2025 - Free Water Park Day for Resort Guests on Check-in Day!

I certainly wouldn’t read too much in to this. It costs them virtually nothing, it feels like a perk to guests, that encourages on site stays, it helps fill water parks now that it appears there will finally be two open and folks spend $ there.

For quite awhile now I’ve gotten lots of emails trying to get me to add Waterparks to my AP and others trying to sell me a FL Season pass. My guess is they need more bodies in those parks to keep them both open.

I suggest they fix the bus issue as current is not desirable.

“Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests arriving in 2025 can enjoy admission to one of the water parks, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park,on their check-in day. This is a new perk that’s included in stays.

Notably, room-only reservations, vacation packages and Disney Vacation Club stays on points will all be eligible–but all guests must be on the reservation.”

Per Disney Tourist

Thanks for mentioning DVC point stays!

None of these are part of the announcement.

I think most people who arrive in time are excited to head to the parks so I'll happily try this out. Especially as the water parks tend to clear out mid-afternoon so for us it's a great way to start our Disney vacay without needing to pay for a WP ticket!

This would be ideal for us, since we always fly down on the first flight of the day and typically hit property by 11am, if traffic isn't bad from MCO. We always drop our stuff off at Bell Services and go hit up a park. The water parks I think are ideal for this because neither are full day experiences (at least for us), and lots of people like to go to Disney Springs on arrival day anyway--hitting up Typhoon Lagoon for a couple hours and then grabbing something to eat at DS before heading back to the resort sounds like a fun arrival day!

We were talking about this in another thread, but I think this perk is actually even better for split stays. We did TL for the first time last year and absolutely would have moved it to the day we switched to Poly from YC had this been available then. We're definitely talking about this as we start planning for next year.

What a joke

Still waiting on the genie plus changes announced almost a year ago that haven't came.

Zero reason not to just make this a perk now.

Not to deflect (I apologize) but the same article I quoted from believes ticket prices might jump, soon. 😐 In case anyone is pondering buying some.

There is definitely a reason to not make it a perk now. Only 1 water park is currently open at a time.

Don't count on both being open in 2025. They should both be open in 2024 if that is the case. And its more of stop telling us good things you want to do a year from now and start nice things now.

Love that they’re offering this! We take a red eye from the west coast and are usually at the resort between 8am and 9am. Gives us time to snag breakfast and relax at the water parks! We’ve done this previously on our arrival day and now we get it included.

Will this deal have people splitting thier reservations into two segments, exactly alike with resort and room categories, and just hoping to not have to really "check out" during the split?

Will this deal have people splitting thier reservations into two segments, exactly alike with resort and room categories, and just hoping to not have to really "check out" during the split?
I'm going to guess this wouldn't work - if you asked to not have to move rooms between the two reservations, you wouldn't have a new 'check in' day. As stated, it will work with true split stays.

I also think this might change some people's arrival day strategy, in that ppl arriving on a late flight or from long road trip may opt to stay at a cheap airport or other hotel nearby, and then arrive to their disney hotel bright and early on check in day for their free waterpark day. A lot of people already hate 'wasting' arrival day.

It's a nice little perk sure, but the bigger news is that 2025 rooms and packages are going to be available starting tomorrow! This usually doesn't happen until late June.

It's a nice little perk sure, but the bigger news is that 2025 rooms and packages are going to be available starting tomorrow! This usually doesn't happen until late June.
True. Very odd. Wonder what's behind this so early?

True. Very odd. Wonder what's behind this so early?
Some people are already booking for 2025 and it's an incentive for people to book earlier. Plus it takes time for the work of this perk to spread.

As for what is behind it, there could be multiple reasons:

- This is an incentive for someone on the fence between an onsite or offsite stay.
- It brings more attention and exposure to the water parks, which may need more guests. You get a free taste in 2025 and you may pay to return.
- If the water parks are underutilized, it isn't a big hit to Disney revenue.
- This is likely a perk that will be favored by families with kids, who would be buying more tickets and meals and taking a bit of pressure off of the theme parks on their check-in day.
- Disney is competing with other theme parks and vacation venues, and a little perk can move the needle just enough to convince someone to book a Disney stay over a competitor.

Some people are already booking for 2025 and it's an incentive for people to book earlier. Plus it takes time for the work of this perk to spread.

As for what is behind it, there could be multiple reasons:

- This is an incentive for someone on the fence between an onsite or offsite stay.
- It brings more attention and exposure to the water parks, which may need more guests. You get a free taste in 2025 and you may pay to return.
- If the water parks are underutilized, it isn't a big hit to Disney revenue.
- This is likely a perk that will be favored by families with kids, who would be buying more tickets and meals and taking a bit of pressure off of the theme parks on their check-in day.
- Disney is competing with other theme parks and vacation venues, and a little perk can move the needle just enough to convince someone to book a Disney stay over a competitor
It also spreads crowds out. People who may have gone to a park on that day might go to a water park. Take advantage of that capacity. Now it’s not a huge shift obviously but it might take the load from something like a big ride closure in 2025 to make way for expansions.
It would make sense with all the investment happening that they will have to close some things down. Lowering the capacity in the park. So spread it out a tiny bit with the water parks. I stress tiny. But maybe meaningful.
Just a thought.

It could also be due to low attendance at the water parks. If they give people a free pass they are more likely to spend on food, drinks and merchandise. Win win for Disney.

Disney could also be expecting lower bookings in 2025 so they’re starting off with an incentive and see how it goes.

I haven’t been to a Disney water park since 2003. We are planning on going in 2025 and may try this out.

It’s probably not much of a benefit or incentive for people booking during the winter/cooler months. Pools are often empty when the temps dip. I can’t imagine anyone opting to go to a water park If they think it’s too cold to swim. In the resort pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter