2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never heard of Element, but since I'll be at Epcot on Aug 31 I looked up a video of Element performing at Epcot in 2021. The woman doing the elaborate signing was the most fun to watch, hope she comes back!

The son of a friend of mine is a professional interpreter in Nashville. He sometimes does concerts, but I bet he is not that animated.

I'm so excited to be returning to the F&W Festival for the first time in a decade! I was looking at last year's menus and comparing to the menus from F&G Festival when we went in 2021. It seems like there were actually more food options at F&G. Am I mistaken?
I know that Food & Wine has more outdoor kitchens than Flower & Garden (~29 and ~18, respectively) but, if I'm remembering correctly, there was criticism last year that the F&W offerings were very beverage heavy. I just scrolled through quickly on the unofficial app, filtering for food items only, and it looks like there were ~20 more food items for F&W 2022 vs. F&G 2023 (though you have to account for one booth that rotated items throughout the F&G festival - there are nine items listed for the booth on the menu but only three were available at any one time; another factor was that for F&W there were a handful of kitchens that didn't open until later in the festival). All in all, a smaller difference than I'd have guessed with 11 more booths during F&W. Still a fun time and looking forward to this year's menus!

I know that Food & Wine has more outdoor kitchens than Flower & Garden (~29 and ~18, respectively) but, if I'm remembering correctly, there was criticism last year that the F&W offerings were very beverage heavy. I just scrolled through quickly on the unofficial app, filtering for food items only, and it looks like there were ~20 more food items for F&W 2022 vs. F&G 2023 (though you have to account for one booth that rotated items throughout the F&G festival - there are nine items listed for the booth on the menu but only three were available at any one time; another factor was that for F&W there were a handful of kitchens that didn't open until later in the festival). All in all, a smaller difference than I'd have guessed with 11 more booths during F&W. Still a fun time and looking forward to this year's menus!
Thanks for laying that all out. Very helpful! I was looking again, and I think part of it was that the 2021 F&G fare was right up my alley, so more of it looked good to me and therefore, my mind translated that as just more. Haha!

I agree. So fun to look at menus!

Yes, typically 6:00 a.m. EST on the website, 7:00 a.m. by phone. No telling if the packages will be downloaded on the website, though.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Disney had the dining packages uploaded for the eat to the beat concerts at 7:00 this morning. It does appear that you can only book these packages at 60 days prior to your requested date. Or if you have a Disney Resort reservation, you are able to make a reservation at 60 days + 10.

Future of Appleseed Marketplace uncertain

I hope this isn't true. I've always enjoyed the offerings here and the indoor, air-conditioned space is SO appreciated (and needed in the early months of the festival). I also can't imagine the movie is that popular...
i hope this isn't true, this will be my first time doing food and wine and i wanted to go here :( i'm also not a fan of the film, it gives me really bad vertigo so i'd rather the space be utilized for the festival

Is there a possibility that the new Communicore Hall will be open and house the Appleseed Marketplace? 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

No, it still has a ways to go before it's completed. Possibly, it might be completed before the festival ends in November but it will not be ready in time for the opening of the festival later this month.
Is there a possibility that the new Communicore Hall will be open and house the Appleseed Marketplace? 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

So comparing to last year, it looks like 4 booths have been eliminated, however there are 4 new booths being added later this fall. I'm shocked they got rid of Mac n Eats, that booth had such long lines last year! I just hope "later this fall" includes September!

So comparing to last year, it looks like 4 booths have been eliminated, however there are 4 new booths being added later this fall. I'm shocked they got rid of Mac n Eats, that booth had such long lines last year! I just hope "later this fall" includes September!
Where are you seeing the info on the new booths?

Where are you seeing the info on the new booths?

Global Marketplaces to Satisfy Every Palate​

Get ready to sip and savor at more than 25 Global Marketplaces including returning favorites such as The Fry Basket, Flavors from Fire, Canada, India and Spain marketplaces. Also coming later this fall, the culinary team will add four new Global Marketplaces to commemorate the Disney100 celebration: Char & Chop, Wine & Wedge, Bubbles & Brine and Swirled Showcase. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog, where more details will be shared in a Foodie Guide soon.

(https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...o-epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter