3 hours at disney dec 28 with a dog? HELP PLEASE

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Unexpectedly two adults and one large dog have the opportunity to spend 3ish hours in Disney on either evening dec 28 or morning Dec 29. We WILL NOT have theme park tickets. WHAT SHOULD WE DO? I assumed since dog will be with us we can only reslly wander around Disney springs but we are open to any other options. I used to be a diehard disney goer but now my kids are adults so I haven't been in 9 years. We are on route to spend the winter in the Florida keys and have only a few hours. And we will not be boarding the dog for 3 hours. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Unexpectedly two adults and one large dog have the opportunity to spend 3ish hours in Disney on either evening dec 28 or morning Dec 29. We WILL NOT have theme park tickets. WHAT SHOULD WE DO? I assumed since dog will be with us we can only reslly wander around Disney springs but we are open to any other options. I used to be a diehard disney goer but now my kids are adults so I haven't been in 9 years. We are on route to spend the winter in the Florida keys and have only a few hours. And we will not be boarding the dog for 3 hours. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I believe only service animals are allowed in Disney Springs so that may not be an option for you. I suggest you check into that before heading there.

Agree with above ~ unless it is a service dog there really isn't anything for you to do at Disney. I would just keep on heading south OR if you are overnighting in Orlando, perhaps check for some dog friendly spots.

Check to see if these spots are still furry friendly ~
~ Celebration Town Center
~ Bok Tower Gardens
~ Showcase of Citrus
~ Lots of dog friendly breweries

If you love your dog …avoid crowds at DS unless you arrive early morn and can Park in the Orange Garage. Can sit outdoors at the Starbucks near the Aerophile Balloon . Also this section of DS has a nice walkway along waterfront from SBX to House of Blues. Very pretty if sunny day.
Also nice grassy area just past the HoB … but might need to bring water ( bowl? )
and litter bag just in case.
And for humans …newish EverGlazed Donuts with coffee near SplitsVille .

If you love your dog …avoid crowds at DS unless you arrive early morn and can Park in the Orange Garage. Can sit outdoors at the Starbucks near the Aerophile Balloon . Also this section of DS has a nice walkway along waterfront from SBX to House of Blues. Very pretty if sunny day.
Also nice grassy area just past the HoB … but might need to bring water ( bowl? )
and litter bag just in case.
And for humans …newish EverGlazed Donuts with coffee near SplitsVille .

Well, dogs are not allowed at Disney Springs.

I know this is a bit late, but ... I love strolling along the river at Port Orleans Riverside. It's a long beautiful walk through 2 hotels. You can grab some food & eat riverside, too, without having to worry that you can't bring the dog inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter