2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - those do look promising. You're reminding me ... remember back when, in that area kinda behind Refreshment Port and the temp Starbucks, they used to have the booth with charcuterie and wine flights and also a chocolate booth with that nitro dessert? And it was all under twinkle lights? Ugh. I miss that. Atmosphere (esp. at night) and food were A+.
YES! I loved that area, we would get that charcuterie board every year and sit in that grassy area to enjoy! It's wild that the got rid of that area to put bathrooms in.

They really should just let this thread plan the festivals going forward. We'd crush it.
Haha, they really should, we would do such an amazing job!

A question… what is a general range for line wait times at festival booths, on a relatively busy day (more specifically, 7 or 8 out of 10 on the crowd calendar, early afternoon)? I realize it’s going to be a broad range but I have no idea if I should be thinking in terms of minutes or hours here. Trying to decide if I could keep my son entertained in his stroller while we went to a small number of booths for lunch, or if that’s not realistic.

As someone that has experienced the Festival of the Holidays more. I am not that excited about the drink options. Not a lot of beer/drink options and the wines are lackluster. Maybe I missed it but there is no Disney Family wineries on the menus?

A question… what is a general range for line wait times at festival booths, on a relatively busy day (more specifically, 7 or 8 out of 10 on the crowd calendar, early afternoon)? I realize it’s going to be a broad range but I have no idea if I should be thinking in terms of minutes or hours here. Trying to decide if I could keep my son entertained in his stroller while we went to a small number of booths for lunch, or if that’s not realistic.
Even on really busy days, there’s typically not super long waits. The longest we probably ever waited was in France when they only had two cast members ringing people up. Maybe 20 minutes wait. Most lines move quickly

I also dearly miss the seminars, they were really the highlight of the festival to me. I used to book F&W trips just to see Chef Carla Hall from The Chew.
Same here. If we're talking about the same seminars, they were low cost $12-$15 per event and we enjoyed a tasting of the subject food and the recipe card was handed out at the table. Held in the a/c at the Festival Centre which think was the old Wonders of Life pavilion. That was a key part of the Festival when it truly was about cooking and learning from the pros. Think I had some interesting shrimp, bison and scallop small plates over the years. I also remember complaining here on the Boards about the host who always seemed a little tipsy with a glass of wine in her hand and maybe a tad handsy on stage with some of the young chefs. I now wish there was a host and seminar to complain about.

While I'm not terribly disappointed with many of this year's booth offerings, I do remember much more interesting choices that really gave us a more unique taste of the world. I def remember the Barramundi fish plate at the Australia booth probably 10 yrs ago. The lobster roll at Hops & Barley was also a perennial. Sometimes a miss. Often a solid hit. Same with the big scallop at the Scotland booth. Fries and wings is just a sad turn of events. I'm so thrilled to see the Muppets integrated into anything. But wings? Not great.

Future of Appleseed Marketplace uncertain

I hope this isn't true. I've always enjoyed the offerings here and the indoor, air-conditioned space is SO appreciated (and needed in the early months of the festival). I also can't imagine the movie is that popular...
I’ll miss the booth, but I’m glad it’s not in the theater. I visit every other year during F&W and I haven’t seen the Canada show in 8 years. I’ll be glad to see it again.

Last edited:
Man Mac & Eats was one of my faves last year. I was hoping to get my stamps for the cheese crawl for that. Oh well I will need to venture out and try new things this year :)

This will be my first time going to F&W, pretty excited. We'll most likely do Epcot on the Friday of our visit. How exactly does it work? Will there be a guide we can pick up when we get there? The way I'm understanding it is we pay for each entree/dessert/drink. I thought for some reason you purchase like a pass for XX amount and then you can get certain items. I don't think we'll do the concerts. Any other helpful info ya'll can share?

This will be my first time going to F&W, pretty excited. We'll most likely do Epcot on the Friday of our visit. How exactly does it work? Will there be a guide we can pick up when we get there? The way I'm understanding it is we pay for each entree/dessert/drink. I thought for some reason you purchase like a pass for XX amount and then you can get certain items. I don't think we'll do the concerts. Any other helpful info ya'll can share?
Consider buying a Food & Wine gift card wristlet and loading it with your budget for the day. You can buy them at a few locations but the Port of Entry kiosk just as you walk over the central walkway to World Showcase comes to mind. Go early to World Showcase ie as soon as it opens for the day. Check times as you get closer to your date. Often it opens around 11am. Since you're going on a Friday, the booths will becoming increasingly busy and the lines longer esp as you get into late Friday afternoon and early evening once some locals get off work and flood in to enjoy a Friday night at F&W. Definitely pick up a free guide. Have a rough idea of your favourite items and target those early. Also decide if you want to go right or left to start your circle. For me, it depends which direction is most front loaded with the food booths I need to check out. Enjoy! ps if you can switch your day from Friday to mid week you'll probably find the crowds easier to deal with.

How exciting! There will be food booths all around World Showcase that open at 11am (maybe 10-15 minutes earlier if they're ready). Booths will close with the park and are not typically open for any extra hours. Lines will build throughout the day and Friday nights (and weekends) are typically pretty busy with a lot of locals coming in.

All items are available for purchase a la carte. Many years ago they did do a "deal" where you purchased a limited pass of sorts but they did that one year only and haven't brought it back.

The items are also served individually and there aren't trays like there would be at a quick service restaurant. That can make it challenging to carry multiple items if just one person is doing the ordering. Some people bring their own trays. They have sold a small festival themed tray in the past. Last year I bought an inexpensive set of foldable, fairly sturdy cardboard trays with high sides (like you'd get in a stadium concession stand) and it was easy and light to keep one in my bag and helped in those instances.

The wristlet gift card is a great idea for convenience and budgeting. I would suggest you also have some cash with you as they sometimes have to shut down the electronics at the outdoor booths when lightning is in the area. Some booths have registers at both ends (Canada, Mexico, Japan come to mind) ... they're not always open but worth checking.

There will be a festival passport available at either entry to EPCOT (with the maps) and also in some shops. The passport will list by booth the various items available, and you can "check off" what you try as you go (you need to bring your own pen/pencil). The passport is also where you'd keep track of your progress in the fromage montage (in those instances the cast member at the booth will stamp your passport). There is also an unofficial app called WDW Food&Wine that also has the menus and lets you create a wish list that a lot of people use.

The Remy scavenger hunt (or Pluto's pumpkin pursuit) are both fun activities - you can do them yourself for free just by hunting for the items in each pavilion or you can purchase the map and redeem for a small prize. You can redeem without ever finding a single item -- they don't test you on it. :D

We typically don't do the concerts either, but you can hear the music from anywhere in the America pavilion so if a band you are interested in without wanting to invest time in the full concert you can plan to be in the same area for a show.

Sorry - that was probably more than you wanted. :rotfl:

You already got a lot of good tips, but I want to also mention the WDW Food&Wine [sic] app on iOS and Android. It's not an official Disney app, just a fan made one, but it has all of the menus and more importantly maps, I find it really helpful to go through it and mark what items I want to try because it will stick pins on the map for the booths they're at. Very useful when you're at the park and not sure where to go. It's free and they keep it updated for all of the Epcot festivals.

(Edited for the exact name of the app so you know what to search for on your app store of choice.)

Last edited:
You already got a lot of good tips, but I want to also mention the WDW Food&Wine [sic] app on iOS and Android. It's not an official Disney app, just a fan made one, but it has all of the menus and more importantly maps, I find it really helpful to go through it and mark what items I want to try because it will stick pins on the map for the booths they're at. Very useful when you're at the park and not sure where to go. It's free and they keep it updated for all of the Epcot festivals.

(Edited for the exact name of the app so you know what to search for on your app store of choice.)
I love this app! My husband and I select all of the items we want to try on the plane ride over. It just adds a little fun to it.

Consider buying a Food & Wine gift card wristlet and loading it with your budget for the day. You can buy them at a few locations but the Port of Entry kiosk just as you walk over the central walkway to World Showcase comes to mind. Go early to World Showcase ie as soon as it opens for the day. Check times as you get closer to your date. Often it opens around 11am. Since you're going on a Friday, the booths will becoming increasingly busy and the lines longer esp as you get into late Friday afternoon and early evening once some locals get off work and flood in to enjoy a Friday night at F&W. Definitely pick up a free guide. Have a rough idea of your favourite items and target those early. Also decide if you want to go right or left to start your circle. For me, it depends which direction is most front loaded with the food booths I need to check out. Enjoy! ps if you can switch your day from Friday to mid week you'll probably find the crowds easier to deal with.
Ohhh, thank you about the wristlet. I'll check into that. Unfortunately, we are only doing the parks Friday and Saturday. Since MK is doing the Halloween party, we'll wait until Sat for MK.
How exciting! There will be food booths all around World Showcase that open at 11am (maybe 10-15 minutes earlier if they're ready). Booths will close with the park and are not typically open for any extra hours. Lines will build throughout the day and Friday nights (and weekends) are typically pretty busy with a lot of locals coming in.

All items are available for purchase a la carte. Many years ago they did do a "deal" where you purchased a limited pass of sorts but they did that one year only and haven't brought it back.

The items are also served individually and there aren't trays like there would be at a quick service restaurant. That can make it challenging to carry multiple items if just one person is doing the ordering. Some people bring their own trays. They have sold a small festival themed tray in the past. Last year I bought an inexpensive set of foldable, fairly sturdy cardboard trays with high sides (like you'd get in a stadium concession stand) and it was easy and light to keep one in my bag and helped in those instances.

The wristlet gift card is a great idea for convenience and budgeting. I would suggest you also have some cash with you as they sometimes have to shut down the electronics at the outdoor booths when lightning is in the area. Some booths have registers at both ends (Canada, Mexico, Japan come to mind) ... they're not always open but worth checking.

There will be a festival passport available at either entry to EPCOT (with the maps) and also in some shops. The passport will list by booth the various items available, and you can "check off" what you try as you go (you need to bring your own pen/pencil). The passport is also where you'd keep track of your progress in the fromage montage (in those instances the cast member at the booth will stamp your passport). There is also an unofficial app called WDW Food&Wine that also has the menus and lets you create a wish list that a lot of people use.

The Remy scavenger hunt (or Pluto's pumpkin pursuit) are both fun activities - you can do them yourself for free just by hunting for the items in each pavilion or you can purchase the map and redeem for a small prize. You can redeem without ever finding a single item -- they don't test you on it. :D

We typically don't do the concerts either, but you can hear the music from anywhere in the America pavilion so if a band you are interested in without wanting to invest time in the full concert you can plan to be in the same area for a show.

Sorry - that was probably more than you wanted. :rotfl:
That's some great info!! Thank you so much!! I'll check out the app.

That Bubbles and Brine booth looks like it is going to be expensive. How much will they charge for caviar with all the fixings? Jumbo crab claw sounds spendy as well. I wish it was going to be open when we are there, but alas, we are going in early August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter