of years since I used the launderette, but you used to be able to buy washing powder from the shop where you also purchased the tokens for in the machine......however that could have all changed :confused3

The washing powder was quite expensive, so I used to take several packets of those ariel tablets as they come individually wrapped so you can just stick them straight in among your packing, they kinda made the suitcases smell fresh too:thumbsup2 . Actually was it persil that did the individual ones and ariel were in pairs :goodvibes ?
I was going to mention the water fountain at POTC too :rotfl2: There are loads I just can't seem to remember any more.

K

I just want to say that most Americans reading this discussion will think you are trying to bring the food squash into your suitcase and wonder why. We went to Scotland to visit a friend the day after our Disney trip and saw some bottles of Squash. We had no clue what it was. I was very thankful for these boards as I knew what ASDA was, and many other wonderful things.

Jill, could you please let me know if the Thrifts are still playing at the Cheyenne? Looking for night time ideas for our trip and we always loved the Red Garter when they were playing...something nice about live music :goodvibes, if you wouldn't mind letting me know on your return.......Thank you K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter