2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

If you’re a direct purchaser what are you asking?!
I booked a reservation with my resale points & have been told by DVC that cannot use resale points to book a reservation hoping to get into MM but that has not been the case in the past. Was checking to see if others were still able to get into MM on resale points but a blue card member

Does anyone know if I can add someone to my resort reservation after I've received my MM confirmation email? My niece goes to school in Florida and wants to join us for the weekend. I'm not trying to add her to MM, just to our room reservation. I know modifications needed to be made by a certain date to be eligible for MM registration but now the membership magic page doesn't read that way.

I booked a reservation with my resale points & have been told by DVC that cannot use resale points to book a reservation hoping to get into MM but that has not been the case in the past. Was checking to see if others were still able to get into MM on resale points but a blue card member
You were told wrong. You just need to have a blue card and be staying onsite at any hotel or DVC on the day of MM.

Does anyone know if I can add someone to my resort reservation after I've received my MM confirmation email? My niece goes to school in Florida and wants to join us for the weekend. I'm not trying to add her to MM, just to our room reservation. I know modifications needed to be made by a certain date to be eligible for MM registration but now the membership magic page doesn't read that way.

My understanding is you can add her to the trip but can’t get an additional ticket for her after the modification deadline.

So, I think you will be fine!

My understanding is you can add her to the trip but can’t get an additional ticket for her after the modification deadline.

So, I think you will be fine!
Thank you, that's the way I read it too. This is the first time MM fell on my dates, I guess I'm just nervous I'll mess it up. LOL

Use the membership number tied to your resort reservation and you should be fine. We’ve done 5 MM now, all booked with resale points. We are not grandfathered in on our resale contract but have enough direct points for blue card benefits.

We were only able to book thru CRO once the date was announced. originally bought direct, with multiple add ons thru both them and resale. No issue whatsoever, other than the registration process issues I detailed earlier in another thread. All worked out once I called MS tho.

Brochure from the first night

85AC7C42-2E1F-4976-8F79-40E34476C6A5.jpeg

451DDFBA-D4F0-4460-8316-47B896EA3FB3.jpeg

IMO, a great MM event :). beary much :duck:enjoyed seeing him there

0F5191C9-35B7-4F94-8895-2571BAC92F16.jpeg

appreciated being able to use the vouchers at most food booths, crab tasted better than it looked BTW. Had hoped they’s do the DVC popcorn bucket, oh well. We wound up buying three of this guy for ourselves and family. a bit of popcorn remorse when it came time to pack them for the flight home.

A1D75368-AB3E-4E21-B7DB-A02DADE0F0C5.jpeg

not a harmonious fan, the fireworks were a real treat. No need to line up early and a nice show in any world IMO. Not quite the ’special’ after show they do for 4th of July but, they spent some $$$$$ on it.

Ice cream lines moved quickly. only issue was the long lines for regular popcorn/drinks the latter park of the night. Seems as tho many were waiting to grab power aide or water on the way out.

PS don’t forget to grab your DVC MB sliders this trip if you haven’t already. Note, they are not distributing them the night of the event.

I just noticed that registration dates have been posted on the member site:

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Event Dates: May 11, 2023 and September 13, 2023
Early Registration Window* – Opens April 4, 2023
General Registration
* – Opens May 3, 2023 and August 31, 2023

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Event Dates: July 11, 2023 and August 2, 2023
Early Registration Window* – Opens June 14, 2023
General Registration* – Opens June 21, 2023 and July 19, 2023

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Event Dates: May 23, 2023 and August 23, 2023
Early Registration Window* – Opens April 26, 2023
General Registration* – Opens May 11, 2023 and August 9, 2023

General Registration

Disney's Animal Kingdom

General Registration
* – Opens June 21, 2023 and July 19, 2023

Thanks for the nice cleaned up list. I was surprised to see info on all the remaining events come out this soon. I have 2 dates to try for. Now I need to check my schedule….so happy I’m not in the middle of the ocean on registration day.

Thanks for the nice cleaned up list. I was surprised to see info on all the remaining events come out this soon. I have 2 dates to try for. Now I need to check my schedule….so happy I’m not in the middle of the ocean on registration day.
I had the same worry and am very pleased with the registration dates.

General Registration

Disney's Animal Kingdom

General Registration
* – Opens June 21, 2023 and July 19, 2023

Where on the site is this posted? I have tried looking but I can't find it lol!

If this is a repeat question then apologies in advance. I tried to look through some of the pages, but could not find what I need.
Will the reservation for the 5/11 HS date that opens on 4/4 for resort reserved DVC members be enabled on the DVC website, or will they send emails to the DVC members with reservations with a special link?
If the link is on the Website, will it really activate at 11 am as mentioned in a post above, or earlier? 11 am "seems" to be weird time to open a reservation hence confirming.

If this is a repeat question then apologies in advance. I tried to look through some of the pages, but could not find what I need.
Will the reservation for the 5/11 HS date that opens on 4/4 for resort reserved DVC members be enabled on the DVC website, or will they send emails to the DVC members with reservations with a special link?
If the link is on the Website, will it really activate at 11 am as mentioned in a post above, or earlier? 11 am "seems" to be weird time to open a reservation hence confirming.
The members site will be updated with the link the day before and some people will receive an email with it as well, but that is hit or miss.

The link activates in advance, you enter a virtual lobby awaiting for the reservations to start. At 11 everyone who is waiting will be allocated a random place in line and the first people in the line will start booking. It doesn't matter if you enter the lobby one hour or one minute before 11, the place in line is random.
The line page will keep you informed of your place in line and estimated time until you can book. I don't know how earlier you can enter the virtual lobby before 11am, but I think it's a few hours.

I received an email with a link for the MM at Epcot last week. I used that link and patiently waited in the queue - took about 90 minutes total to complete the early registration. Fairly easy when you have decent internet

The members site will be updated with the link the day before and some people will receive an email with it as well, but that is hit or miss.

The link activates in advance, you enter a virtual lobby awaiting for the reservations to start. At 11 everyone who is waiting will be allocated a random place in line and the first people in the line will start booking. It doesn't matter if you enter the lobby one hour or one minute before 11, the place in line is random.
The line page will keep you informed of your place in line and estimated time until you can book. I don't know how earlier you can enter the virtual lobby before 11am, but I think it's a few hours.
They randomize the queue at 11am so it doesn't give you a better place in line to enter the lobby very early

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter