"""

Add me to the 3G user who is unsure about upgrading to a 4 or a 4S.
I am worried that the processor in the 4 will become too slow too quickly and I will be in the same position I am in now, since processor speed is my biggest complaint.
Decisions---Decisions.
I had the 3g and would still have it if I hadn't had to buy a new phone to switch to Verizon.

I really don't think my 4 is any better than the 3 was. I do like the "find my phone" feature, sort of. But I wouldn't have switched just for this.

AT&T sucked so badly that I bought a new phone just to be rid of them.

But I wouldn't recommend it. Just honestly can't see the point.

I won't switch when 5 comes out, that's for sure.

Hmm I'm just excited for the new operating system. Its going to be FANTASTIC. My phone is still new. I have a great camera already. Soo I dont care to wait a bit more.

I have heard a lot of disappointment, but yesterday Apple delivered:

1. More processor speed, and an newer generation processor.
2. Better, faster camera
3. Ability to record video at the highest resolution currently available on HD TVs
4. Incorporation of a voice-operated, Internet-connected Assistant (Siri) that could, potentially change the way you interact with your iPhone for some tasks
5. A phone incorporating both GSM and CDMA spectra in the same platform (so no more separate phones/feature sets on Verizon vs. AT&T vs. Sprint based on the hardware)
6. Faster (2x) download speeds over the cellular network
7. Updated Bluetooth tech

I think that's a pretty good slate of improvements, better than the improvements between the 3G and 3GS.

the voice activation feature sounds totally awesome to me..
for that feature alone, i'm considering upgrading from the 3Gs to the 4s...

I'm a Sprint user...so I am bursting with excitement! I can't wait to see the mailman with my iphone in a couple weeks!

the voice activation feature sounds totally awesome to me.

It does sound incredible. The question is - will it work? I've watched the videos and they look outrageous but I'm withholding my excitement until I see how it functions in the real world. Will it function as effortlessly and seamlessly as it does in those demo videos? If it truly does, that will be ground-breaking. Think HAL from 2001. I can't wait to visit my local Apple store in a few weeks and check it out.

Well as an original iPhone user(yes I am still rocking the first gen phone) this upgrade is a no brainer for me. Especially as I am looking forward to the new features of iOS5

The only reason for me to consider upgrading from the iPhone4 to the 4S would be for a better camera.

SIRI has been around for a while in app form but I'm sure Apple has made many enhancements since they bought it last year. The concern I have is with longevity of SIRI. I know a few people that have the original SIRI app (which will be shut down next week) and they all said that it was really cool for the first month. The problem is that they haven't touched it since.

I do agree that they made some nice enhancements with the 4s but I'm not ready to upgrade right away.

Anyone waiting for a physical keyboard on an iphone can save themselves some trouble and go elsewhere. I am 99.99% certain the iphone will never have a physical keyboard. Apple pioneered the touchscreen market, no way they would take a step backwards.

I just wanted a bigger retina display... 4"... thats it, and I would have been in.

Windows 7.5 Mango is looking impressive.... too bad I married Apple a long time ago.

I know a few people that have the original SIRI app (which will be shut down next week) and they all said that it was really cool for the first month. The problem is that they haven't touched it since.

That sounds about right.

It is just like when the 4 came out. All of the publicity was focused on Facetime. Now I know a ton of people who have iPhones and I don't think a single one of them uses Facetime. Siri will be the same way. Looks and sounds really cool but will anyone actually use it?

That sounds about right.

It is just like when the 4 came out. All of the publicity was focused on Facetime. Now I know a ton of people who have iPhones and I don't think a single one of them uses Facetime. Siri will be the same way. Looks and sounds really cool but will anyone actually use it?
How old are they? My 12-year old used Facetime just about every day before she lost her iPod Touch.

The only reason for me to consider upgrading from the iPhone4 to the 4S would be for a better camera.

I keep seeing a lot of mention of the better camera... but I'm inclined to ask... how much better is it, really? The enhanced MP count isn't likely to make much noticeable difference unless you're doing fairly large prints; for screen display, posting to facebook and the like, even a 1MP image would suffice. Is it the 1080p video, or quicker shutter time that is so appealing? I just don't really get it.

How old are they? My 12-year old used Facetime just about every day before she lost her iPod Touch.

I was referring to adults. I do know one couple that uses it to talk to their grandson out of state now that I think about it but that's about it.

I keep seeing a lot of mention of the better camera... but I'm inclined to ask... how much better is it, really? The enhanced MP count isn't likely to make much noticeable difference unless you're doing fairly large prints; for screen display, posting to facebook and the like, even a 1MP image would suffice. Is it the 1080p video, or quicker shutter time that is so appealing? I just don't really get it.

Supposedly, the 4S doesn't just have more megapixels. It also has better optics including a wider aperture to let in more light. That should result in better images in low light situations, one of the big drawbacks on my iPhone 3.

SIRI has been around for a while in app form but I'm sure Apple has made many enhancements since they bought it last year. The concern I have is with longevity of SIRI. I know a few people that have the original SIRI app (which will be shut down next week) and they all said that it was really cool for the first month. The problem is that they haven't touched it since.

I do agree that they made some nice enhancements with the 4s but I'm not ready to upgrade right away.

I couldn't agree more about SIRI. I have had it for about a year now and have used it all but twice.

;) My DH looked like your Kermit siggie when we watched the demo yesterday. We have 3GS and Ipad2s. I do not use what I have and do not need a space age upgrade when I still don't know everything my phone can do. In fact at 42 I do not really use the Ipad I have. Here I am typing on my keyboard.

But the idea of the Cloud and syncing everything automatically to each device--the more I think about that the better I like it. But where is all that stuff being stored? I mean are there Men in Black guarding a huge server in a closet somewhere? But DH is sucking down the Koolaid--and wants 64G for all his stuff on the phone--:sad2:

I needed glasses just to see my screen and in the sun that doesn't even do me any good. But I do have a cool skin on it and I look real modern when I whip it out in front of my co-workers ---yeah right. :laughing:

:confused: Crap now DH can track me around Disney when I sneak around the corner to shop......

does anyone know if you have to change your package with AT&T if you upgrade? i currently have unlimited data, etc with my 3G for a great rate and i don't want to change that.

Thx!
Kim

does anyone know if you have to change your package with AT&T if you upgrade? i currently have unlimited data, etc with my 3G for a great rate and i don't want to change that.

Thx!
Kim

DH went to the iPhone 4 this past December after the new data plans were installed. We were able to migrate our unlimited data from his 3G without any issue.

I will be upgrading to the iPhone 4S simply because my 3GS is ready to bite the dust. The home button has been dying since February of this year and then when I was at Disney this past March I dropped my phone, twice, and the screen is cracked pretty badly. I have been waiting for the new phone to upgrade. If I'm awake I will be preordering at midnight tonight. I can say I was hoping for a complete overhaul but the more I read about this new version I'm looking forward to it. The idea of being able to send and receive text handsfree really has me interested. No matter what it will be nice to have a screen that is not cracked and a home button that works again.

I have heard a lot of disappointment, but yesterday Apple delivered:

1. More processor speed, and an newer generation processor.
2. Better, faster camera
3. Ability to record video at the highest resolution currently available on HD TVs
4. Incorporation of a voice-operated, Internet-connected Assistant (Siri) that could, potentially change the way you interact with your iPhone for some tasks
5. A phone incorporating both GSM and CDMA spectra in the same platform (so no more separate phones/feature sets on Verizon vs. AT&T vs. Sprint based on the hardware)
6. Faster (2x) download speeds over the cellular network
7. Updated Bluetooth tech

I think that's a pretty good slate of improvements, better than the improvements between the 3G and 3GS.

I agree. I think that the biggest disappointment for some folks (not me) is the fact that it wasn't named iPhone5 as many folks had speculated.

That sounds about right.

We use it almost daily. It works over wifi so we are able to use it with our nephews in another state who have access to a newer iPod Touch. I find that my husband and I use it tons.

Personally, I'm looking forward to being able to use a physical button to take a picture instead of having to tap on the screen.

I currently have an iPhone 4 and am waiting to get into the apple website to order my 4s!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter