2024 vacation plans

We are thinking of Vietnam. Anyone have any experience planning a Vietnam vacation?

Road trip from Los Angeles to Bandon, OR over spring break, THailand elephant volunteering in June, Two weeks in Africa in July-Kenya, Tanzania, and Zanzibar; Bogota, Colombia in September for a conference, and then New Zealand in November to see my favorite band-COLD PLAY. I am at the YOLO phase of my life!

Road trip from Los Angeles to Bandon, OR over spring break, THailand elephant volunteering in June, Two weeks in Africa in July-Kenya, Tanzania, and Zanzibar; Bogota, Colombia in September for a conference, and then New Zealand in November to see my favorite band-COLD PLAY. I am at the YOLO phase of my life!
Tell me more!

I love your travel style China Expat! Hope to taking similar itineraries in a few years when we retire!!

Just came off of a horrible cruise where I ended up in Quarantine with RSV. No more cruises. I am done. We are doing a New England road trip this summer. No boats of any kind planned. :)

I appreciate someone else still pondering.

We're pondering, too!

Because of different work & farm commitments we need to wait until later this spring before we can book. Pretty much sure we are going to either do 8-10 days in Edinburgh or a week there and then tack on a few nights in London. Looking at the fall, although December interests us as well.

So let's see...
Jan/Feb 5 nights @ WDW (taking 4 adult kids, pray for my wallet!!)
early March - 2 or 3 nights in Ft. Myers after a work conference in Orlando, I'll meet my husband there probably
mid-March - 2 nights in Nashville for another work thing
Mid-August - 4 or 5 nights in either Idaho or Colorado, another work thing that my husband will join me for
Fall/late Fall - Scotland
January, 2025 - possibly another Viking River cruise

Originally there was only one trip planned and that is to Paris for an early graduation gift to my daughter.

However, thanks to some low point redemption flights on JetBlue, I was able to book a flight to SFO for my daughter and I to visit a friend I haven't seen in 8 years.

I also used JetBlue points and a credit about to expire to book me, my daughter and added my older sister on to our trip to MCO for a week at Disney. My sister is getting this as a Christmas gift since her now ex boyfriend was going to take her to Disney in January and that's obviously not happening. We're not going until August, but she is beyond thrilled to get to go back.

I know I will be planning a two week trip to Japan in the fall. A few days in Tokyo, Tokyo Disneyland, Osaka, and one of a few small towns in the mountains.

I also have a week of time in the summer that I haven't really planned yet. Maybe Banff or a cruise, depending on what's available.

And last, I'm planning a long weekend in Glacier with some college friends who love to backpack and hike. Probably a 4 to 5 day weekend in September.

I'll probably throw in a Disney World trip somewhere too, maybe for another long weekend where I can work remote during the day and do parties at night.

No set plans but thinking:
Trip to Vegas in the Spring just DH and I
Family trip to NYC and/or Montreal in August.
Anniversary getaway 2-3 nights to resort or spa within the province or just across border at WA.

Big trip will be Japan in 2025.

WDW in January. We just went last January so it feels like we were just there- normally this would be a somewhere-else-year like a National Park. But DD25's fiancé wasn't able to go last time and next month both girls and both fiancés are able to go so we're going for it before the weddings, moves, and new jobs begin.

Tell me more!
Check out Elephantnaturepark.org It's a rescue with 120 abused elephants rescued from the cruel tourism trade. I do the 7 day volunteer program, $400 for one week-full room and board. THIS EXPERIENCE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I have now gone for one or two weeks the last five years. Awesome people and amazing elephants given a second chance in life.

Check out Elephantnaturepark.org It's a rescue with 120 abused elephants rescued from the cruel tourism trade. I do the 7 day volunteer program, $400 for one week-full room and board. THIS EXPERIENCE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. I have now gone for one or two weeks the last five years. Awesome people and amazing elephants given a second chance in life.
That looks amazing! Thank you.

We're taking my mother to Hawaii in May for 2 week-- Big Island and Oahu (she's never been so is excited)

DD and I are going to Nashville in late May for a long weekend for Crimecon.

DH and I were just talking last night about where else to go next year. We typically do a week at Hilton Head Island but not sure about next year yet. DH want's to do a cruise or something too.

We didn't make any until now - we've been working through a home reno for the past 3 months that we can now hopefully see the end of. We made some decisions over the holidays and booking/plans are underway:

1. Early February 4-day trip to Oklahoma City to catch a basketball game (Toronto Raptors vs OKC Thunder - go Raps!!) and drive north to Wichita to visit a dear friend.
2. September cruise through the Maritime provinces, departing from and returning to Boston. This one will be special because my remaining siblings will be joining us. Never in our lives have we ever travelled together and this will very likely be a one-and-done, so we're all pretty excited.

We have 2 cruises — Disney and Royal. We are going to Disneyland over the summer. Lots of little Disney/Universal trips planned (we are semi-local).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter