3/4 ton Chevy Suburban with 8100 engine

Lanshark

<font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp
Does anyone own one of these? How do you like towing a camper with it? How do you like it for everyday use? What kind of mileage does it get?

DH wanted me to do some research on this vehicle and I knew this would be the place to start.

Thanks
Marcie

To help with your research try looking at iRV2.com. Their board is set up the same as this one and I'm sure you will find someone that has the same rig comb that you are thinking about. And just like this board they are just waiting for someone to ask a question they can answer!

Poohstyx

Thanks Pooh,

This looks like a great site.

We have a suberban 3/4 ton that we pull a 27 foot Prowler with. We have been very pleased with the preformance of the truck. It is very comfortable to ride in and my DH drives it to work everyday. I don't like to back it up, it is sooo long! I can only make a guess at gas milage, my DH would know exactly. I'll ask him. I think our engine is the one smaller that the 8100. Remember to check what size rear end it has as that make a difference in the weight you can tow.:D

My sis and bil have one of these, they don't camp, but use it to pull a 23ft boat with. They've never had any problems with it. He drives it to work daily and the gas milage isn't bad at all, he actually gets better milage in it then I do in my minivan. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter