2022 Trip Planning Thread

JUST BOOKED!

Man I have been waiting a very long time to say those words.....We are doing 5 nights total all at Movies, and this trip is going to be a doozy....it will be my family of 3, my in-laws, and some of their in-laws....I think we have 20 confirmed people with booked rooms, and a potential of 5 more people (2 more rooms that need booking). I have booked 7 rooms so far....Am I a little crazy?! Ages will range from 6 months, to a possibility of 87 years old!

I have been a couple times in January & February when I was in Tampa for work, and had a friend who was nice enough to get me in for a few hours on her Maingate pass, but I am happy we get to be back for 5 days!

Booked our flights to SNA (Disneyland) for February 2022 yesterday. We are going first class baby! I used my WJ Travel Bank credit to cover part of the cost. This trip is in lieu of a promised Grad trip for my daughter which was cancelled last year.

I am in serious discussions with Adventures by Disney prior to booking their SoCal Adventure, which includes tours of the Studio, Archives and Imagineering (and Jim Henson studios which I am soooo excited about), as well as VIP tours of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. ADB books GCH rooms for their tours so we finally get to complete the trifecta after previous stays at DLH and PPH.

I am just waiting for confirmation of how ADB handles theme park reservations because if I am spending that kind of money, I don't want to be locked out of the parks because they won't guarantee entry for tour members.

We booked for June.

June 12-22

1 night in All Star Movies, 9 nights at Glenbrook Resort

Currently we have 3 day park hoppers booked, but if a Can Res discount comes out we'll switch to a 4 day base pass

Also doing Kennedy Space Center, Discovery Cove and hopefully a day trip a Gulf Beach

Just booked for Oct 2022. The CAD is just too high. Ran to Shoppers and bought $1000 gift cards and it came out to $828. If it goes up more, I'm paying the rest off. Going for 10 days. So excited to have a countdown!

What kind of gift cards did you buy?

Ok, I didn't want to make a new post. I have expiring ( Sept 21)CAD airmiles tix. I have rebooked hotel for Oct 22. Now if I call now to modify the tix to extend, am I going to lose the discount? I have time, should I wait until a possible CAD discount pops up again? But now that you have to book park passes, I'm hesitant to the waiting.

Westjet has lowered a lot of their prices. I cancelled and rebooked my late January flights (love the no-fee cancel policy!) and got $250 back in my travel bank.

Booked our flights to SNA (Disneyland) for February 2022 yesterday. We are going first class baby! I used my WJ Travel Bank credit to cover part of the cost. This trip is in lieu of a promised Grad trip for my daughter which was cancelled last year.

I am in serious discussions with Adventures by Disney prior to booking their SoCal Adventure, which includes tours of the Studio, Archives and Imagineering (and Jim Henson studios which I am soooo excited about), as well as VIP tours of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. ADB books GCH rooms for their tours so we finally get to complete the trifecta after previous stays at DLH and PPH.

I am just waiting for confirmation of how ADB handles theme park reservations because if I am spending that kind of money, I don't want to be locked out of the parks because they won't guarantee entry for tour members.

I did it! We are booked for the Adventures by Disney Southern California/Hollywood Adventure. It's going to be so luxurious traveling with premium seating on WestJet and then being picked up and dropped off at the airport by ABD. Not to mention staying at the Grand Californian Hotel. Bliss.

I didn't get the confirmation I needed from Disney about park reservations. They said that the situation was in flux, but the issues with park reservations and ABD guests not having their park tickets ahead of time was on their radar and I can't think they won't provide a guarantee of entrance when the vacation features two VIP tours in the parks on different days.

I had to clear up an issue with transfers from SNA, and we still want to book an extra night at the GCH on Friday so we have a full fourth day before flying out on Saturday, but we are so excited!

We were meant to be in Scotland (where I'm from) March 2020. We didn't make it, obvs.
So now I'm planning that trip for the end of Summer 2022, and adding in a cheeky wee Disney Cruise from Dover to Norway. If that's not looking plausible, I'm thinking I'll take the kids to Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris via the Eurostar.
I'd prefer the cruise though.
And I'm already wondering if I can make WDW trip.
With having no proper vacations for 2 summers, I'm ready to relax and have fun!

Last edited:
We were meant to be in Scotland (where I'm from) March 2020. We didn't make it, obvs.
So now I'm planning that trip for the end of Summer 2022, and adding in a cheeky wee Disney Cruise from Dover to Norway. I'd that's not looking plausible, I'm thinking I'll take the kids to Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris via the Eurostar.
I'd prefer the cruise though.
And I'm already wondering if I can make WDW trip.
With having no proper vacations for 2 summers, I'm ready to relax and have fun!
Uh, your cruise BETTER happen because we are on two on the Magic next August!! This will be our third attempt at cruising in Europe and we are pushing the boat out (no pun intended) and have a back to back book with the 11 night Copenhagen to Dover and then the 7 night round trip from Dover in August 2022. I'm not even thinking about what happens IF it doesn't sail because we WILL sail :worship: :cheer2:

Haven't nailed down any real details yet but definitely slipped into the talking about planning phase and I'm super stoked! I've been charged with researching when the weather will hit that sweet spot for us - warm enough for hubby but not so warm that I melt down into a snarly Duck! I would love to be there for my 60th at the end of November but not married to that. Crowds don't matter to us since it's all about the relaxation and resort/food end of things, besides we're both in agreement that this trip will be (sitting down for this??!!) a full MONTH we can easily work around the busy days

I still have half an idea in the back of my mind about going before DD turns 10 in Feb/22 but have done zero planning and we're now 7 months out... sooooo I dunno. I'm hesitant to plan anything until there's official confirmation that the quarantine requirement is gone. Our kids are also too small to vaccinate (9 and 5) so that's a consideration as well.

I'm jealous that you would have a full month!!! would you stay DVC?

Just booked Late April into May 2022. Airfares for 4 under $1600 cdn (Yhz through EWR), so I took the plunge. I now have BWV booked for the stay. Next step Disney park tickets .....

Curious what airline/routing?? We're also in YHZ. :) Usually I hold out for direct flights but now that my kids are that little bit older I might be able to handle a connection.

Not planning a Disney/Universal tri quiet yet( I put yet, as I'm slowly talking about it with dh lol)

But I have talked to a travel agent about our 50th birthday winter vacation. I got her to send me hotel/airfare pricing on two different areas. NOW...I'm even deeper into planning and trying to pick the resort that would best suit us, our budget, and wants/needs.

I am beyond excited. I told DH we need to put our deposit down before prices sky rocket...so hoping by the end of June we have our place picked with a deposit down and I can start our countdown :hyper: :jumping1:

I'm also trying to book a surprise Nascar trip for him as his 50th Birthday present as well. I'm not completely sure how or what to book yet for that one. I know< he will want a long track race. I'm sending out the group text message/fb messenger party invite soon. We are just finishing up some details, then I can start planning his 50 presents for 50 birthdays...with the big present being his surprise trip to Nascar!!!!!

I'm jealous that you would have a full month!!! would you stay DVC?

more than likely not, maybe for one or 2 nights at one of the EPCOT resorts but our absolute favourite resort is POFQ AND we even know which specific room we'd ask for! It just checks all of our boxes that most people hate: small, quiet, doesn't scream Disney, the room we like is the furthest possible from the lobby, food court, pool and bus stop, and the staff there is always amazing!

You guys... for anyone who qualifies, the Westjet RBC world elite card has a pretty good deal right now. 350 welcome dollars per primary cardholder and no fee on the companion ticket! Just for funsies I checked and the direct flight from YHZ is back on the schedule.... $2300 for 4 outright... so 1250 for two of us and we can pay 700 of that with WJ dollars?...... tempting, tempting.

We are between Disneyland Paris and California for 2022. I'll be in Europe (likely) end of June 2022 and was planning on meeting my DH and DD (will be 5) in Paris. I've been able to get amazing tips on both trips on these boards - but still not sure which one to pick (which one will be safer, which one will be easier [with a 5 y/o]. We will be flying from Toronto. Any feedback is welcome! Our DD's biggest trip to date was WDW for her 3rd bday (Jan.2020) and she did great!

If we do Paris it would be first week of July - if we go West to Cali we are flexible, but probably May, or Fall (I'd time it out do see the Halloween or Christmas events).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter