3 months free on APs

My guess a prorated (pricey) option will be offered to allow visits to EU when one has a valid ‘activated’ AP. Not necessarily an AP but, reduced ticket prices for single or multi day tix

Don’t think they’d offer a 3 park AP to include EU unless they’d double the current prices

I’d think that they may require reservations initially, for offsite guests

Don’t see how they could tell guests in the new hotels that they couldn’t access the park. Perhaps those initial bookings will be package only deals to include park tickets, either single or multi day

It’s their chance to cash in, the stockholders expect no less. Buckle in
Yeah will be very interesting.

I would be surprised if they don't have a 3 (or 4) park AP - but yeah prices will be interesting.
Would not be surprised to see the 2 park phased out - too many option will get confusing to many folks

Also for those thinking about buying the 15 month and upgrading it later - I think you loose the 3 free months when you upgrade - like if you bought a 2 park and want to upgrade it to 3 park with VB or even to a higher tier

Interested to see what they do with regular tickets as well will they switch to a single park ticket and add an option for park hopping like Disney does.

Universal currently does this. Base ticket vs park-to-park.
Right- I've been doing APs for so long I was not thinking like that

Still gets confusing if they add 4 park ticket.
The 3 park ticket currently has VB as the third park and not every one wants that so do they make a 3 park that has EU and then a 4 park to include VB
A 2 park would be only IOA and US.

Do they keep the 2 park/3park and have an add on for EU - I doubt it since EU is the "hot" new park and may become the new base ticket (for higher price)

The permutation get messy with 4 parks so I still think they will want to simplify it - and maximize the price

It will give us something to discuss/speculate here between trips.

UPDATE

2022 I bought Universal 3-Day Park-to-Park Dated Ticket + 2 Days FREE from UCT. Well during that Halloween trip I got really sick. While attending MNSSHP I was hauled away via ambulance to a local hospital.

WDW refunded our party tickets.
The boys enjoyed using their Universal park tickets but my Park tickets were given a Case # by Guest Service at City Walk.

I'd like to turn it into an AP, anyone ever been in the same situation having a case #? I know I need to call but was hoping for any guidance, we won't be down there until Oct 24th, obviously the 3 free month promotion will have ended by then. Thanks!

I called Guest Services: 407-224-4233 Press #5
and was told I could NOT turn my 5 Day, 2 Park ticket into an AP. She stated once a Case # was assigned to the ticket, it no longer had monetary value, however she reiterated that it is a Non Expiring ticket and can be used at anytime. The ticket is non transferable and ID will be required to redeem it. She recommended I print out everything associated with the ticket i.e. confirmation of purchase email, CC used and include the case # and secure it away until I'm ready to use it.
All of which I'm fine with.

Thanks again @tony67 for your help and @mamapenguin for creating this thread. I never would have known about the offer.

UPDATE

I called Guest Services: 407-224-4233 Press #5
and was told I could NOT turn my 5 Day, 2 Park ticket into an AP. She stated once a Case # was assigned to the ticket, it no longer had monetary value, however she reiterated that it is a Non Expiring ticket and can be used at anytime. The ticket is non transferable and ID will be required to redeem it. She recommended I print out everything associated with the ticket i.e. confirmation of purchase email, CC used and include the case # and secure it away until I'm ready to use it.
All of which I'm fine with.

Thanks again @tony67 for your help and @mamapenguin for creating this thread. I never would have known about the offer.
:(

hmm.. maybe they count it as a comp ticket once it gets that case number
When you are there and have your ticket in hand might be worth checking in guest services anyway - cant hurt to ask.

:(

hmm.. maybe they count it as a comp ticket once it gets that case number
When you are there and have your ticket in hand might be worth checking in guest services anyway - cant hurt to ask.

Our vacation is scheduled for late fall, by then the promotion for 3 free months will have expired. I'm good with how things have worked out but thanks for your suggestion.

I took the plunge on this today. Went to Guest Services at USF and was told the cost to upgrade my 2-days-plus-3-free two park ticket, which I had purchased from UT, would be $140. I went ahead with it since the 3 month extension made it even better. This was for the "seasonal" AP. Future trips probably won't include Disney in view of their insane price inflation and aggravating restrictions on park hopping, which I understand aren't going away anytime soon (and probably never). So for me, that also factored in.

I took the plunge on this today. Went to Guest Services at USF and was told the cost to upgrade my 2-days-plus-3-free two park ticket, which I had purchased from UT, would be $140. I went ahead with it since the 3 month extension made it even better. This was for the "seasonal" AP. Future trips probably won't include Disney in view of their insane price inflation and aggravating restrictions on park hopping, which I understand aren't going away anytime soon (and probably never). So for me, that also factored in.
Do you know if this upgrade could have been done at one of the hotels or does it have to be guest service? I have family coming to meet me later this week and I would like to upgrade their tickets and I was trying to figure out the most efficient way to do that.

Do you know if this upgrade could have been done at one of the hotels or does it have to be guest service? I have family coming to meet me later this week and I would like to upgrade their tickets and I was trying to figure out the most efficient way to do that.
Should be able to do it at a hotel. I upgraded a seasonal AP to a preferred AP at the nearby Rosen Inn that has a UO desk in it. My brother upgraded tickets he got from a third party seller to seasonal APs at the Hard Rock UO desk. My understanding is that any hotel with a UO desk can process paid-in-full upgrades, but you need to go to guest services if you’re upgrading on a monthly payment AP.

Should be able to do it at a hotel. I upgraded a seasonal AP to a preferred AP at the nearby Rosen Inn that has a UO desk in it. My brother upgraded tickets he got from a third party seller to seasonal APs at the Hard Rock UO desk. My understanding is that any hotel with a UO desk can process paid-in-full upgrades, but you need to go to guest services if you’re upgrading on a monthly payment AP.

Yes, we've upgraded our UCT tickets to Preferred Passes at Royal Pacific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter