2023 When Will Your Christmas Tree Go Up?

Mid-November we had gotten a new tree IIRC it was last year that we got it at Costco. Our Balsam Hill one went wonky years before it should have and we bit the bullet and got a new tree.

One day we'll put up the tree and indoor decorations and the other day we'll put up the outside lights. Depending on the weather it can be a few days before or after the 15th of the month when we can have outdoor lights up in the neighborhood.

I kinda would like to do more outdoor decor beyond a garden flag, wreaths and lights plus the blue cherry blossom light up tree that is pretty much on its last leg so we'll see if anything strikes my fancy out and about. I always see stuff at Costco I would love to have but can't get myself to spend that much money on them. I've seen a life size nutcracker I've really wanted and then those large ceramic ornament balls if you know what I'm referring to.

Mid-November we had gotten a new tree IIRC it was last year that we got it at Costco. Our Balsam Hill one went wonky years before it should have and we bit the bullet and got a new tree.

One day we'll put up the tree and indoor decorations and the other day we'll put up the outside lights. Depending on the weather it can be a few days before or after the 15th of the month when we can have outdoor lights up in the neighborhood.

I kinda would like to do more outdoor decor beyond a garden flag, wreaths and lights plus the blue cherry blossom light up tree that is pretty much on its last leg so we'll see if anything strikes my fancy out and about. I always see stuff at Costco I would love to have but can't get myself to spend that much money on them. I've seen a life size nutcracker I've really wanted and then those large ceramic ornament balls if you know what I'm referring to.
Sometimes you can find some decent outdoor Christmas decorations at dollar tree like big snowflakes, bows, tinsel etc.
The cost of some of the bigger items is crazy. I was at Home Depot the other day and they had a really creepy Jack frost life-size animatronic for the yard in the Christmas stuff. It looked more like a Halloween decoration.

Here's the link to it comeplete with video :crazy:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Ac...ed-LED-Jack-Frost-23SV23785/325055515#overlay

Last edited:

Sometimes you can find some decent outdoor Christmas decorations at dollar tree like big snowflakes, bows, tinsel etc.
The cost of some of the bigger items is crazy. I was at Home Depot the other day and they had a really creepy Jack frost life-size animatronic for the yard in the Christmas stuff. It looked more like a Halloween decoration.
That's a good point about Dollar Tree we have one near us but it's been a bit since we've been in. I tend to forget about them for a place to go but I know I've gotten some things here and there in the past.

I would def. not want something creepy for Christmas

Last 7-8 years or so, we've made it a tradition to put it up on or around Veteran's Day/that weekend. Planning on that again this year! I think we're using the same old tree, although we keep saying 'this will be the last year for it, and we're getting a new one next year...'

Ours has been up since the last week of September. Lights are on it (came prelit), but no ornaments yet. We'll decorate it Thanksgiving weekend. I just wanted some cheery lighting in the living room, so I pushed it early. Plus, we bought the tree after Christmas last year, so I wanted to make sure everything worked.

We get a real tree and put it up 1-2 weeks before Christmas. Other decorations may go up earlier.

When I was growing up, my family’s tradition was to always put up the tree on Christmas Eve.

I'm in the trenches, trying to keep the Christmas music off the office radio until after Thanksgiving!
Godspeed.
icegif-557.gif

Our trees will go up Thanksgiving weekend. We usually put up a real one in our main living room and a smaller fake one in the room my son watches TV/plays in. Thanksgiving decorations will come down that weekend and other Christmas decorations will go up around the house. Outside lights depend on the weather. I usually try to wait for a "warm" dry day.

Thanksgiving week. We are hosting our extended family Christmas party the 1st weekend in December. It's an artificial tree. I will also decorate the house. Fortunately I am a less is more decorator. I will get a wreath for the front door right after Thanksgiving,.We sometimes get a real tree for another room. If we do it will be after the party. Not enough time to do both.
Due to allergies the real tree goes in the front room, while the artificial one is in the family room where we spend our time. I'll put a table top ceramic Christmas tree on top of a table at the front window for the party. It belonged to my Maternal Grandparents. It will get moved if we get a real tree.

Attachments

• 20211221_181947.jpg
    20211221_181947.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Not until mid December. We don’t like the tree up too early.

@ronandannette , didn’t you bring any of your old house furniture with you?
Only our bedroom furniture and a credenza for the foyer. The new place is VERY different than the old one and none of it would have worked very well. We had a bit of the reno budget left over for new stuff, which seemed like a great idea at the time. :laughing: And interestingly, when we bought the place, we liked their outdoor furniture so much we had it written into the deal. Lucky for us, because that's literally what's in the living room right now.

Normally, our tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving. However, this year, we're unexpectedly travelling over Thanksgiving--I won't be back until the 26th, with DH rolling in on 12/1. So, probably 12/2. I don't see my sons schlepping the boxes down from the attic without DH helping them (and DD20 will be back on campus).

Here's the link to it comeplete with video :crazy:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Ac...ed-LED-Jack-Frost-23SV23785/325055515#overlay
I saw that creepy Jack Frost at Home Depot the other day too. That was one of the strangest Christmas decorations I've ever seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter