• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

21 Days And Counting!!!!

Gupbrat

Earning My Ears
I'm leaving in 21 days and need help getting into the mood. I'm still a little nervous about flying and not nearly as excited as I would have been if all these terrible things didn't happen in our country. The best part of all this is since Delta changed my flight to a later time on my departure--source of alot of stress-- I'm staying an extra day at AKL Savannah room!! So fellow DIS's give me some great things to think about and some great ideas about AKL!!!!! :jester:

Originally posted by Gupbrat
I'm leaving in 21 days and need help getting into the mood. I'm still a little nervous about flying and not nearly as excited as I would have been if all these terrible things didn't happen in our country. The best part of all this is since Delta changed my flight to a later time on my departure--source of alot of stress-- I'm staying an extra day at AKL Savannah room!! So fellow DIS's give me some great things to think about and some great ideas about AKL!!!!! :jester:

I have just returned from Florida after flying out on the 21st September and I was terrified!! If there was any way that I could have cancelled without loosing all our money (there was 9 of us travelling) I would have done. However, this is the safest time to fly and security is very very tight. Everyone I spoke to reasured me and I knew I had no choice but to go. It has proved to be the best holiday I have ever had and I am now planning another trip next year!

After 2 years of planning we leave in 58 days. The kids are excited but my husband and I just can't seem to get into the Disney spirit again. One minute I'm thinking of Disney and the next I'm hoping while I'm gone that everthing goes okay. We do not want to put our children in danger. I have told my husband that if it's our time then it does not matter if we are home or not. The kids say fly & my husband says drive. Our tickets are non refundable so I say fly. It's to close to cancel and I think we all really do want to go. We just need to get into the right frame of mind.
Let me know what helps get you into the Disney mood so we can try it.

well, we just flew down on 9/27 for a long weekend. It doesn't take much to get me in the Disney mood. Thinking of Main Street USA, the monorail, the kids faces and excitement when they see the characters and go on rides. The smell of the food. The overall ambience of Disney. It seems, to me anyway, that when I'm at Disney, all of "the other" thoughts, what ever they might be, temporarily escape me.

Not that I'm counting but:

36 Days 18 Hrs 52 Mins 17 Secs

Hi Gupbrat,

I leave in 20 days and will be there 11/4-11/14, at AKL from 11/9-11/12 - maybe I will see you there!

I have planned/saved for this trip for so long, I am VERY excited and I am not one bit scared about going down there from Colorado.

My suggestions are: Go look at websites(mousesavers has tons) with pics of AKL and plan your days there, make your PS's,figure out what you are going to be doing each day you are there, look up the word "secrets" on this board and jot down all the wonderful secrets you can discover while you are there that other great Disers were willing to share, go buy a new outfit to wear out to dinner, go the The Disney Store and buy some pajamas and most of all........

Turn off the TV!

With doing all the above my mind is totally preoccupied with my trip I don't have time to think of anything else.
I know there is no place I would rather be right now than Walt Disney World!!!
Yes, it's true I have to take a plane to get there but I feel I have a better chance of winning the lottery than having a terrorist on board.
Just my 2 cents!

Thanks all, 12 more days from today and my emotions go up and down. The next positive thing to happen is the Delta airfare went down and I'm getting $15 dollars back on 4 tickets!:D I'm still very nervous but not really aobut flying. I live near Trenton and that's where all the letters are coming from! I'm at the point now that I'm taking my family and we are going to the happiest place on earth and NOTHING is going to ruin my good time!!!! I'm tired of not sleeping and bad dreams and it's time for good things to start happening!
THE SUITCASES ARE OUT AND THE CLOTHES ARE GOING IN---WOOHOO!!!!

We went to WDW five days after the attack. It was hard to go, but once we were there, the "real world" disappeared. Have a great time, and enjoy the days leading up to it. Ths planning and anticipation are half the fun. Know that you're helping the economy. You'll have a great time, and you'll be safe. They say now is the safest time to travel.

I wish I were going again soon. My next trip is so far away, we haven't even set dates yet. (However, I do have annual passes, so, hopefully, we will be going before 9/16/02 :D )

Just got back 4 days ago from the Wilderness Lodge. I was afraid to fly but I had my prescription for Zanax with me. As one poster said before we left "we're going either to the happiest place on earth - or the happiest place off earth"! We found Mickey. It wasnt my time yet to see my dad again.

...but after being on the Dis for and hour or so I'm getting a little excited. My oldest son (19) is in the US Army and deployed to Egypt on 10/02---not a word from him yet. I really wanted to just cancel, even if it meant losing all of our money. Just not in the mood to celebrate. Now I think I'll take your advice and "get away from it all" for awhile. Hubby is staying home just in case our son calls. I was even able to call and get a few PS tonight (thought I'd waited too long). Our younger 2 children will probably have a wonderful time, so I better buck up and get with the program. I'm glad I have the Dis to visit and "get away" for a little while. ºoº

Have a wonderful vacation! And just keep thinking about that extra day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter