Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like u had a nice time last night especially it was cold later during the night. Have fun tonight.

It must be so very nice to just "drop by" DLR for a drink and some people watching after work. What a nice way to decompress after a rough day :cutie:

It must be so very nice to just "drop by" DLR for a drink and some people watching after work. What a nice way to decompress after a rough day :cutie:

more like rough week and for me its just begining..

anyhow i am going tonight with my friend. so i will be reporting back on what we did and what not tomorrow! I will be sure you take more photos!! maybe i can get my friend to take one of me with all my "nora of the north" gear on :rotfl:..

Hey Sara if you get over in the IASW area I have a "special" photo request.
There are bushes cut to look like a sea serpent to the right of IASW. Colton was fascinated with these but since we were there during Christmas we could never get a pic due to the crowds He would love a pic of this for his shadow box collage. So if you get over there could you try and get a pic of it?

Hey Sara if you get over in the IASW area I have a "special" photo request.
There are bushes cut to look like a sea serpent to the right of IASW. Colton was fascinated with these but since we were there during Christmas we could never get a pic due to the crowds He would love a pic of this for his shadow box collage. So if you get over there could you try and get a pic of it?

yes

So this after work “trip” was a bit of spure of the moment thing. As all my Disneyland day visits, and they are just visits really, I can’t really call them trips I guess since I live so close I can just go when ever I get the motion to.

Anyhow so I had to go because I need a bit of Disney time. . And I needed to see the construction for myself on the taking down of the California letters. And the construction walls were up, there is one way in and one way out. Hey these walls are really nice to look at too!

To enter DCA you have to go to the left of the turnstyles, around the construction walls..

And to exit DCA you go to the left after the GG bridge to exit…. It sounds confusing, but really that this worked out pretty well with the construction. Which makes me think that when the entrance gets worked on it won’t be to much of a hassle…

Anyhow so I entered DCA—did my favorite thing in the world, get champagne from the wine bar and I sat at a table and people watched. I did not do any rides cause the park was going to close at 8pm, and I just did not feel like it. I was also told that night that they have a special for a limited time at the wine bar –they are serving mimosa’s and any time of the day—apparently they had so much champagne left over from NYE that they decided to do mimosa’s! I guess also DCA was not as packed as DL on NYE—or so I was told.

It was not cold last night, it was enjoyable.. but I am wuss and I had my “Nora of the north” gear on, this consists of a jacket that is fleece with a hoody that is fleece over what ever I may be wearing, plus my knitted gloves and my ear warmer headband (it’s a thick headband that looks like a headband, but goes over your ears and keeps them warm).. I was sure glad I had all that on last night (even though I probably looked ridiculous) because as I walked back to the parking structure at the end of the night (8pm) it started to drop in temp! And oh yeah the trams were PACKED at 8pm! I knew I did not have a chance at waiting so I footed it back to M&F!

Anyhow, that is it for yesterdays visit! Stay tuned tomorrow for I am going again tonight!!

GREAT "EVENING" REPORT, Sara!
:goodvibes

Ohh, the letters are now gone. :sad1: Yes, it was cold last night. :cold: Sounds like you were bundled up nicely! :goodvibes

Can't wait until TONIGHT's report! :woohoo:

SARA, First of all LOVE the pictures you added in Post 1!!! :dance3: I love your Mom and Auntie on BTM!!! (There is hope for me because I don't like rc's.) :guilty: I don't have a problem with 'SPLASH' because the drop is over in seconds ... but the up and down and round about gives me a migraine. :sad2:

Love your 2nd 'NIGHT' report!!! You are so brave to ride CS! :thumbsup2

Love your lanyard and love Elaine's hoodie! :cool1:

:dance3: Of course, we all must include a stop into SEPHORA before we leave the LAND!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Sara, when DH and I moved to CA from MA (08) we lived in Newport Beach and we would go to DL at night often! But now that we are down in SD, I am so jealous of you being able to just decide at 8pm to hit the Parks!!!!! :thumbsup2

So they are still doing TRON on Fri-Sat-Sun eves? Cool! You can really "shake what your mamma gave you" at Tron!!!!! :dance3:

Great pics!!!! :yay:

Hi Funball!

You take some really GREAT photos! I always enjoy when you post new ones:thumbsup2

I think I'm feeling a slight bit JEALOUS that you live close enough to DLR to sooooo often.:rotfl2: At least I can be there through your trip updates and photos.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter