2023 When Will Your Christmas Tree Go Up?

No tree last two years more than likely no tree this year too much for just me to try and haul upstairs and put up
I will put out Christmas decorations Thanksgiving weekend they will stay up until the day after Christmas
No lights outside too much for me to do but I do put out decorations outside

I usually decorate thanksgiving weekend but we will be leaving for a cruise that weekend so I’m thinking the weekend before thanksgiving.

Pretty sure I'm going to draft my kids after our Thanksgiving meal to at least carry it up to the main floor so I can decorate it over Thanksgiving weekend.

Speaking of, I saw Egg Nog in the store yesterday so things are moving along in the right direction!

I would love to get my tree up now, you guys who put them up soon are so lucky! There would be too much resistance from the family & so I wait despising all the rules :/ Who says it can't be a two month Birthday Party? Who says?:magnify:

We used to do it Thanksgiving weekend, but my sister has to work weekends now, so she is just here for Wednesday afternoon through Friday. I am trying to get all the decorations up before Thanksgiving so that task is out of the way. The tree is about halfway done, so I should have it finished by the end of this week. My goal is to have all the decorations done by the end of next week.

I plan on having the outside lights up and fake tree in the dining room after Thanksgiving - the outside wreaths and garland will go up sometime before or around Dec 1…but I won’t turn any of it on til Dec 1…I may or may not do a second live tree in the LR - if I do, I’ll buy it Thanksgiving weekend and store it in water outside til I get back from WDW mid-December…then I’ll bring it in and decorate it…everything stays up til after Epiphany (the true 12 days of Christmas)…

It has to be Thanksgiving weekend. I strive to have everything done (shopping, decorating, etc.) before December 1. I bake cookies on a daily basis for our workplaces in December, so there's no time for anything else. :)

We don't have a specific date for the tree or really anything inside. Outside is almost always Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend before, but even that's up in the air this year. I've been in sort of a funk with all of this of late. I'll spare you the backstory. I used to love to decorate and as recently as 2021 had five trees. Last year, we decided to skip a fresh tree and got rid of one of our older artificial ones. So, we were down to three...and those didn't go up until about a week before Christmas. We also celebrate Hanukkah and first night is Dec 7th, so I'll have to get into the interior decorations by that point. December 8th - 10th is when I see things most likely happening this year.

Not sure. Usually about a week before Christmas and take down week after new year’s.

Last year we went looking a live tree as usual. Prices were really high, and trees were really short. we decided to check out pre-lit trees. About a week before Christmas, we found one at Lowe’s. Nice tree, about 7 ft ,lights already on, cost less than the real trees we were looking at.

So now that we don’t have to worry about losing thousands of needles on Christmas Day, who knows? But I think Thanksgiving weekend or shortly after sounds good.

Our tradition for inside things is the weekend before Thanksgiving, only because we travel Thanksgiving and through the weekend that follows. I don't have majorly elaborate Christmas decor but I feel like if I waited till December, and all the commitments it brings (programs, dinners, work) then it's just not worth dealing with. Ours always comes down shortly after Christmas Day, because I am done by then - last year I started gathering up some stuff the night of Christmas :)

As for outside, usually any weekend from mid November to early December that is decent temperature wise and no rain, we go for it. Again, not elaborate, but we do put lights on our front bushes, a couple of yard items, etc.

Tree going up soon, at least partially. Last year we were unable to put up the tree because the cats could not stay out of it (especially the black one named "Tuppence.") We set it up without ornaments as a test, and we kept finding Tuppence nestled in among the branches. We didn't want her to get entangled in the wiring for the lights, and we didn't want her to knock the whole thing over damaging her and/or the tree. So this year we'll try again, maybe another year of maturity will make a difference? Of course she now weighs a bit more as a full-grown cat so the possible damage could be even worse.

I'm skeptical to say the least.

We observe the "traditional" Christmas season, not the "retail" Christmas season.
Tree and lights go up about December 12th, ad the beginning of the 12 Days of Christmas and come down after January 6th, the Epiphany.
My wife and I agree on this despite coming from different religious beliefs and upbringing. I grew up going to church every Sunday and that was my church's tradition. My mom had a different experience. Growing up, Santa brought the tree and all the gifts on Christmas Eve and they stayed up until the Epiphany, so for her, anything Christmas before Christmas Eve was early.
My wife's religious experience began with going to Kindergarten at a Catholic School, and ended shortly there after when the nuns asked her mom not bring her anymore! So she basically grew up with the "Retail" Christmas schedule which she finds ridiculously long.
As for shopping, I do most stuff online after December 15th. It's usually on sale, and on my front porch without expedited shipping in 3 or 4 days. Funny thing is, I have yet to try and buy something that wasn't still available.

Used to always be the day after Thanksgiving. 2020 we moved that up quite a bit, right after Halloween I think. That felt too long, even then. But we have still been putting it up a bit earlier. I'm thinking the weekend before Thanksgiving, but the kids might argue for the weekend prior to that. We'll see.

Ours is always on Black Friday. We buy a real tree, so I can't put it up any sooner. As much as I might want too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter