24 hour event solo traveler

soarin2horizons

Earning My Ears
Ok... I've never written a travel report, but it was such an amazing night I feel compelled. i'll keep it pretty straight forward for times sake :)

First off, yes I was there the entire 24 hours... I was in line at 5:30am and left the park at about 6:30am, didn't hop, didn't leave... felt that if you're doing it.. you're doing it!

The week of I snagged FP+ reservations for DSMT, SM, GtMR, and a 1:30 BOG lunch res. Whoa! I was flipping out. Now that took many hours of checking and rechecking, but the diligence paid off!

So cut to the park opening... we all run through the gates. I don't need to worry about A&E or SDMT so I knock out PP and Splash all before 630. I proceed to run all the rides that I wouldn't want to wait in line for. Things I haven't done in years. Teacups, speedway, astro, stitch, dumbo, barnstomer... all done. My goal was to ride every single attraction at least once. So I was knocking out the ones that didn't interest me as much while the lines were low. I was so scared of the on on-slot of people that I heard come to these events later in the day. Once the heat of the day started to kick up I moved my strategy into a more "show oriented" touring plan. So knocked out presidents, COP, MILF, MP... etc. I was rocking out attractions. Super easy as a solo traveler. I even had a great lunch at BOG. Then followed it up with a nice trip on IASWAA. I eventually did every single attraction in the park. I did not to the sorcerers of the magic kingdom, because it's stupid :) I did the Pirates adventure which was awesome and everything else.

The magic kingdom was in great shape. The ride were looking fresh and ready to go for the summer. The park was clean and the staff seemed prepared for the event. I've heard horror stories about past 24 hour events.

Many additional restaurants were open... IE diamond horseshoe and Tortuga Tavern.... which was awesome.

I had the best time ever and Disney did no wrong. I truly feel as if they learned from the past events and finally put together a fully functional 24 hour event. Maybe I'm too generous, but I loved ever second.

Can't wait till next year!
Go Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter