25th Ann.-2 TR w/over 1500 pics!!!!

A prayer was just answered!!!!!!! :cloud9: Mike & Derek just got called back to work full-time starting next Tuesday.....it's supposed to last into the fall (hopefully we will be able to save up the money to move!!!!)

Thanx for all the hugs, prayers & support........you are ALL THE BEST!!!!!!! :woohoo:

YAY for you Im so happy for you :banana:

So you all remember the pics & my review of the nasty motel we stayed at in April????
Here's the response back from the motel managers:

I wanted to take a moment to formally apologize for the inconvenience of your stay with us two weekends ago. As I had explained to you, we have made many attempts to deal with our persistent carpet problems. Our carpets are shampooed and washed every month. As explained, the dirt you saw on your child’s socks and feet was from the Disneyland Fireworks residual which floats around in the air. This is most unfortunate and embarrassing for us when our guests convey their concerns. We have made many attempts in the past to bring this issue up with Disneyland Sales representatives, but have not succeeded in decreasing the problem. I was surprised to read from your complaint that there was no weather strips around your door – this is something I will surely look into with our maintenance, as well as taking care of some of the other issues you had taken pictures of.
As for us being the owners of this property, please allow me to inform you that our position here is that of “Resident Managers”. This means, we are offered the job to stay here and manage the hotel for the corporate owners – our incentive is not purely to collect money and show little or no concern for our guest’s comfort. We take these complaints very seriously, and try our very best to avoid future problems.
Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope that this experience does not deter you from making future reservations with other properties around the United States. We do have a reputation to uphold, and will try our very best to repair the recent problems you encountered.

I just have to laugh that they think Disneyland should be responsible for this problem....... we've never encountered this problem with the other motel/hotels around the park.........
Bottom Line: They don't have a clue how to manage a motel or clean. It wasn't just firework soot, there was built up filth thru-out the room....not just carpets!!

Thought you'd all like to see how they responded...... I did review them on TripAdvisor...... word of mouth goes a long ways as well!!!!

If it were me I would have said "intresting since Disneyland designs it so that the firework fall out falls over fantasy land and comes from toon town" Then I would have asked how the Ramada Inn Maingate manages to keep there floors so clean being so close to the parks as well. Sounds like thats their go to excuse for why they dont clean. I know I wont stay there after your report :sad2:

Im so happy for Michayla, she looks so proud of her self and Im sure your just as proud! :lovestruc

I think Im finally caught up now you guys have an amazing family and I love reading about you guys! Good luck saving for your big move I know you can do it :wizard:

Yeah for Michayla! How exciting for both of you!

Thank you....I still get giddy when she takes off for a few steps!!!

YAY for you Im so happy for you :banana:

It was a big relief......kinda at the end of our rope!!

If it were me I would have said "intresting since Disneyland designs it so that the firework fall out falls over fantasy land and comes from toon town" Then I would have asked how the Ramada Inn Maingate manages to keep there floors so clean being so close to the parks as well. Sounds like thats their go to excuse for why they dont clean. I know I wont stay there after your report :sad2:

The whole thing was ridiculous.....I figure spreading the word to those of us that love Disneyland would help hurt their business as well as posting it with pics on tripadvisor!!!

Im so happy for Michayla, she looks so proud of her self and Im sure your just as proud! :lovestruc

I think Im finally caught up now you guys have an amazing family and I love reading about you guys! Good luck saving for your big move I know you can do it :wizard:

Definately an exciting moment for all of us!!!
Thank you....we were are motivated to make this move.....we've even thought about going into an apartment (if we can find a 4 bdrm)....it would be cheaper to get in & would give us time to get to know the area & where we would really want to live. Apartments are mostly month to month where a lot of the houses are 1 yr leases. We'll have to see what we can work out.

Diz... I just got done reading every post and I'm glad you had such wonderful trips apart from the Disney computer test(what a crock,, you can learn so much more about a person by talking to them!!) I had a ? about the twins( congrats on adoption being finalized) what is thier diagnosis? I have an 18 yr old son who was born with Congenital Rubella Syndrome( he's deaf, has cerebral palsy, autistic and severly mentally retarded..he has the mind of a 2 to 3 yr old... Dr's told us he would never communicate(he signs very well) they also told us he would never walk unassisted(he runs when he is excited) although he didnt walk independently until he was alomst 5 he is amazing and those Dr's most of the time have no clue how our kids will progress they are all different and develope on thier time not the dr's!!!

good luck with the plan to relocate..that is my dream also lol:)
and the girls are all beautiful and anthony is one handsome little man!!

Diz... I just got done reading every post and I'm glad you had such wonderful trips apart from the Disney computer test(what a crock,, you can learn so much more about a person by talking to them!!) I had a ? about the twins( congrats on adoption being finalized) what is thier diagnosis? I have an 18 yr old son who was born with Congenital Rubella Syndrome( he's deaf, has cerebral palsy, autistic and severly mentally retarded..he has the mind of a 2 to 3 yr old... Dr's told us he would never communicate(he signs very well) they also told us he would never walk unassisted(he runs when he is excited) although he didnt walk independently until he was alomst 5 he is amazing and those Dr's most of the time have no clue how our kids will progress they are all different and develope on thier time not the dr's!!!

good luck with the plan to relocate..that is my dream also lol:)
and the girls are all beautiful and anthony is one handsome little man!!

Thank you for reading my report!! The computer test was a real disappointment....especially after driving 715 miles!!

Michayla (the one that just walked) is diagnosed with Pierre Robin. This is a lot of facial issues as well as medical.....one thing happens during the pregnancy that causes the next issue & so on (snowball effect). She was born with a severely recessed jaw, which in turn didn't allow the tongue to grow out, which caused a major cleft palate (not lip). She had apnea & swallowing issues because of this. She also has an ASD & VSD (holes in heart). Because of the swallowing issues she was unable to eat orally & is g-tube fed.
Her twin, Shyann has a lot of the same issues but more minor so was not diagnosed with this.
They also are fighting some really bad genetic issues brought on from the birthparents. All 5 kids they've produced together as "trainwrecks". The drs have mentioned Opitz G-BBB as the possible genetic disorder but are not 100% sure. We may never know.
The birthparents & deep into the family they also deal with very low IQ's. So we're finding the girls are very delayed. With help that comes in to work with the girls, we were told that motor skills are at about 12-14 mths & cognative is probably closer to a 6-9 mth old. But they are moving forward!!

Your son progresses at his own pace too.....that's awesome that he runs & signs!!!!! :hug: Drs can only predict what they've seen prior & luckily our kids are proving them wrong......It's amazing what the power of love can do.

Where are you hoping to relocate to? We definately are planning to move south this summer, before school starts back up...... fingers crossed that it happens!!

Diz.. I hope to move to southern Cali. at some point... My daughter is heading down there with her best friend after her graduation next year to participate in the Disney Career Start program and she hopes to stay there after that is done she has dreamed of working for Disney since she went for her first trip at 8 yrs old so if she moves down there I'm sure her dad and I will follow!
Yes Doctors dont always know how our kids will progress which is why I wish they wouldn't be so negative about prognosis.. as they cannot predict what the future will bring...
You have your hands full with the twins, they are beautiful girls!
Our daughter who is now 17 was born almost 3 months early( she weighed 2lbs 8 ounces) and had a monitor for the first 8 months of her life for apnea.. my son has issues with apnea just begining because of his meds his weight has ballooned to over 200 pounds(which has been hard to get him to diet) It can be difficult with special needs children but I know God would never give us more thsn we can handle!!! It takes special people to raise special kids!!!!

My 19 yr old has looked into the Disney Career Start program too. He hasn't applied yet because he wouldn't want to try & go down by himself. Has your daughter been accepted yet? Or is she doing the Disney College?

I've always felt that kids were blessings & perfectly matched to the parents....there are days I'm totally frustrated & exhausted, but I wouldn't want it any other way...... (ok, maybe a tad easier)

she has done the initial application but we are waiting for her grades to improve a bit...she has one class she is struggling with the rest are A's and B's with one C- and she is trying to bring that C up to the others so she can have a good transcript to submit...she has been researching this for 3 years and is very serious about it she has talked about Disney College but hasn't gone past the talking stage.... I will support whatever she decides she wants to do, at one point she wanted to do nursing but that has since changed......

I think the Disney Career Program is awesome (if you get chosen) for kids that aren't really sure what it is they want to do. The exposure to different business areas & mentoring from Disney Execs is wonderful. The experiences they will get from the classes & working will definately give them a strong foot-hold on their futures. I really hope our son looks into again if we move down there.
I know I read that the Disney College you had to complete one term of college before applying. Don't know much more than that.

I wish you daughter luck & hope she gets the opportunity to participate!!! Keep me updated....I'll be curious how she does!

Laurie, I just read your thread from first to last page...it's a darned good thing I had Kleenex handy! You have a gift for writing TR's! And your family is gift to one another, with obviously remarkable parents. :hug:

It was a wonderful trip - so much fun to be an arm chair traveler along for the ride. Pictures are fabulous - hope you don't mind if I saved some of the DL Resort for my Resort screen-saver. :)

Congratulations on the final adoption of the twins...and look at Michayla taking those first steps!! :cheer2: What a darling! :hug: Just want to hug all those little ones.

You have a beautiful family inside and out, Laurie. Bless your hearts! :goodvibes

Is the move to CA looking like a possibility? Fingers crossed for you!

Oh, and can't wait to meet you in February on Girls Only Trip! :goodvibes

Laurie, I just read your thread from first to last page...it's a darned good thing I had Kleenex handy! You have a gift for writing TR's! And your family is gift to one another, with obviously remarkable parents. :hug:

It was a wonderful trip - so much fun to be an arm chair traveler along for the ride. Pictures are fabulous - hope you don't mind if I saved some of the DL Resort for my Resort screen-saver. :)

Congratulations on the final adoption of the twins...and look at Michayla taking those first steps!! :cheer2: What a darling! :hug: Just want to hug all those little ones.

You have a beautiful family inside and out, Laurie. Bless your hearts! :goodvibes

Is the move to CA looking like a possibility? Fingers crossed for you!

Oh, and can't wait to meet you in February on Girls Only Trip! :goodvibes

Welcome!!!! Thanks for stopping by & spending some time with my family!!!!!

I'm glad you found some pics to use..... I always try to take family & scenic pics to use for screensavers. The DLH was awesome, we spent the entire afternoon looking around...just beautiful!!!

The twins adoption took a bit longer, a few problems with the court losing paperwork & then the attorney having issues with the bar & not being able to submit paperwork for a while & then switching to a new attorney to submit paperwork...yadda yadda yadda...... Thrilled we finally got it finalized!!!!
Michayla was sooooooo proud of those first steps!!!! It really was priceless the expression on her face!

California is definately a possibility if we can get a property manager to take us on. We are renters with a superb rental history. We take very good care of the homes we've been in. The biggest issue we'll be facing is the crappy credit & not having jobs when we first come to town. We're hoping to convince them, that the rent is taken care of (with the adoption asst I receive every month) & to chance it with us. The only way we'll be able to do this, is to actually get down there & look for work. We're too far away to look for work (too expensive & a 14 hr drive to go for interviews). That's our next step. Our target move date is August 1st!!!!!!

February will be a blast.....I'm looking forward to meeting you as well. :woohoo:

Fingers crossed that everything falls into place soon and you'll find everything needed to make the move!
icon_tinkRight.gif

Have you narrowed it down to any particular areas - So CA or No CA etc? I hope you'll keep us posted..maybe a moving adventure TR? :thumbsup2

We moved from MA to NC almost 3 yrs - would not recommend that change of location to anyone. :sad2: We went from having everything handy in the city (I don't drive) to no sidewalks and no way to get around without a car. :eek:

Moving is stressful at times for sure, but can be such a fun adventure...Happy Adventure to you!! :goodvibes

Thanx!!!! We're actually wanting to move to Anaheim......close to the park!!! :banana: Got the ball rolling this morning, putting a request into a property management (that I've been following the last year online) to see if they'd be willing to work with us.

Thanx!!!! We're actually wanting to move to Anaheim......close to the park!!! :banana: Got the ball rolling this morning, putting a request into a property management (that I've been following the last year online) to see if they'd be willing to work with us.

That's great!!! :woohoo:

OK, so DL trip in March with the family
DL trip with the hopes of a job
No job
Adoption mayhem
Adoption rejoice!!
New little walker
Moving!!???

Did I miss anything? How completely totally exciting!

OK, so DL trip in March with the family
DL trip with the hopes of a job
No job
Adoption mayhem
Adoption rejoice!!
New little walker
Moving!!???

Did I miss anything? How completely totally exciting!

Nope, I think that about covers it!!!! :rotfl2:

The only thing missing is STILL the job down there. After talking with a property mgr/realtor he said we really needed someone to have a job/or would be starting once we were down there......so back to square one. We'll just keep plugging away at it & hopefully something will come up to allow us to do this move.

Your trip is sooooooo close now!!!!!! :yay:

Nope, I think that about covers it!!!! :rotfl2:

The only thing missing is STILL the job down there. After talking with a property mgr/realtor he said we really needed someone to have a job/or would be starting once we were down there......so back to square one. We'll just keep plugging away at it & hopefully something will come up to allow us to do this move.

Your trip is sooooooo close now!!!!!! :yay:

yes, it is and the kids are getting even more excited. They keep reminding me how many days are left, as if I need reminding:rotfl2:

Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy transition for you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter