2022 Trip Planning Thread

I think 2022 is the perfect time to plan! I think all of the things that really make Disney (Land and World) magical will be back. Things like fireworks, shows, character meet and greets etc. If anyone needs help with their plans let me know!

We have All Star Movies booked for December 2021. If we don't get to go then, then we won't be going back for a while so this is kinda our last shot.

Manitoba's Covid situation is terrible right now, but other provinces are doing ok it seems and have reopening plans so it gives me hope lol. So very cautiously optimistic. We had to cancel our April 2020 trip due to Covid, then again in October (we foolishly though the pandemic would be over by then hahah).

The only things that will deter us from going:
- border is closed
- quarantine upon return from Canada
- it doesn't seem safe to travel because of new wave or something

I don't care if we have to get Covid tests. That's the least of my worries.

I'm debating buying WestJet flights before May 31st (to take advantage of the $0 change or cancel policy). They're currently $600/ticket from Winnipeg, which is probably the second cheapest I have ever seen them since we started going to Disney in 2012 (cheapest was $400/ticket). We have a $500 gift card so it's only really $700 out of pocket for us then, which is fine if we have to cancel. We always fly WestJet and will definitely go somewhere within 2 years.

I do have to call Disney directly about our tickets though. We currently have 1 x 5 Day Canadian Resident Base ticket (expires September 2021) and 1 x 5 day Canadian Resident AirMiles Base ticket (no expiration). I hope they'll let me 1) extend the expiry on the first one and 2) add an extra day onto both tickets and pay the difference to make them into 6 day tickets.
Given that the border hasn’t opened yet I am sure they will extend that Disney ticket expiry. There are so many people that have that ticket I can’t expect them to let them all expire. 🤞🏻

Is anyone afraid that the 14 day quarantine will still be around for months even after we are all vaccinated? I'm honestly not trying to be super pessimistic, but until that is lifted I can't get excited about anything we have booked.

So far for 2022 we have a mexican riviera cruise booked on the NCL Bliss out of LA for March 2022 and would like to add on a side trip to Disneyland either before or after the cruise. And we are still waiting to move our August 2021 Northern Europe cruise on the Magic to 2022.....
I think it will be gone sooner than we think. They can’t expect to open the borders and ensure people stay home for 2 weeks after. I think at worse they will require a negative test upon entry. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Planning for summer 2022, 5 days BCV, 3 days in a GV at BLT, and if it is possible STARCRUISER !!!!! We have a lot to celebrate , 50 anniversary of my parents , and DH will turn 50 !

For fun, because man, I'm really hoping I'm not the only one obsessing ahem... thinking about their next trip. So, for those who aren't returning till 2022, when are you going and what are you planning? :flower1:

Feels great to start planning again! We are aiming for Feb. 6-18 with a 5 day stay at the Art. First time on property So excited!

Feels great to start planning again! We are aiming for Feb. 6-18 with a 5 day stay at the Art. First time on property So excited!
Totally feels nice to start planning again! Trying to plan for 2021 was just too stressful, it fully knowing what the rules will be etc. I have been stress free since we moved our trip to spring 2022! Feels nice to start planning, even though it’s pushed back so much!

Lots of awesome news in the last few days! I don't know if you have seen the news from the advisory panel but it does not look like the quarantine hotels will be around much longer. As well, the quarantine rules for fully vaccinated travelers will be changing with the increase in vaccinations. I fully expect very positive changes in the next 4-6 weeks. With that being said, my oldest son and I will be traveling in August to celebrate his 21st! Can't wait to be back in our happy place!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...s-end-to-hotel-quarantine-in-canada-1.5445641

Last edited:
Lots of awesome news in the last few days! I don't know if you have seen the news from the advisory panel but it does not look like the quarantine hotels will be around much longer. As well, the quarantine rules for fully vaccinated travelers will be changing with the increase in vaccinations. I fully expect very positive changes in the next 4-6 weeks. With that being said, my oldest son and I will be traveling in August to celebrate his 21st! Can't wait to be back in our happy place!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...s-end-to-hotel-quarantine-in-canada-1.5445641
Unfortunately these are all just recommendations and the govt has already poo-poo'd the idea of giving up the hotel quarantine in their response last night. But I do like that there is SO much talk about reopening the border, restarting travel etc.

Booked the first flight for our Year of Disney starting May 2022. Got a great rate for flights on Aeroplan for my family of 4. Plan is to upgrade to annual passes and then go 5-6 times until they expire, mostly on points and miles!

Unfortunately these are all just recommendations and the govt has already poo-poo'd the idea of giving up the hotel quarantine in their response last night. But I do like that there is SO much talk about reopening the border, restarting travel etc.
I agree, there will be nothing said in the next few weeks. I do think by mid June we will hear more. Vaccines are making a huge difference. I certainly feel much more optimistic than I have in a long time. I also have a December '21 trip booked with my husband and a solo trip booked for March '22. Bring on the bubble!

Last April I booked a 14 day Transatlantic cruise for April 2022. It's been a roller coaster ride not knowing if it will be canceled or not (final payment not due until Feb 2022). After receiving my first vaccine last week, I made that leap and booked a one night hotel room with free cancellation in Rome for when our cruise arrives there.
It's starting to feel like we will actually be able to go somewhere next year!

So exiting to read about everyone's travel plans - man it feels good to start dreaming again!

We took the plunge and booked our hotel and Discovery Cove tickets last night. Both refundable. Today will be flights then Disney park passes next. So excited but also trying to remember that anything can change. It will be an interesting 8 months as we see how things play out in terms of Covid and travel. But all throughout Covid I have always been of the mindset that we can still plan and hold those plans with an open hand, incase we can't move forward. I would rather have plans in the calendar and have to cancel, than miss out completely because I didn't plan in advance.

Last edited:
I had started to buy disney gift cards for our planned trip in 2022. We are going to hold off booking anything and buying gift cards until there is clarification on what type of system is in place to continue or replace FPs. Something like the rumoured paid 'lighting pass' system would significantly scale back our 2022 plans. It would be more about looking around, watching fireworks, going on some rides. Then spending our dollars somewhere else.

Ok, opinions needed :D I have a cruise booked for late Jan/early Feb but the cruise line has changed ships, itineraries and dates, without notifying me. Even if I lose my deposit it was $50 so whatever, I am thinking of cancelling it, we have B2B cruises booked in December that I think are going to happen (provided I can get kiddo vaccinated before then). I am thinking I need some Disney... so... would you book late Jan/early Feb (my birthday) for 13 days at ASMo or POP, or pay more to stay at CSR since it's got a waterslide so we'd have more fun on off park days... or would you go in April for 10 days (probably over Easter) and stay at ASMo. April gives me more time to save of course, but it's also a lot more expensive, like $500 more for 3 less days & with 3 less ticket days. I'm tempted to just go in February but worried it will be cold. Though it still has to be warmer than here right?

1 day at Discovery Cove

Have you looked into Discovery Cove yet? The prices are amazing! We booked a dolphin interaction package for $199 USD which is full day admission and a half hour with the dolphins. I seem to remember when we were pricing out DC 4 years ago that this package was over $500. I contacted DC and asked them what the cancellation policy is and you can cancel l for a full refund 30 days out. We bought our tickets this past weekend because the price is so good and I don't want it going up as travel starts to pick up again.

When is everyone starting to buy Disney park tickets? I keep wishing a CDN resident deal will be offered, but it seems risky to wait, then have all of the parks be full.

So we did it...booked our March break 2022 flights using our WJ travel bank credits from our cancelled March break 2020 trip! Nothing to lose and excited to start planning and dreaming again!
We booked our flights on AC using the same logic that flights booked by May 31st are fully cancellable / changeable with no fees. Fingers crossed!

I have a trip in August 2021 planned (crosses everything) which is our make up trip for the one cancelled May 2020. Unfortunately, we got the amazing Canadian Resident tickets for that trip, and they convert to a ticket credit in September. If we can't use them in August, we lose 25% of the value. It's a bummer.

We also have a DCL booked February 2022. No idea if that will happen. That was a cancellation from January 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter