• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 When Will Your Christmas Tree Go Up?

For the past two years we've shared when our tree is going up. The thread was about 15 pages last year.

This year share anything that changed or new traditions. Reshare your old! Have things completely gone back to normal post pandemic? Funny stories or mishaps? Griswold adventures?

We put our tree up in October in 2020 😁🎄🎅
We didn't really change anything during the pandemic years.

We typically put the tree up around the middle of December. Mostly me decorating it.

Tree will definitely be going up later by a week (usually right after Thanksgiving), but since I will be at WDW - hanging out with certain DISer friends for a bit - the tree will have to wait. Everything does come down on December 26th rain or shine. Outdoor decorations go up (and sometimes not) depending on what all else is going on in the real world.

12 Days of Christmas traditionalist. It goes up Xmas Eve and comes down on Ephiphany, when we switch out to the Carnival decor. However, this year we are traveling for the holidays, so it won't go up in the house at all, due to unsupervised cats. We'll put up our little pre-lit hotel tree in our beach condo instead.

No decorations for Thanksgiving. (I'm not a fan of Thanksgiving, and I make that experience as minimalist as possible.)

Usually mid November. I like enjoying the decorations, so only having them up for a few weeks wouldn’t be enough for me. Although they come down not much after Christmas. Sometimes they make it until new years, but once Christmas is past I don’t really want to look at it anymore.

Normally I'd put it up on Thanksgiving. I'm just not feeling the holidays this year though. We'll see what the kids want.

I usually put mine up either on Thanksgiving or on the day after. When I was little we would do it on my Dad's birthday in mid-December, but after he left we started the Thanksgiving tradition. It comes down on Epiphany or the day after.

Just took our 9ft. tree and three 4 ft. trees to goodwill. The 7 ft. tree goes tomorrow. I’ll be treeless except for my two front porch potted trees.

I plan to buy a new 7ft tree on Black Friday and put it in the dining room. The rest of the downstairs will be a wreck this Nov/Dec/Jan while we remodel our primary bathroom and hall closet. Honestly, I may forgo a tree entirely this year.

Couple weeks before Christmas. If it were up to me I’d just set a little tree on our fireplace mantle and that would be it. If our granddaughters don’t feel like decorating our big tree this year that’s probably what I will do cause I never enjoy putting the tree up. Its just one more thing I have to do and I have enough to take care of.

If we do the artificial one, the weekend after Thanksgiving. If DS pushes for a real one, probably Dec 9th or 10th.

For the past two years we've shared when our tree is going up. The thread was about 15 pages last year.

This year share anything that changed or new traditions. Reshare your old! Have things completely gone back to normal post pandemic? Funny stories or mishaps? Griswold adventures?

We put our tree up in October in 2020 😁🎄🎅
Lord willing, the middle weekend in December, which would be my usual time. BUT we have just recently moved to a new home and unfortunately, the planned reno has not gone entirely well. The last hurdle is completely re-doing the kitchen and the cabinets are now scheduled to arrive on November 26 and the demolition won’t start until they are actually in the warehouse. We’re also still waiting for custom furniture that’s been delayed 10 weeks from the original delivery date. Our living room decor currently lawn furniture. :laughing:

Until it’s all completely done, nothing here is settled and I’m not going to try and decorate a construction site. :scared: When the time comes, I just hope I can find the boxes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter