3-1-1 true for European Air Travel too?

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
The US TSA has the 3-1-1 rule for carry ons:
3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3 ounce bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3 oz. container size is a security measure.

Does the European equivalent of our TSA have the same or similar rule when going through security checkpoints in European airports?

Just be sure to check with each airline you're flying on and each airport you're going through. All can have their own individual restrictions. Heathrow, for example, only allows one carry-on per person, not the one carry-on and a personal item we're used to in the States. And some aircraft will only allow for one checked bag (depending on the size of the plane). It's always a good idea to do your homework so you aren't suprised during your trip.

Actually, Heathrow has lifted its 1 bag restriction - though I do second the advice to double check with the individual airlines/airport websites.

Actually, Heathrow has lifted its 1 bag restriction - though I do second the advice to double check with the individual airlines/airport websites.

Ah, interesting, must be relatively recent. Surprising to see allowances increasing anywhere since the trend seems to be decreasing and charging more. But you proved my point perfectly :)

Also be aware of the strict limits on carry on luggage on intra-Europe flights, for SIZE, NUMBER, and WEIGHT. That means usually ONE piece, no more than 8kgs. Many airlines do weigh and do tag carry on luggage, and you will be denied boarding if you do not comply. I have been flying all over Europe weekly for the past several months, and have seen many American travellers shocked at the regulations.

I have a German laptop case as my American issued one is too large for the regulations here.

Be prepared and plan ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter