• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 Flower and Garden Festival - Mar 2-July 4

@WEDWDW
You said what I was thinking! We also feel that Epcot looks naked the rest of the year. We have done plenty of February vacation trips while they're setting up the festival, April vacation trips during the festival and then some summer and Fall trips. Summer and Fall are when we go...where are the floating flowers? It definitely feels lacking.

@WEDWDW
You said what I was thinking! We also feel that Epcot looks naked the rest of the year. We have done plenty of February vacation trips while they're setting up the festival, April vacation trips during the festival and then some summer and Fall trips. Summer and Fall are when we go...where are the floating flowers? It definitely feels lacking.

I have never seen EPCOT in person at any time other than Flower and Garden. We used to always go during spring break. Last year we moved the trip to the last week in June and I thought, well that's it, no festival and then they stretched it through until July. I feel like the first time I see EPCOT without F&G I am going to be so disappointed.

So if we are there Feb 27-March 1, will the topiaries be up? I don’t necessarily care anything about the food or bands (don’t flame me!) but my mom would love to see the topiaries!

So if we are there Feb 27-March 1, will the topiaries be up? I don’t necessarily care anything about the food or bands (don’t flame me!) but my mom would love to see the topiaries!
The topiaries around the countries should be in place, as well as lots of flowers as it takes weeks to plant them. But, the main topiaries as you enter the park, and as you enter world showcase will probably not be up until the start of the festival. We've been many times 1-2 weeks before the start and can see the progress during our vacation week...it's fun to see how many more flowers there are at the end of our trip.

The topiaries around the countries should be in place, as well as lots of flowers as it takes weeks to plant them. But, the main topiaries as you enter the park, and as you enter world showcase will probably not be up until the start of the festival. We've been many times 1-2 weeks before the start and can see the progress during our vacation week...it's fun to see how many more flowers there are at the end of our trip.

Thank you!

Gorgeous topiaries and flower arrangements throughout the park, food kiosks that focus more on fresh ingredients--more fruit and veggie items (DD17 loves the frushi in Japan), Spike's pollination scavenger hunt (purchase map for under $10, get a prize when you finish the scavenger hunt.). Pre-pandemic they also had weekend concerts, lots of bands from the 60's, 70's, 80's; and various garden talks--some free, some at an extra cost. I believe concerts are supposed to be back next year, who knows about the talks. It is the most beautiful time of year at Epcot, we love visiting then!
The frushi! I ate mine so fast I immediately got a second. I’m not screwing around this year. Just getting 2 immediately.

2020 right before Disney shut down was our first taste of the F&G. We were smitten and knew we would return in a few years. Here we are, 2 years later. So looking forward to it.

Yup. When we were there in 2020, the festival started in the middle of our trip. The 1st Epcot day the front had no topiaries, but the 2nd time we went, what a lovely transformation in just a few days.

I hope there are some awesome concerts this year. I was looking forward to seeing Daughty on my birthday back in 2020 and we all know how that went. Hopefully he will be there this year!

We have been for Flower and Garden a few times and love it! The topiaries are so beautiful! Hoping to be back at the end of March to see it again!

I have never seen EPCOT in person at any time other than Flower and Garden. We used to always go during spring break. Last year we moved the trip to the last week in June and I thought, well that's it, no festival and then they stretched it through until July. I feel like the first time I see EPCOT without F&G I am going to be so disappointed.

The first time my family visited Epcot was during Flower and Garden, and it set a very high visual standard for what I expected EPCOT to *look* like.
Every visit we've made since has been during Food and Wine, and I gotta tell you, both the food and the wine made up for the visual loss *very* quickly!

The frushi! I ate mine so fast I immediately got a second. I’m not screwing around this year. Just getting 2 immediately.

2020 right before Disney shut down was our first taste of the F&G. We were smitten and knew we would return in a few years. Here we are, 2 years later. So looking forward to it.
DD17 loves frushi so much, DH always buys 2-3 orders at a time. (She also loves Spanakopita from the Greek booth during food and wine festival?... can't remember which festival, lol...have to order at least 3 at a time!)

I've done FOTH, F&W, and F&G and I have to say Flower & Garden is my absolute favorite! Also, the park is so beautifully decorated during this festival and that just adds to the experience! So looking forward to the Frushi!:woohoo:F&G MAY 2018.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter