2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure hope so. If for nothing else then just to take down the walls. It's a mess right now. The DisneyLAND F&W festival in CA has continued to feature celebrity chef demos so I'm hopeful. When do we think they'd have to start planning the '24 festival? Around now? I'm not sure the team that used to do all the booking and planning is even still there.
I would love for them to bring back the demonstrations and Party for the Senses but I'm not counting on it

Last edited:
I would love for them to bring back the demonstrations and Party for the Senses but I'm not counting on it
only ever been to F&W last year so i'm hoping demos come back cuz I didn't really care for F&W. right now its my least favorite festival

Appears the dates for this year have been shortened
A lot of people have been speculating this + the shorter F&G dates meant that they are going to add a summer festival but I really feel like if that were the case we would have heard about it by now. Food & Wine is the flagship festival so having it be the first to show off Communicore Hall makes sense, too. Tbh I think they are just going back to how it was pre-covid closures.

A lot of people have been speculating this + the shorter F&G dates meant that they are going to add a summer festival but I really feel like if that were the case we would have heard about it by now. Food & Wine is the flagship festival so having it be the first to show off Communicore Hall makes sense, too. Tbh I think they are just going back to how it was pre-covid closures.
I agree. Not to mention that July/August it's likely 100 degrees in the shade, frequent thunderstorms, probably miserable for the cast members inside the kitchen, and as a guest it's hard to get excited about walking around in that heat and grabbing cheddar cheese soup, raclette cheese, bouef bourguignon etc. I know easy for me to say as a local who can go anytime but the height of summer is tough. I'm also looking forward to some "diet EPCOT" - maybe then we'll appreciate the booths rather than having them fade into the background as omnipresent.

I agree. Not to mention that July/August it's likely 100 degrees in the shade, frequent thunderstorms, probably miserable for the cast members inside the kitchen, and as a guest it's hard to get excited about walking around in that heat and grabbing cheddar cheese soup, raclette cheese, bouef bourguignon etc. I know easy for me to say as a local who can go anytime but the height of summer is tough. I'm also looking forward to some "diet EPCOT" - maybe then we'll appreciate the booths rather than having them fade into the background as omnipresent.
Yeah, definitely. A lot of people who don't remember the before times don't know we didn't have festivals 24/7/365 at Epcot all the time...I feel like those abnormally long festivals in the reopening period were a way to boost revenue from locals when many tourists and those of us out of state APs were under quarantine restrictions and couldn't travel to FL and they had limited capacity. Now that travel and attendance have basically gotten back to normal it makes sense the festivals will go back to normal timeframes. I agree that I miss not having constant festivals too, it made them a little less special when booths were always around. I just hope we will get real F&W back this year with culinary demonstrations, the special breakfasts, etc. It's been a shell of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter