3 park days scheduled in a row?? too much

dancebird78

Earning My Ears
Looks like I may have to schedule 3 park days consecutively MK, AK, and EP. Not necessarily in this order but does that seem like too much for my family of four? I have an 11yr old and 7yr old. We'll have some resort days too and a day at Universal studios. Ideally, I would want to do two park days a rest day and then a third park day.

Also, are the EMH days typically more crowded? And, is the rumor that MK is more crowded on Monday's true?

We make trips of 9-12 days at WDW and go into a park virtually every day of the trip.

In fact, after reading literally tens of thousands of posts, I can safely say that
MOST guests go into a theme park nearly every day of their trip.

That will purely depend on your family. Our kids are now 13, 10, 10 but we went when they were younger than your kids' age. We did 10 days in a row then, and for the past 3 summers have done 17 days in a row. No problem. Certainly, they're not all 12 hour days. Sometimes, we'll do a 3 or 4 hour day and then head back to our condo to relax. But we're there for Disney, so we're not big believers in "rest" days where we just sit at home/hotel.

If you are park open to park close people, three days in a row might be too much.

For our family, with those three parks, I'd put Epcot in the middle because if is a low key, shorter park day.

3 in a row? Depends how long you are in the parks each day. From open to close, then IMHO, 3 days is too much. Our last trip of 8 days we probably slept in 3 or 4 days. FP+ makes things easier as you don't have to get to a park early to ride the popular rides.

EMH days (morning version) are more crowded later in the morning. What can be ideal is if you can get to the EMH park when it opens then hop to another park by around 11am or so. Making your FP+ reservations all in the second park.

And yes, supposedly MK Mondays are more crowded. The logic being that a lot of people arrive Sunday and go to MK first, on Monday.

You should be fine. We are planning 6 days in a row, and likely doing 12+ hours each day:

Day 1: No parks, Disney Springs until late (Illuminations Cruise)
Day 2: MK from open until close
Day 3: MK from pre-open (dining reservation) ending in a dinner at CA Grill at 7:40. The afternoon and early evening should be light for us, so if we've finished all we wanted, may go back to hotel for a couple of hours before dinner
Day 4: AK from pre-open (RD for Navi) to close
Day 5: HS from open to close
Day 6: Epcot from open until dinner at 8:30 at Ohana (staying at Poly). We may not need the entire day at Epcot, so could go back to our resort and relax for a couple of hours or so before dinner
Day 7: Park Hopper day, but will be going from 7 am until an 8:45 dinner. Hoping to have some down time in the afternoon.

Our group includes 3 kids, ages 7, 13, and 14. They'll be fine with this schedule. We will be exhausted when we get home though LOL.

I wouldn't be worried, but I also don't know if I would do open to close all 3 days with kids. DH and I went last year from open to close 3 days in a row and we were pooped. It's also because the EMH for MK went until 2 am and then we woke up at 8 am for the next day, but it still would've been tiring even if we didn't stay that whole time.

Depends on your family. When we go, we never take resort days and we're usually there rope drop to quite late in the day and we're fine. We're kind of an active family, though and we'd rather see and do as much as possible and rest when we get home.

We only have one day off in 17 days. We only get to go once a year, and its cost a fortune so we make the most of every minute we're there. 22 days until the craziness begins again
:yay:

Obviously all kids are different, but my DD when she was 7 had no problem doing a few days in a row at the parks.

If it starts to become an issue for you, I’d recommend scheduling a small break after lunch and returning to the park a couple hours later.

Depends on your endurance levels. Can't speak for your kids, but when I was that age (7-11), three days would have been a walk in the park.

Now, I'm not in as good of a shape and don't have the endurance I used to. I did Epcot and AK back in August (EMH to nearly closing time) and the next day tried to do MK, but only made it a couple hours before I called it a day. Of course, with the cooler weather now, it might have been a bit easier. It was insanely hot and humid on the second day (MK).

Out of 10days at the resorts we might go one or two days, Park hopping to get all the rides in that we actually want.
We just got a dvc only ticket that is 7 day park hopper for the price of five. And we have six months to use it from the first day of use. So we will use two or three days right after thanksgiving when we are there for a week and the rest in March when we are back for two weeks. That’s way more than we typically like to go. But we might go for three hours in the morning and then go back to Epcot at night for dinner. And in Nov we have the Christmas party ticket so that is a day we would never use a day ticket; we just arrive about 430 pm, have an early dinner and wait for the nonparty people to leave. We will just go for the party and leave at end and won’t go back to the MK again that trip.

We like to close the parks (no longer do RD), so when our DDs were younger (infant - 4 yrs) we learned that 3 days in a roll was their max. So the 4th day we would just hang by the pool, maybe putt-putt or rent a surrey bike. But once they hit 5 or 6 we could do all park days if we wanted to, but we really like taking a day or two off and not doing parks every day. I can tell you that when we get back home we are relaxed and do not feel tired and that we need a vacation to recoup from our vacation:) Our trip next week will be parks every day since we also want to go to US.

We are parks every day people. One time, we only had 5 days left on a 10 day never expire ticket (blast from the past!), so we had an off day that trip (but went to Chef Mickey's and toured resorts instead).

But, if you are only planning 3 days in the parks, it may make sense to break those days up.

Looks like I may have to schedule 3 park days consecutively MK, AK, and EP. Not necessarily in this order but does that seem like too much for my family of four? I have an 11yr old and 7yr old. We'll have some resort days too and a day at Universal studios. Ideally, I would want to do two park days a rest day and then a third park day.

Also, are the EMH days typically more crowded? And, is the rumor that MK is more crowded on Monday's true?
My kids are a bit younger than yours (3 and 7) but we do a park every day and build in breaks or late sleep in days on most days.

If you are willing to go back to the hotel and take a pool/nap break, then it may not be to overwhelming! We also enjoy taking time out to take a break and head to Disney Springs mid-day when at parks that we don’t have as much interest in!

We go to the parks 5-7 days consecutively every time. Before kids - rope drops to close, usually hopping to a second park mid day. When I was a kid we also did parks every day.

Every time we planned an “off” day we ended up adding a day to our passes and going to the park for the evening! :)

With my small kids now, one park a day rope drop until whenever we’re done for each day of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter