2022 Gulf Shores Mini Dismeet (Not Memorial Day Weekend)

Ed that is true. I'm actually surprised it didn't have that already. I bought it in Brundage AL about an hour or two south of you. I'm thinking about trying to give it a mini fire truck look. At least with some decals to start.

I checked in on Monday. Weather has been pretty good, in the 70's. Storms are moving in tonight and then a chance of rain and thunderstorms every day after that that through Sunday. There's a lot of campers here, almost every spot is taken. I'm dog sitting and had to bring the Granddog with me, so we are getting a lot of walks through the campground. The surf was pretty wild at the beach today and rip current warnings are posted. I will be leaving about the time the mini Dismeet starts, so have a good time and enjoy!

Survived appointment one with dad. This was scheduled before he was in the hospital. Podiatrist sent him for vascular tests. Two weeks ago they checked arteries and today veins And saw the PA. Arteries looked good, as expected veins have reflux. They want to glue the main vein in each leg. of course they said it won’t fix the fluid issue since that is heart related but it would help. will mention it to the drs we see on Thursday and Friday.

On the trip dad seemed good. Much stronger than he was on Sunday, he only took the cane with him. He hates that damn walker. While I lugged the oxygen with he did not use it. Though he probably should have. He did get a nose bleed, we suspect from the nasal cannula. It won’t stop because of the Xarelto. He did sit back in his chair with the oxygen and the nose bleed when we got home. They crab at each other all day. it will be interesting if someone does not kill the other. my money is on dad though he is feisty.

I thought so, Kris. I started to copy/paste it over on the Chit Chat thread for you, but I figured you'd catch it. Glad to hear your dad is a little better.

j

Ok so hit the road last night about 6pm. Fortunately the 50 mph wind gusts where behind me till they died down. Traffic fairly uneventful. Spending the night in south Montgomery AL. Will hit Walmart for groceries and wire to fix a faulty trailer light and then to relax

We got here around 3P and got set up. Nothing going on at the moment. Got my ham radio setup and sitting outside.

Just a heads up on check-in, no more than 4 people in the lobby at a time and you have to have your temperature checked outside on an iPad. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Site 439. See ya real soon!
1054B354-7E0C-410F-838A-CB38247F00FE.jpeg

We left about 3pm and got to Herrin IL around 5. WINDY all the way here. Started raining about 30 minutes before we got here. A mile before we got to the campground the wind decided to have off with the right windshield wiper. I watched it fly off and then watched the trailer run it over.

We were invited to the rehearsal dinner tonight. There is a Camping World down here, so we stopped in and picked up 2 extra wiped blades on the way to the venue. Been raining since we got here, but it should clear up by the wedding tomorrow.
It was good seeing our friends.

Might hit the road tomorrow evening after the reception or may get an early start Sunday morning and drive straight through. Just have to see how things are tomorrow evening.

Looking forward to being back at GSP on Sunday regardless.

j

Great day in Herrin today. Cool 50s and a breeze, but the sun is out.

Here is our site. Better than I expected. Lots of grass and big sites.

Four Seasons Campground
20220416_101616_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Here is our friends 5er.
20220416_101428_copy_2304x1296.jpg

His dually is at the wedding venue. His wife drove the Mustang over. The Mustang looks like a run of the mill late 2000s convertible. It has a Roush supercharger and makes about 800 HP. Sits on a lowered custom suspension similar to on our race Mustangs.

Still don't know when we are hitting the road to GSP, but we will be at GSP sometime tomorrow afternoon.

j

@bama_ed, y'all are well represented

Attachments

• 20220416_161028_copy_407x574.jpg
    20220416_161028_copy_407x574.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220416_170847_copy_441x260.jpg
    20220416_170847_copy_441x260.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
I'm proud that some folks are happy to share their spirit.

However, I may have to have my contacts in the State Highway Patrol stop you Yankees as you cross state lines to make sure you have similar Alabama spirit gear.

Joe, you have so much to learn about Alabama but we finally got you and DW here, so we'll start with that. :thumbsup2

Still hoping to head down to you all on Wednesday. Glad you made it. Hope Jim makes it in safely.

Ed

PS - Jim and Arc are familiar with many of our restaurant favorites but everyone has their top10 list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter