3 questions for ironing on my transfer...

CandyM

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I have 3 questions for everyone.
1) do you all cut as close to the image as you can or do you leave about 1/8" around the edge?(I always thought it was to leave at least 1/8")

2) Peel the transfer paper off when completely cool or when hot?(read to do this both ways??)

3) Has anyone ever used parchment paper over the top of the transfer when ironing it?? I read somewhere to do this, but myself have never done it, so wondering if it was a good step?)

Thanks everyone..
Candy

Hi Candy - when I did my transfers I cut as close to the edge as possible because I used transfers for DARK fabric. If you are using dark - if you don't trim, there will be a white edge all the way around your picture (this may or may not be ok for you).

The only other thing I will tell you - pay no more attention to anything else you've read here except this one thing - follow the directions on your particular transfer paper!! Each kind of transfer paper is different; when I used LIGHT transfer paper, I left the paper on until it was cool and then removed it (I felt it looked better that way) but when I used DARK transfer paper - that is when I used parchment paper. You have to follow the directions on the packaging.

Hope that helps!

Steamboat Marti said:
Hi Candy - when I did my transfers I cut as close to the edge as possible because I used transfers for DARK fabric. If you are using dark - if you don't trim, there will be a white edge all the way around your picture (this may or may not be ok for you).

The only other thing I will tell you - pay no more attention to anything else you've read here except this one thing - follow the directions on your particular transfer paper!! Each kind of transfer paper is different; when I used LIGHT transfer paper, I left the paper on until it was cool and then removed it (I felt it looked better that way) but when I used DARK transfer paper - that is when I used parchment paper. You have to follow the directions on the packaging.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, What she said. :teeth: Marti gave you the exact advice that I would have. Read your directions.

Deb

Ditto to what Marti said about following the instructions that came with your paper!

I too, cut as close as possible with the dark and the light paper. I believe with the light transfers (I used the Avery) I peeled it back after a minute or so, still warm but not hot.

Good luck!!

Steamboat Marti said:

Hope that helps!

Thanks Marti! I did my transfers, I did give the parchment a try, although not sure what it did or did not do??
I did 2 images from Julia and nicks mom, and one turned out fine, and the other turned out kind of yellow tinged???? Not sure what happened, I did them both the same? The one that kind of yellowed was a gold tone background and not sure if that kind of tinged it all in some way or what?? Kind of wierd, but will see if my mom likes it or might buy another shirt and make her the same image as mine, the one that turned out fine(no yellowing)..
Anyway, thanks allot for responding, I appreciate your time! You guys are great on this board! :thumbsup2
Candy

CandyM said:
Thanks Marti! I did my transfers, I did give the parchment a try, although not sure what it did or did not do??
I did 2 images from Julia and nicks mom, and one turned out fine, and the other turned out kind of yellow tinged???? Not sure what happened, I did them both the same? The one that kind of yellowed was a gold tone background and not sure if that kind of tinged it all in some way or what?? Kind of wierd, but will see if my mom likes it or might buy another shirt and make her the same image as mine, the one that turned out fine(no yellowing)..
Anyway, thanks allot for responding, I appreciate your time! You guys are great on this board! :thumbsup2
Candy

Others have said that the yellow tinge has happened if they ironed it too long. The ones that redid them (or had multiples of the same design) said that when they ironed it a shorter time, it didn't yellow. Don't know if this was what happened to yours but it is a thought.

UP Disney said:
Others have said that the yellow tinge has happened if they ironed it too long. The ones that redid them (or had multiples of the same design) said that when they ironed it a shorter time, it didn't yellow. Don't know if this was what happened to yours but it is a thought.

Thanks.. I had thought about that too, but didn't think I had done it anymore than my other one, but then who knows, with this stuff one never can tell unless they time it every time?..
Yah, I might see if she want to throw me another t-shirt and I can try it again and make sure I iron it very little..
Such a trial and error thing, yah know!
Thanks again.
Candy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter