!

LeslieS

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked (numerous times) before but I can't seem to find anything recent. I'm taking both kids on a Disney cruise (with my mom) so my husband will NOT be traveling with us. Both kids have passports. Do I also need to get some sort of notarized letter from my husband giving me "permission" to take them out of the country without him? Thanks!

You do not need any sort of permission. I can't speak to extenuating circumstances such as Custody issues, citizenship issues and whatnot. But absent those you should be fine.

No issues, both kids are his, we're still married, no custody issues...he just can't go because he has to work. :(

Our friend and her DD travelled with us in April without DH on the Repo cruise and my DH drew up a short document (which was notarized) saying that she had permission to travel outside the country with the kids. It took him 10 minutes to write and gave her piece of mind. Although they are married, it is better to be safe than sorry when travelling out of the country with the kids. (For clarification, DH is a family law attorney.)

I would take a notoraized letter. Not sure a cruise is a very likely way to sneak kids out of the country without the other parent's knowledge, but it certainly has happened a border crossings by car and via plane.

I did the exact same thing in September (traveled with my mom and my 2 kids without my husband). I can tell you that we didn't get asked for any letter, and my kids and I don't even have the same last name (they have their father's last name). We did have passports with us, and this was the WBTA so we left from Barcelona. I have heard that if you are traveling to Mexico the laws are more strict, but if you are traveling in the Carribbean I would not worry about it.

I am divorced and have taken 2 Disney cruises with my daughter and neither time have they ever asked for any documentation.

I always bring a notarized letter from DH when I travel w/the kids. I have yet to need it on a cruise, but I have been asked for it at the Canadian border. A bit different situation, but I'm a fan of being prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter