2nd time around

mickeymom923

<font color=red><b>"Someday my prince will come"</
They say the 2nd time around is great. After going thru a long nasty divorce 13 years ago, I finally found my prince. We are getting married on the Disney Wonder in the Cadillac Lounge on 5/22/09. I'm also in my 50's. Someone told me that I should not wear white or a bridal gown. Not sure if it's because of my age or because it's the second time. Someone else told me not to wear a veil. Any advice what is the correct thing to do? :confused3

Thanks,
Bev

ha! I love when people say you shouldn't!

We got married on August 3, 2007 in a courthouse ceremony after 11 years together and a daughter.
I wore white and a veil..we then did a VR on the Wonder in July and I wore a white wedding dress and a veil.
I know my sisters are probably horrified (well, my oldest sister) that I had a big wedding ceremony after so long, but WHO CARES!! It is YOUR wedding day and if you want to wear a big huge wedding dress with a chapel veil, do it!! I loved every minute of my VR and didn't care if it tacky!!

I think that it is all upto you!! I don't think it's tacky or crazy for a second time bride to wear white.. lets be real the white dress tradition is originally due to the white is pure.. (aka virgin bride)... umm yeah i'm sure that not all first time brides are supporting that cause! :rotfl: I personally think the veil makes me feel more like a bride! A lot of brides don't wear them though... in the end I think it is totally upto you! If you feel comfortable in wearing white and a veil and thast what you want it is the right choice! Like said previously- it is your day!!

This is my 2nd and I am not wearing white. Only because I am super pale and it doesn't work on me. If white would work, I would be rockin it! I think those silly rules need to go. It is your wedding so who cares what others think and just do what makes you happy.

Also, I am wearing a huge princessy dress and we are going all out. I am sure alot of others think this is wrong since it is my 2nd but I adore this man and we are gonna celebrate in style!!

Congratulations! I am also a 2nd timer, 31 years old, and have a son who will be "giving me away" at the ceremony.

I have done a bit of reading on tradition and etiquette for "encore brides".

White used to be considered the color of "purity". Today, white is regarded as a color of "celebration" and completely appropriate for second weddings.

A veil is also perfectly acceptable - any length that is fitting with the "formality" of the ceremony. However a "blusher" is the one sticking point with the etiquette gurus - that is the one thing that would be reserved for first time brides only.

I will wearing an ivory colored gown (might as well be white) and will opt for a tiara headpiece in lieu of a veil. That is just a matter of personal preference, though.

It's YOUR day . . . wear whatever it is that makes you feel gorgeous!

What a bunch of malarkey!! You can wear any color you want. I mean look at the bridal gowns that they now make in red. A few years ago, that would have been heresy, now they're getting popular. So I say go for it!

And Andreah (hope I spelled that right!) I love your sig pic!! That's awesome!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter