2022 EBTA

How rough/bumpy is crossing in the spring? I know it varies by weather. But compared to crossing the Florida straits to Bahamas during a bit of of bumpy ride?
Ours EBTAs have been glass smooth.

Not so much for the northern route WBTA that we did. Unpleasant seas after we left the Azores enroute toward Nova Scotia. Our first WBTA went a more southernly route, ending in Miami, and that was pretty smooth as well.

I’ve heard southern route also better. Wonder if it’s also time of year?

I’ve heard southern route also better. Wonder if it’s also time of year?
The EBTA has done both southern and northern route crossings, with the northern route going up the eastern coast of the US prior to crossing the pond. However, the recent offerings have been southern.

DCL has not followed the southern route for the WBTA since we did it in 2015. Since then (2020 excepted because of the virus), the Magic has ported in New York City for some combination of Canada, Bermuda, and NY to Puerto Rico cruises in the fall until porting in Miami for the winter season.

We found the southern routes in both directions to be good weather wise, in May eastbound and September westbound.

is one side of the ship better for the eastbound transatlantic?
Thanks
I personally prefer the port side on the EBTA. On all of our cruises we check the map first...and prefer the side of the ship that the coastline is on. On the EBTA we took so many pictures as we were approaching the ports. Using the zoom lens gave us an entirely new excursion, the pictures were as if we were standing in front of the buildings! The b2b onward thru Italy...we had to change to the starboard...well worth it!😊

How rough/bumpy is crossing in the spring? I know it varies by weather. But compared to crossing the Florida straits to Bahamas during a bit of of bumpy ride?
May 23, 2013...our first EBTA....our seas were calm!

Would anyone care to recommend any neat excursions they did or are looking at.. There are alot on this cruise..

Confirming deposit for regular ov room is fully refundable by 1/8/2022? And that transA is not different. Dcl chat is not available and not going to stay on hold.
I assume that’s the case, and looks so from fine print, but just wanted to confirm that what others Understand also?

I really enjoyed my 2 eastbound Transatlantic cruises in 2013 and 2015. However, I think they've gotten pretty pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter