• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

24 hours into sailing: Here are 7 ways the brand-new Disney Wish has surprised me - Points Guy (Part 1-of-2)

Watched a ride video of the Aqua Mouse. The actual water slide part is so short! I don't know what I was expecting, but I imagine it's going to be a one and done for a lot of folks, especially if they wait in a long line the first day of their cruise to ride it.
I loved the AquaMouse and it rarely had a very long line. We rode it twice in a row both times we rode.

Hi MJ, I have been waiting for your thoughts on the Wish! Thank you for sharing! Hope you are all well. :)

The ship is very beautiful but very different. I wasn't sure if I liked it but ultimately decided I did. I felt so out of place the first day or 2 because the interior is nothing like the other ships. Curvy hallways, MDR hallways that are long and end right at the elevator (Marvel). 1923 is broken up in many different more intimate rooms and not one big space. Chairs are HEAVY!! Marceline Market is definitely an upgrade to Cabanas. Festival of foods (the quick serve area is wonderful).....good pizza, great Mexican (tacos, burritos and bowls), a really good BBQ with ribs, brisket, mac n cheese, cornbread, etc and several different BBQ sauce, better burgers and hot dogs and chicken fingers and pizza. Kids Clubs on Deck 2 are awesome. The slide is not an eye sore at all in the Grand Hall (that don't call it the atrium). The laundry room is great. Took me awhile to figure out the pool situation but decided I liked all the different options. The Cove Cafe pool is very small but there are five pools mid ship of all varying depths. Two that are 4.5 ft on Deck 13, Two that are only 6 inches on Deck 12 and one that 2 ft. on Deck 11. These pools are all in the same area and a short flight of stairs from one another. There is another 2 ft. one on Deck 13 under the Funnel Vision. Another family pool all the way forward. The kids splash area is really nice and Toy Story themed.

Hero Zone is a cool space. The Vibe and the Hideaway were great for the teens.

Plenty of bars and lounges. I really like the Keg and Compass pub. We were told they will limit the sports shown in there as it is not supposed to be a sports bar. The decor is great. Luna (the show lounge where Match your Mate and other game shows are held is a 2 story venue like a theatre in the round. It also has monitors all around so if your seat is not in a direct sight line to the stage you can still see what is happening. Hyperspace Lounge was overrated IMO. We waited for reservations and was underwhelmed when we went in. Its cool but not worth all the Hype. They should have decorated it more like the Star Wars Cargo Bay in the kids club. That had great theming.

I'll post more when I remember things (I have to download all the pics...i used a digital camera and not my phone for most pics).

MJ

For those who may not know, Pink and Ooh La La also have a popsicle-based drink. It’s called an ice-pop, and is a glass of champagne with a fruit (such as strawberry or lime) flavored popsicle. It’s quite yummy.
This is a very good drink. It quickly became a favorite and the bartenders would let me pick the popsicle.

Hi mouse37 can you answer a few questions or really anyone that has been on Wish or currently onboard? Was there a spa package offered the first day? If so, do you remember what was offered? Also is all the dark wood gone and replaced with white walls? It makes me sad that it looks less nautical especially in the concierge area! Thanks for any info!

The ship is gorgeous with many beautiful and innovative spaces but it took me until the last day to decide I actually liked it. It is so very different on the inside than other DCL ships and I needed time to process it.
Your down-to-earth reports have made me feel better about giving her a try. At first I thought, not for me, but I've decided to sail a 3-night just to see for myself what it's like. Inside stateroom in February, so not spending too much in case I don't really like it. Castaway Cay will be there, regardless, and it will be good to get out of the cold. I'm sure there will be lots of beautiful touches that I'll enjoy seeing onboard.

Hi mouse37 can you answer a few questions or really anyone that has been on Wish or currently onboard? Was there a spa package offered the first day? If so, do you remember what was offered? Also is all the dark wood gone and replaced with white walls? It makes me sad that it looks less nautical especially in the concierge area! Thanks for any info!

Sorry...the only places we didn't get a chance to check out was the Spa and Fitness Center.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter