2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (July 14 - November 19, 2022)

Does anyone have any thoughts on when the booths are least crowded? I'm planning to be there on what I expect may be a busy day (will be a Monday). Would you recommend trying to do them around 11am when they open or waiting until late afternoon (say 5-6pm?)

As I understand it, earlier in the day is better because people slowly work their way to the back of the park. Also, on weekdays you might get AP holders coming in for food and wine after work.

Does anyone have any thoughts on when the booths are least crowded? I'm planning to be there on what I expect may be a busy day (will be a Monday). Would you recommend trying to do them around 11am when they open or waiting until late afternoon (say 5-6pm?)

As I understand it, earlier in the day is better because people slowly work their way to the back of the park. Also, on weekdays you might get AP holders coming in for food and wine after work.
Yes, I would concur. I'd start when the booths open as they will get more crowded as the day goes on. Monday should be a relatively good day in terms of crowds as weekdays are usually less crowded than the weekends.

Question: our first night we arrive in MCO at 3:30. Staying at Swan. Hope to get to Epcot by 6ish. It’s also a Monday night so hoping for Extra Hours. our plan is to eat dinner at F&W booths. How late do they stay open? never been. Thanks

I have the worst day to all the F&W food, October 1st. A Saturday and Epcot's 40th :rotfl2:

Just watched a stream of the Joey Fatone and friends concert. Can someone tell me who the friends were? I know one of them way Ryan Cabrera.

I would say mid afternoon was a good time to grab food. the lines weren't long at all.

This will be my first Food and Wine visit. Watching the video I saw them buying a card. Is this the only way to purchase food? Also another poster mentioned a tray. Can someone please explain what the protocol to attend?

This will be my first Food and Wine visit. Watching the video I saw them buying a card. Is this the only way to purchase food? Also another poster mentioned a tray. Can someone please explain what the protocol to attend?

You can buy food the normal way you would buy food elsewhere in the park. Some people like to use a gift card for budgeting and convenience but it’s far from necessary. Some people like to bring a tray to help carry food, but in my opinion the value of that depends on how many people are in the group. If you’re carrying food for a large group, it could be helpful, but in my opinion for one or two people, it’s not worth it. Just a preference thing.

As above, you can pay for food at the booths with a gift card (in the video they were probably buying a special GC that attaches to your wrist for convenience, but any Disney GC will do), MB, or CC.

Trays can be handy not just for carrying food, but also for balancing on the top cover of a trash can if you can't find a table. Disney has added more standing tables over the years, but still, at very busy times, the tables can fill up.

PS if you can't find an empty table but see one that's only partially occupied, it's fine to ask someone politely if you can share the table with them.

As above, you can pay for food at the booths with a gift card (in the video they were probably buying a special GC that attaches to your wrist for convenience, but any Disney GC will do), MB, or CC.

Trays can be handy not just for carrying food, but also for balancing on the top cover of a trash can if you can't find a table. Disney has added more standing tables over the years, but still, at very busy times, the tables can fill up.

PS if you can't find an empty table but see one that's only partially occupied, it's fine to ask someone politely if you can share the table with them.
You can also pay the good old fashioned way with cash.

As far as eating on trash cans, I've been going since it opened and have never once eaten on the top of a trash can. I have sat on curbs, planters, benches and in some cases the ground out of the way and I have put my plate on the top of the walls to eat.

I just got my $3 tray delivered from Amazon, oh the things you never knew you needed till you read the Disboards. :rotfl2:

So now I'm packing a cafeteria type tray in my suitcase to bring along lol. Pretty sure it will fit in my Mickey backpack to take to Epcot. I may bring it down to the resort pool to use for drink refills. Then everyone will want one. :lmao::disrocks:

Now I need to come up with our Food and Wine top picks. We have two Epcot visits scheduled but as always it just seems jam packed. Any favorite must try selections from a recent visit?!!

I just got my $3 tray delivered from Amazon, oh the things you never knew you needed till you read the Disboards. :rotfl2:

So now I'm packing a cafeteria type tray in my suitcase to bring along lol. Pretty sure it will fit in my Mickey backpack to take to Epcot. I may bring it down to the resort pool to use for drink refills. Then everyone will want one. :lmao::disrocks:
Can you share the tray you chose? I've been trying to find a cardboard but stiff kind, like you get for takeout, but they come in packs of 50, so I'm gonna have to revise my vision:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter