24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

Yeah, mine is the Select One Experience kind where the only option is Wishes. I'm a little concerned that that mean there will be even more people in the FP area than normal because people picked up the fps that were taken from us when the glitch was fixed and now they are giving out more to compensate us. Hopefully that isn't the case, but you never know.

I just decided to skip it that night. Thankfully I had booked one for the following night. My daughter and I had decided to sleep in late Saturday and then go to Mickey's BBQ. After the BBQ we are going back to MK to relax and watch Wishes with, hopefully, a LOT less people in the FP section. I'm afraid of the overbooking, too, so I'm not calling to request that the Wishes FP be added back. I think it was a glitch to be gin with. When I first booked my FPs there were none available. Then a few days later, I kept reading on the boards that everyone was getting them, so I went into MDE and grabbed a couple. I think it may be wall to wall and shoulder to shoulder in the Wishes FP area that night. So I will be glad to wait until the next night when it's hopefully not as crowded throughout the park.

Yeah, mine is the Select One Experience kind where the only option is Wishes. I'm a little concerned that that mean there will be even more people in the FP area than normal because people picked up the fps that were taken from us when the glitch was fixed and now they are giving out more to compensate us. Hopefully that isn't the case, but you never know.
I have that same concern. This will be my first time to use a FP for Wishes so I have no idea what to expect. I plan to get there early. I realize that won't keep me from being crammed in like a sardine but I just want to be sure to get in with no issues.

I called and was able to get the 4th FP for wishes as well. Since it's no longer taking up my usual 3, I'll check it out & if it's too packed, we will probably do something else during wishes & catch it another night. Thanks everyone for the help!

Was able to have it added back on. She said the glitch ran over multiple days so and initially tried to have it added for tonight. If you had planned on FP for Wishes at all, I would double-check and make sure it's still there.

We are local and go often, so that might be part of my reasoning here, but I do not get the point of a fastpass for wishes for 24 hour day. After you use your 3 fastpasses, you can then keep getting one at a time. If you have a 9pm fastpass for wishes, there is a bunch of time that you are standing in lines that you would not necessarily need to be in. This is our second year doing this, we will be at MK at 5:30ish and hangout until 8:45 then head to AK with 3 fast passes, then pop over to hollywood and grab a fastpass for rockin roller coaster, then epcot for standby soarin and test track and some lunch. Back to hollywood to use the fast pass. Then either back to MK to grab another fp or grab a swim in the pool at the hotel for an hour or so. Then onto MK for the rest of the evening. Last year we ended up using 12 or 13 fastpasses, not all were needed, but why not. Anyway, that is my thoughts on selecting fastpasses for the evening. Plus, wasnt there two wishes and two msep last year, plenty of places to see them both. But, if it was not so close and easily accessible throughout the year, I may change my thoughts.

For us, we are going at rope drop & taking advantage of less lines, then leaving & resting/swimming, etc. We're returning just before wishes to use our FP & then we have our next 3 set up consecutively after that. I have teenage boys that want to be there all night (we'll see if they make it) & that's the way they want to do it. For them the fun is being there all night, not so much a full 24 hours.

This is our second year doing this, we will be at MK at 5:30ish ...?we ended up using 12 or 13 fastpasses, not all were needed, but why not. Anyway, that is my thoughts on selecting fastpasses for the evening.
Thanks for sharing your experience, still trying to figure our approach out.

For us, we are going at rope drop & taking advantage of less lines, then leaving & resting/swimming, etc. We're returning just before wishes to use our FP & then we have our next 3 set up consecutively after that. I have teenage boys that want to be there all night (we'll see if they make it) & that's the way they want to do it. For them the fun is being there all night, not so much a full 24 hours.

Yes! This is our plan too. Plus, we are ONLY going for this 24 hour event. I went back-and-forth, and I decided it was worth it to get a FP for wishes. Then our other FPs are after wishes. Based on what I read, it seems likely that overnight will have the larger crowds.

Thanks all. Mine now shows up as options too. But I assume I show up at the same time? Bonus, I got to keep my M&G FP too it seems, which I had changed from Mickey to Tink.

Well that was fun.... Got an email about the Wishes FP changing a few nights ago, like the rest of ya I just got off the phone and they fixed the error (only took 15 minutes b/c I was the first one to call this phone rep about it, plus I had an issue with my magic band) and added another FP as well (extra Flight on Peter Pan? Don't mind if I do!). Totally worth the phone call. Still concerned that I will show up for Wishes and there will be some sort of "glitch" but it's not the end of the world as I will see it again on that following Tuesday.

But to make matters worse, my magic band was supposedly "delivered last Saturday" (even though I was home that entire day) and I never got it. USPS said it was delivered but I think someone stole the package off my front door step >:((I don't live in the nicest part of town). So in case it ever happens to you, for future reference, Disney will either "cancel" that band and mail you a new one or kindly suggest you pick it up at check-in haha Just fyi :-)

Just a reminder that IF our FP works and people would like to try and have an unofficial mini "meet up", I will try and be in the back corner (closest to Main St.) on the West Side (in front of Casey's) if people want to watch Wishes together. I haven't shopped yet, but I am trying to bound as Christopher Robin, or look for a tripod and a lime green Mickey on my camera bag.

@StLDisFan That sounds like a nightmare not getting your MB. I'm glad they are going to replace it. Thanks for the tip.

A Wishes meet up sounds fun! I will keep an eye out for Christopher Robin. :) My husband and I will be wearing matching Beauty and the Beast shirts.

Can I leave my car parked at Epcot when it closes for the night and take the monorail to MK? Will my car get towed? How late does the Epcot loop run?

We had a MB snafu too...I have a split stay and realized my second set of Magic Bands hadn't shipped (I'm not sure I really understand if I need both sets?). I didn't see the second set or how to confirm shipping on them until I scoured my email.

I had them customized, but we changed the location of our second stay and the TA canceled out the res and made a new one, so I guess I had to redo the customization.

*whew*

Last edited:
Just catching up on the thread. PJs sound great. I'm eating at Boma at 4:30 PM I think, then going over. Do you think eating there in PJ attire would be okay? Is it still very hot in the evening?

I am going to have to find PJs for my son. His are too warm for FL. :P

@StLDisFan That sounds like a nightmare not getting your MB. I'm glad they are going to replace it. Thanks for the tip.

A Wishes meet up sounds fun! I will keep an eye out for Christopher Robin. :) My husband and I will be wearing matching Beauty and the Beast shirts.

Ehh it's all good, these things happen. I'm just glad I started prepping for the trip today. I was thinking to myself... "hrrrmmm that MB never showed up, what gives". But a simple phone call resolved it, so no worries :-)

And yes, if you guys are free and care to join me/whoever for Wishes, that'd be great! I just figured a bunch of us will be there, why not share the moment together. Just something low-key if people were interested. Hope to see ya there!

Can I leave my car parked at Epcot when it closes for the night and take the monorail to MK? Will my car get towed? How late does the Epcot loop run?

That's a good question. I have been curious about this too, leaving your car over night in one of the parking lots. Anyone have any answers/experience with it? I'm flying down so I won't have a car this time around, but I'd be curious to know if they tow it or write a ticket or maybe just give you a one day grace period. Anyone know?

I'll keep an eye out for Christopher Robin and a tripod. DGD and I are doing the PJ thing. I have some Pink/Black/White pj's with bows so it will be rather Minnie like. Not sure which DGD will pick. She has a beautiful Elsa nightgown. DH is a party pooper and he will be in his usual shorts and UT T-shirt.

We'll be at MK till after FOF. We'll head back to CR to swim and nap and come back just in time for Wishes. I figure even if it's wall to wall people we can still go in and stand there and still be better off than if we were just in the street. We'll stay as late as we can. We'll sleep in very late on Saturday

Would it be better/easier to just park at TTC, take the monorail to Epcot and then monorail to MK? At least one less thing to worry about with the car at TTC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter