3 New attractions announced!!!

raptor1982

The year to live your dreams
Eurodisney sca has finally announced 3 new attractions!! Read on:

2006 should see the unveiling of a new attraction based on the characters and magic of the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of the Pixar Animation Studios film Toy Story 2. At the other end of the galaxy, the evil Emperor Zurg is masterminding the construction of an invading army of battery-powered robotic villains. His plan hinges vitally on the theft of the entire galaxy's stock of batteries. Foiling this plan and pulling the plug on the power puppets is a job
for space ranger Buzz Lightyear. Participants will board two-seater ride vehicles, each of which will be fitted with dual laser pistols and direction controls, making it possible for guests to spin their space ships around a full 360'. To defend the universe our guests will then go blasting at the various targets placed throughout the different scenes their vehicles enter. Each successful hit will not only accumulate points on vehicle dashboards, but also generate special effects through the use of sound, light and movement. Set to become something of a standard in Disney Theme Park entertainment, the
popularity of the series of Buzz Lightyear attractions appears to lie in the development of a storyline concerning an unforgettable character, the ownership of an experience which guests create themselves and the desire to become a top scorer.

Toon Studios* at Walt Disney Studios Park

A new land in Walt Disney Studios Park will soon offer guests insight into the backstage activity of their favourite Disney characters. This land will be none other than the place where the toons toil - the setting where they make their films - and this theme makes our expansion unique in Disney Theme Park history.
This new Land will be a continuation of the Theme Park's current celebration of the animated world, and will thus find itself located alongside Animation Courtyard, between Flying Carpets Over Agrabah and Art of Disney Animation. Not only will guests meet their toon heroes here, but they will also explore their professional universe and participate in some of the most unforgettable scenes from their box office successes.

A further part of the development also calls for the expansion of the oasis area around Flying Carpets Over Agrabah and the integration of a number of photo, merchandise and food locations in this Animation Backlot.

Tower of Terror* at Walt Disney Studios Park

It all happened that stormy night. A freakish lightning bolt struck a luxurious Hollywood hotel, changing things forever and causing its last residents to vanish. 2008 development plans for Walt Disney Studios Park include a European version of an attraction whose popularity has soared since its introduction at Walt Disney World Resort in 1994, and more recently at Disneyland Resort in 2004. One thing already clear in the project is that the attraction will be a
Walt Disney Studios Park landmark. Its monumental architecture, central position on Production Courtyard and multi-story structure will all make it unmissable - to say nothing of the attraction experience itself.

Visitors will begin their journey by strolling through the timeworn, yet atmospheric lobby and library. These same guests will then be elevated high into the body of the hotel aboard service lifts, and straight into a strange world. The fate of the vanished former residents will then unfold before their very eyes, just as their own destiny becomes frighteningly obvious. As theirlift door opens, they return to reality, finding themselves and their lift plunging to the bottom of a lift shaft. The breath-taking descent will happen quicker than gravity itself and the rebound back to the top will give those who closed their eyes a second chance to watch what happens.

Thanks for more information about the new attractions. Can't wait, although 2008 for Tower of Terror seems sooooo far away!!

Rhiannon :wizard:

I will definately have to make another trip out there to see the toon area!!! :earseek:

Hopefully this will bring more confidence to the CM's in the park.

Reid

When I went at the end of October there were some massive cranes visible behind the Gaumont. Would this be what they were building?

NIK said:
When I went at the end of October there were some massive cranes visible behind the Gaumont. Would this be what they were building?

No, they were building a new parking garage for Disney Village. Construction of Buzz has started in the MagicKingdom but in Studios I think they have just cleared the land for TOT. I doubt if they will start construction for a bit.

Toons; that's waht I am excited about, but I guess we will have to wait a bit before they will even start on it.

Although I like the TOT, i hoped DLRP would get something that would be a one of a kind, a premiere, something not found in other parks. That would have been big and would be good for free advertising. (News papers will write about something never seen before, will ToT has been done before...)

But before that there will be Buzz. And work is already on its way. For a picture check out http://www.dlp.info
Not much (or no) Buzz to see so far but clean up work is well on its way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter