2023 When Will Your Christmas Tree Go Up?

I Love Christmas!! Like, Love-Love Christmas. If it were socially acceptable, I would keep it up all year long. But, alas, it must come down.
So, I put away Halloween yesterday and put up Thanksgiving decorations today. I usually do Christmas right after Thanksgiving but the last couple of years, Ive been hosting Thanksgiving dinner so this year I'm thinking I will put the tree up the week before so everyone can see it but it will be a kind of weird mix of Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations. Thanksmas? Christgiving?

I used to put it up right after Thanksgiving. The last few years I have either been working or we have been traveling right after Thanksgiving. Last year, we were at WDW and I came home with Covid so the tree didn’t go up until maybe mid-December? I really disliked that so this year I’m going to put up the tree the day before Thanksgiving but leave the lights off. Then, since it’s just our family off 5 I’ll let the kids put up the ornaments on Thanksgiving night and turn it on.

I will put the tree up the week before so everyone can see it but it will be a kind of weird mix of Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations. Thanksmas? Christgiving?
I would think that your Thanksgiving and Xmas decorations would complement each other. What exactly are thanksgiving decorations?

I would think that your Thanksgiving and Xmas decorations would complement each other. What exactly are thanksgiving decorations?
Thanksgiving is mostly a fall theme. We put out a cornucopia on the kitchen island, that's it for Thanksgiving decorations.

My kids are adamant that Thanksgiving NOT get crowded out by Christmas, so we typically start Christmas decorating on Black Friday. If it were up to me, I'd rather start sooner, just because we decorate a LOT for Christmas. But, I can see the kids' point about Thanksgiving getting neglected.

Growing up our family would go to the Christmas tree farm the day after Thanksgiving to find and tag our tree.

For us kids that would be the only time we saw the tree until we got up on Christmas morning and there it was, in the living room, fully decorated.

Putting up and decorating the tree after the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve was something we too did for a number of years. With a 12 - 14 foot tree it really made for some late nights.

But, the look on the kids faces on Christmas morning was priceless.

When the kids got older we went to putting it up a few days before Christmas and it comes down on New Years Day. To us there's nothing really special on Christmas about a tree you've already been looking at for a month and a half.

I am not sure what else is going on in your life but this elf like quality makes you amazing, go you spreading the cheer!🏅
Thanks! It's definitely a morale-booster! It's a 10-year tradition at this point and so many people look forward to it and talk about it all-year-long that I keep doing it. I actually got pulled into it early this year thanks to our son. He was hired for a new job (same agency) in a different location and all of his coworkers were so bummed they would miss this year's Christmas cookies. So, I pullled out the Halloween sprinkles and sent some of the favorites in during his last couple of weeks. 🎃 :santa:

We have a sitch with cats and the tree. They couldn't stay out of it last year, we had to take it down. Today, we brought in just the bottom part of the tree. They were curious about us bringing it in from the garage, but so far have managed to stay out of it. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic, but that's too strong of a term. I think I'm just cautious.

I’ve got 13 of them up already, which is not as impressive as it sounds. They’re all pre-decorated and rolled into place. The biggest one that we actually have to assemble and decorate will be going up Sunday and there’s a little kitchen tree that will get decorated with edible ornaments sometime in mid-December. You know, when I have the spare time to be making edible ornaments. 😒 :laughing:

I always try to have everything, or very close to it, done by December 1st but this year I’m trying to get it done even sooner since we’re going out of town next week for Thanksgiving break and I’ll be losing a big chunk of my Christmas-prep time.

I’ve also got my eye on two new trees for the dining room that I’m hoping to get on a Black Friday deal. 👀

Lord willing, the middle weekend in December, which would be my usual time. BUT we have just recently moved to a new home and unfortunately, the planned reno has not gone entirely well. The last hurdle is completely re-doing the kitchen and the cabinets are now scheduled to arrive on November 26 and the demolition won’t start until they are actually in the warehouse. We’re also still waiting for custom furniture that’s been delayed 10 weeks from the original delivery date. Our living room decor currently lawn furniture. :laughing:

Until it’s all completely done, nothing here is settled and I’m not going to try and decorate a construction site. :scared: When the time comes, I just hope I can find the boxes!

I remember the new-home days of lawn furniture in the living room. :goodvibes You’ll get there. In the meantime, might I suggest
D6ECD7BE-4E6D-44AE-B6BE-9005DF6E4456.jpeg

We always put it up this weekend so its up for Thanksgiving and decorated, and we always leave for wdw on nov 25 so it is nice to come home too.

If we're at WDW for Thanksgiving (every other year or two) I like it all up before we go because the parks and resorts are all decorated. If we're home, the day after Thanksgiving. This year we're hosting a bunch of out of town family so we'll see, it may have to wait another day or two. I want lights up as soon as possible. I LOVE Christmas lights.

Usually the second week in December. Since we have gotten cats though it doesn't have any ornaments on it. Just the tree and lights. Are there any real ways to keep them off it? I love my vintage Shiny Bright ornaments but I'm too scared to put them on.

We tie up our tree with thin green wire (maybe florist wire?). It's practically invisible to the eye. That goes on, before any ornaments. We've had a number of spectacular tree falls through the years, thanks to our kitties. You can almost see them plotting...

My SIL sent a video last night of my BIL & niece putting up their tree...and here I am trying to figure out what my Thanksgiving table set up:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter